Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7376 7377 [7378] 7379 7380 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500978 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110655 on: April 27, 2017, 03:55:40 pm »

I want to go back and revisit this post. I actually did go to that MTG Prerelease, and wound up grabbing first place out of about 50-55 people... with this being my return to the game proper after 3 months... and having not spoiled myself on the cards at all... and being slightly weak from having given blood earlier that day... I'm honestly very surprised at the outcome. It's my first time ever winning at a prerelease, I'm actually proud of myself. I got a special playmat with a kitty sphinx artwork on it and a booster box of Amonkhet. I don't think I'll ever open it, it's my trophy.

Maybe I'll just chill out about events in the future. Though obviously the lesson doesn't come from the fact that I won, there's no meaning in that, but that I think I handled myself really well and didn't get really anxious and was able to stay calm and think clearly in such a crowded and busy environment. That's where the real value of going was.

With your hot headed youth concluded, and your battles won you can go on to become the grizzled old veteran mentor. Find an underdog and teach him to play. You get to laugh at all the young uns getin so worked up over the game now.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110656 on: April 27, 2017, 04:37:47 pm »

This week has been brutal work-wise, holy hell.

My allergies flaring up like they haven't done in many months isn't helping matters.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110657 on: April 27, 2017, 11:21:19 pm »

Laptop stopped working. Stuck on mobile until I figure out why windows explorer stops working after I login
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110658 on: April 27, 2017, 11:25:06 pm »

Now I'm only going to get a 1 day weekend because they need me to work Sunday night.
By itself, I'd be fine with it, it's that the line I have to work for isn't the one I'm actually on. And they can't mandate someone from that actual line because they had today off, and they refuse to call people to mandate them.
Basically, my weekend gets fucked so that they can have their 4-day weekend uninterrupted.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

JBramhall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110659 on: April 28, 2017, 03:02:09 am »

Well I basically have just been diagnosed as bipolar so now I'm coming to the realisation that I will never be fine. I will never be able to cope with normal friendships and relationships. I'm about to change jobs yet Here I am hiding from the world, having returned to DF and the forums after almost 2 years of absence... I'm trying to keep it together but I know the only thing keeping me semi normal ATM is the bloody anti-phycotics I'm now on.
It's said that love is a battlefield. And knowing is half the battle. And forewarned is forearmed. And fourarmed is half an octopus. Therefore, knowing about future love is a skirmish between two half-octopus Battle Chimeras. And that's alright.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110660 on: April 28, 2017, 05:01:24 am »

-snip-
My best friend is Bipolar :O You can have a diagnosis, and you can life your life okay. Knowing her since we met in highschool--there's a lot that can help out; 'fine' is subjective, alongside the idea of basing your health or otherwise on 'normality'--people can catch on, and they can adapt if there is ever the mindset of being outside or disconnected/not belonging. It's a big help if you took counseling too, post-diagnosis (which I believe is the norm), because impressions like those sound more like intrusive thoughts than otherwise. Things aren't so static as if there's always only a limit to them--friendships and relationships are very open. Leave that realization as if it's not the endpoint; often in life do those kinds of realizations hit people, and it feels confirmatory because of the emotional impact afterwards as if it explains most things felt beforehand. Leave it open for more experience.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110661 on: April 28, 2017, 06:42:05 pm »

Two more down, last one showing every sign of starting to go. Feels more shit than usual, bleh. Probably more because of other things (medication shifts, glasses prescription having been going for several months, now, and looks like it might be finally starting to induce headaches and general misery, etc., etc.), but it still sucks. Sucks more for the kittens, I guess. Maybe if there's a next time I'll actually do more than just think about bringing the litter inside...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110662 on: April 28, 2017, 08:10:27 pm »

Work leaves me too tired and too emotionally drained to be able to do anything else other than the bare minimum "shit that must be done" with my limited time when I'm not at work or sleeping in order to not be tired at work. I want to do more with my life than just work this shitty job.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110663 on: April 29, 2017, 05:36:40 pm »

Well I basically have just been diagnosed as bipolar so now I'm coming to the realisation that I will never be fine. I will never be able to cope with normal friendships and relationships. I'm about to change jobs yet Here I am hiding from the world, having returned to DF and the forums after almost 2 years of absence... I'm trying to keep it together but I know the only thing keeping me semi normal ATM is the bloody anti-phycotics I'm now on.
So am I, and I'm pretty much doing fine, apart from a not-too-serious delay in my studies. You'll need to find medication that works for you, and figure out the warning signs - that'll take time, and it'll be a pain in the ass, but it's hardly impossible. With time, you'll likely be able to lead a pretty standard life.

PM me if you like, and we can continue talking about it.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110664 on: April 30, 2017, 01:13:10 am »

Not to be melodramatic, but this was a bad month for family-visit obligations which I ended up writing off.
Birthday, dad's birthday, mom's reunion...
Sad thing is, I know from experience, I would feel even worse for longer if I'd actually attended.

I love them both (both families) in theory, but whenever I meet them I get such reality-shock.
There was a time when I was obligated to smile, but that time has passed.  So why do I try anymore?

Now I'm only sad that I broke promises.  I'm not sad that I didn't go.

Both families have many redeeming individuals!  People of better mettle than I.  I'm just at a loss...
Suddenly given true freedom, at such a late year.  I just don't know what to do, or what I want.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110665 on: April 30, 2017, 01:59:35 am »

People don't even try to be nice about my appearance anymore. I'm just ugly. I will always be ugly. I just wish I could accept it but every time I'm reminded, I just want to die. It's so vain of me. I have other things that I can be proud of, but this blot upon on my life just makes me want to die. I don't care about my appearance won't stay long even if I was good-looking, I just want to know how it feels like to be someone beautiful for once.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110666 on: April 30, 2017, 07:17:31 am »

Best as I can tell, Cin, folks don't consider you ugly, they just get mildly annoyed at you talking about it all the time.

If this is really causing you such a lot of trouble, how about making an appointment with a psychologist to see if there's something pathological going on with your self-image? Can't hurt, and I'm prepared to bet you a beer your life will improve.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110667 on: April 30, 2017, 08:17:32 am »

Plus, just because people don't gush about how pretty you are every time you appear doesn't mean they think you're ugly.

Lack of one statement doesn't automatically mean the opposite is true.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110668 on: April 30, 2017, 08:19:04 am »

To be fair, Cin hasn't talked about it here for a good long while, at least not in any places I've been.

I second the psychologist thing, though. Wanting to die because of something you have no control over (other folk's opinions) is not a healthy position.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110669 on: April 30, 2017, 08:41:54 am »

Best as I can tell, Cin, folks don't consider you ugly, they just get mildly annoyed at you talking about it all the time.

If this is really causing you such a lot of trouble, how about making an appointment with a psychologist to see if there's something pathological going on with your self-image? Can't hurt, and I'm prepared to bet you a beer your life will improve.
You better actually live in Helgoland because I'm going to make good on that.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7376 7377 [7378] 7379 7380 ... 8168