Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7295 7296 [7297] 7298 7299 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480257 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109440 on: December 04, 2016, 11:32:23 pm »

Honestly, I'm going to... Well, not necessarily worry, but definitely care/sympathize whether you tell me to or tell me to not.  :x

And it will get better.

I'm not going to let it not get better, at least to the limits of my abilities.  Which admittedly aren't much, but...They're there.

@Cinder: *hugs*

If you want to talk, I'm here.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:47:44 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109441 on: December 04, 2016, 11:41:08 pm »

I don't think there's a word for this feeling.
There are many unnamed feelings.

Life truly is cursed for some of us, isn't it?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109442 on: December 05, 2016, 12:30:59 am »

I don't often say it, but I care.

P.S. Have a more relevant Metallica song: Nothing Else Matters
Really, it's relevant to these forums in general and everyone who shares anything here.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #109443 on: December 05, 2016, 05:58:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109444 on: December 05, 2016, 12:05:49 pm »

It helps to realize that folks saying things that hurt you are often either just insensitive, jealous, or trying to emotionally push you down in order to push themselves up. So the trick is to realize that it shouldn't, and doesn't have to, affect you. (The other possibility is "trying to help by motivating you, but only managing to demoralize you instead, because they don't understand anything about how people think" (My dad fits into this last category))

*hugs*
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109445 on: December 05, 2016, 02:28:55 pm »

All the work is piling onto me too fast and I think I'm likely going to be kicked out of university.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109446 on: December 05, 2016, 02:35:02 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that. Would it be possible for you to transfer somewhere that isn't as difficult/overwhelming?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109447 on: December 05, 2016, 02:35:48 pm »

Yes but the other options suck and won't guarantee me a high-paying job.

I just really wish I was half as smart as my classmates.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109448 on: December 05, 2016, 02:58:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hate it when people say stuff like that, especially when they're basically telling you not to feel unhappy. So insulting, and generally completely untrue. Obviously if you're unhappy, the "everything" that you supposedly have is not the everything you need on a personal level.
Uh, not sure if that makes sense at all. I just woke up. But I hope you feel better soon and I'm pretty sure I know how that feels.

My current Sad: woke up being plagued by vaguely defined uncertainty, doubt, and gut-twisting fear that my plans won't work out and the things I'm striving to obtain will remain forever out of my reach. Honestly I have had a ridiculous number of mood swings and changes of heart over the last few days, going from enthusiastic and optimistic to utterly horrified about everything and back again, fairly often.
I wish I could spend more time on the "enthusiastic and optimistic" end of the spectrum and less expecting everything to go completely wrong. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109449 on: December 05, 2016, 03:13:55 pm »

Yes but the other options suck and won't guarantee me a high-paying job.

I just really wish I was half as smart as my classmates.

The mistake we make is in thinking that we're dumb for not being able to figure something out when that really isn't the reason at all.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109450 on: December 05, 2016, 04:37:41 pm »

Only now do I realize the severity to which my core has weakened since high school. I always kept up with my cardio, but upon expanding my routine recently I found I can only do half as many crunches as before and can't do push-ups at all. Apparently the muscle mass conveyed by carrying around an extra 50lbs of weight or so was far more critical than I realized.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:59:55 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109451 on: December 05, 2016, 09:15:40 pm »

Cinder, you are not dumb.  You can, and will, succeed.  I know you can.

@MSH:You know, that seems to be a thing I too am dealing with.  I should really start carrying my textbooks again...

@greatorder:*hugs*

I don't really have much advice, sadly.  :x  I just hope things get better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #109452 on: December 05, 2016, 10:32:23 pm »

This school term in particular, and 2016 in general, have not been good time periods. Blerg.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109453 on: December 05, 2016, 10:55:27 pm »

*pats*

Other than Trump, what happened?
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109454 on: December 05, 2016, 11:01:29 pm »

@MSH:You know, that seems to be a thing I too am dealing with.  I should really start carrying my textbooks again...
I wasn't carrying 50lbs of schools supplies, I was carrying 50lbs of fat. And maybe like 25lbs of school supplies, but what you carry on your back wouldn't have an effect on most muscle groups.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7295 7296 [7297] 7298 7299 ... 8167