Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7382 7383 [7384] 7385 7386 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500070 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110745 on: May 12, 2017, 07:45:26 pm »

I've given up on my memory. I just write things down that I don't want to be forgotten.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110746 on: May 13, 2017, 01:04:29 am »

I am at a loss.

My girlfriend has been telling me contradicting things over and over and I don't know what she wants of me anymore.

She wants me to talk to her or she'll have a nervous breakdown but she tones me out (she told me this) or tells me to just be there. She wants to spend time together but everything I brought up (walking, bike riding, movies, etc) she says we can't talk to one another (even though she tells me it's ok if I'm just there). She tells me she loves physical interactions (ie, hugs, cuddling, etc) but she pushes me away when I try and hug her and says she doesn't like physical interaction. She doesn't want me to tell her I love her at all anymore because she doesn't want to feel like it doesn't mean anything (she was ok with it about a month ago and she responded back in kind, but suddenly just stopped and told me to stop).

I seriously don't know what to do anymore, and she refuses to work with me on this. I literally just want to know what she wants me to do, if I'm doing things wrong, or if this is her way of saying "it's over". It doesn't help that she refuses to communicate with me on things, for whatever reason why. I understand she's introverted, but when I see her once every two weeks to a month because of work and school (I just finished college, so now it's just work) and she outright refuses to even TALK to me to even tell me how her week is? It's gotten so bad with it that she recently just dropped off the radar for a week, told me nothing about it, and then came back like it was nothing. Here I am, worried to death because she tells me when I don't text her at least once a day, she panics. So my thoughts are "if she freaks out when I don't talk to her, God only knows what's going on when SHE doesn't answer". And all it was is she had a right couple days at work and wanted to be left alone. Again, she's introverted, and j get that, but not only not telling me that was what happened, but when I bring it up, she says NOTHING about it until two days later when we get into an argument because I outright asked her "what happened that week because you just didn't say anything", which proceeded to anger her, as if I was supposed to already know.

I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do, I don't know what she wants me to do, and she only seems to be getting more and more upset. Today she freaked out on me because I made a mention that I didn't print out my D&D character sheet and it was a good thing because I would've lost it since I'm not gonna need it for tomorrow since I'm DMing, and she took it as a personal attack because she wanted to DM. And then she says how much she hates doing this, and how much it stresses her out, and I told her don't do it if it's that bad.

She proceeds to get super upset and now she refuses to talk to me. And I have to drive an hour with her to and from kingsville for D&D while she tones me out the whole ride wearing headphones or just flat out ignoring me like she claims she does on a regular basis...

I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm not asking for advice, I'm here to just rant and talk about my feelings on this because I'm not able to get into a rehab meeting for a while...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110747 on: May 13, 2017, 02:34:27 am »

*hugs highmax*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110748 on: May 13, 2017, 06:03:19 am »

Being "an introvert" is no way an excise for shitty behaviour.

I know you said you didn't want advise but I'm going to say two things anyway: Firstly, say this to her instead of us if your meeting group (write a letter if she doesn't want to talk); and secondly, remember that being in a relationship where you feel you can do nothing right is very bad for your health and self esteem, and everyone deserves better than that.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110749 on: May 13, 2017, 06:19:25 am »

I second that. I'm an introvert too and require time to myself, but a relationship is a two-way street. Ypu need to let her know this is how you feel, or it won't improve.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110750 on: May 13, 2017, 06:23:13 am »

I second that. I'm an introvert too and require time to myself, but a relationship is a two-way street. Ypu need to let her know this is how you feel, or it won't improve.
Yep, this. Tell her what you told us. If it doesn't improve her behaviour, tough as it may sound, dump her. I wouldn't want a girlfriend who plays with my feelings like that anyhow. Those usually are the bad kind of girlfriends.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110751 on: May 13, 2017, 06:49:45 am »

Good luck, Highmax, hope things work out well for you.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110752 on: May 13, 2017, 06:26:44 pm »

I had an excellent ride last night. My mystery allergy was set off while I was sleeping for once, leaving me to wake up to a cascading full-body rash and general suffering from system dysfunction. I also was very delirious due to the combination of this with sleep - my mind kept racing off on its own down the plot of my dream even once I was awake.

This was a particularly nasty episode, I've still got some rash marks and sore joints even now, and it's been a good 15 hours since then. Still got no idea what the allergen could be.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 06:30:01 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110753 on: May 13, 2017, 08:58:40 pm »

"Mentally exhausted" is probably an understatement for me right now.

Today's highlights include the fact that all of my cats are still alive, contrary to what I was expecting earlier, and the fact that the relatives that showed up unannounced did not burn down the house (last time they tried).

Those were probably the worst two. The questionable legality of cutting down trees with bird nests still in it were discussed with people, and I drove a detached nest with 4 unhatched eggs to the local bird shelter afterwards because I had no clue what else to do. I hope they're ok.

Actually, the relatives I knew were coming down (and had expected would be stressful) turned out to be surprisingly relaxing.

This day was too long.

But anyway. I wish you luck and eloquence, highmax.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110754 on: May 14, 2017, 02:38:41 am »

I don't feel real anymore.

This is the culmination of months and hours' worth of emotional abuse received from customers for the company I work. Each day is an incredibly tedious and slow trudge trying to end calls as fast as can be while maintaining all the other metrics, as I gasp and gag literally for air, usually feeling nauseous due to anxiety issues.

I've just gotten regularized yesterday and I'm also on my halfway mark. I am largely considering leaving the company and recuperating mentally as I often have small bouts of PTSD reading stories of employee abuse by customer, regardless of how justified they are.

But, this being my first job and also conscious of how it will reflect on the status of future-me, I don't think I should leave too soon. But it's killing me and somehow making me consider adderall, just to feel enthusiastic in a steel-gray airconditioned mental sweatshop and to cope

Hell, I don't even want to be paid anymore. But I'm at a loss if I should be typing down my resignation letter.

I am not sure at all...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110755 on: May 14, 2017, 02:55:34 am »

It is 1 AM. I am tired of being kept up this late by people who do not have any timely responsibilities, who receive a regular check for the sake of breathing and having a mailbox. It's like a foreign concept that some people have to be awake at certain hours to be at certain places, either for money, or for a degree and the vague promise of future money. And I have to be up from two to four hours earlier than that, because the bus driver is the only reliably helpful person in my life. There's been a lot of promising but no actual help towards getting me my damn license, nobody cares that it's really shameful and embarassing to me and inconvenient for everybody else.

It's struck me a lot lately that my life is really unimportant to anybody besides me. Daily I have more "conversations" by sending a meme on Facebook and getting a lol back than I do face to face with another human. Fuck I need to sleep, I'll be fine in the morning once I'm distracted with being alive. Just before bed seems to be prime sulking time for me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110756 on: May 14, 2017, 08:23:57 am »

Woke up this morning to find a house covered in dog shit and piss. Because the goddamn dogs didnt want to go outside before bedtime. Now i have to clean up after them, they get to stand in the rain and be lazy assholes outside. I swear theyre all house trained, they just somehow forgot it in favor of refusing to go out at night. I should have dragged them all out by hand, but theyre so fucking heavy.

I am so angry right now i dont even know what the fuck to do
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #110757 on: May 14, 2017, 11:17:10 am »

I'm loud and annoying. I'm not fat, my life is good, I have a good job, but I'm loud and annoying and I have an internal crisis about it more or less every day.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110758 on: May 15, 2017, 01:48:17 am »

Dealing with suicidal people is hard.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110759 on: May 15, 2017, 10:06:18 am »

I made banana cake, but didn't bake it long enough, so the middle was dense and gooey.
Pages: 1 ... 7382 7383 [7384] 7385 7386 ... 8168