Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7293 7294 [7295] 7296 7297 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9485544 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109410 on: December 03, 2016, 02:01:41 am »

There's a dying dove in my back garden. I wish I could do something for it, but there's really nothing. One of its wings is damaged severely, so it's never going to make it in the wild, and it's understandably traumatised so I can't handle it. About the only thing I might plausibly be able to do is lull it with some food and move it into the rabbit run so it can die in peace, without crows harassing it.

Well, the poor thing has been subjected to some more trauma. Now it's in the rabbit run, where it has food and water. If it's going to go into shock and die, it can do so with a semblance of dignity, I guess. But it flies quite well, given something's taken a hap out of its elbow.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:32:14 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #109411 on: December 03, 2016, 03:03:00 am »

I don't post here often, because frankly, I find it makes me feel terrible even reading this thread.

But, may as well put this here:

Well, at least I can copy paste the link to this post now, if anyone wants to know what has happened. I'm gonna eat some burger king now, and probably watch kill la kill.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:14:45 am by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109412 on: December 03, 2016, 11:10:25 am »

So, I wake up, and I see that Zenimax has C&D'd a great game.

I regret giving them even a cent of my money.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109413 on: December 03, 2016, 11:13:47 am »

It's difficult to walk and stand up straight unless I'm on tylenol. My insurance lapsed without notice and the meeting to start fixing it is in another week, and then it might be reinstated after 60 days, minimum.

I wish I had never done anything that required sitting. Fuck my shitty body.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109414 on: December 03, 2016, 11:35:27 am »

*hugs Digi*

Anything we can do?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109415 on: December 03, 2016, 12:36:09 pm »

Fucking about on videogames, reddit, and other such.

I forget to take out the garbage, deal with the dishes, other chores. Don't call people I said I would. Including both family and driving instructors. I only really shower every other day instead of every day.

I've been getting screamed at and given stern talks to more and more, so I'm quite positive people are pissed at me.

That something you want to change? Set the intention, and make an effort. Write a sticky note to yourself. Start changing the habit, and it'll get easier the longer you do. Build new habits at certain times of the day, and get a procedure going; when you wash, when you check email, etc. You can change it, if you want to.

Er.. wow. I've got a lot I could say about this one, but mostly I'm sorry. That's a hard situation for your brother. I can imagine it's hard for you too, in different ways.

Best weapon I've found for combating BPD is sympathy and understanding, and helping them be aware of their behavior patterns. Yes it's something they have to fix, but abandonment and judgement just fuels the behavior pattern, and confirms the broken thinking.

I don't want to go after you, but it's Super Shitty to judge people for attempting suicide; they need comfort, and need to externalize and explain why they did what they did, and need to know it can get better; I see a lot more reasons in this situation than "because attention", even if that was a factor. They don't need to be kicked while they're down, even if you feel their weaknesses is disgusting, rather than viewing them sympathetically. Also also, BPD has a few common forms and is usually generational and inherited from how you're raised. I sense a bit of it in your Mom with regard to making other people's problems about her own suffering rather than theirs. Maybe a bit of that in you too; be vigilant, okay?

The trans thing complicates it. I get that it's hard to change very old behaviors, and to question assumptions about what gender is, from the formative years when we were raised and inculcated. I'm helping my sister with some of that right now; big thing is to remind people who are having trouble with pronouns or whatever to think about who they fundamentally see a person as, and why? And to help them to honestly revise that thought; it's a hard thing to admit, when people want to be supportive, but are sorta glossing over their biases. I'm a big fan of helping people draw a distinction between words like "Woman" (a social role with dress and behavior expectations, and a Pronoun), "Male" (a phenotype/morph of the human body, with primary and Secondary Male characteristics), and even "Trans-Male" (an intersex phenotype of the human body blending primary Female and secondary Male and Female traits).

Anyway, good luck too him, and to y'all.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 12:40:25 pm by Solifuge »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109416 on: December 03, 2016, 01:44:24 pm »

Found out today that one of my aunts has stage 4 terminal cancer, and that there's nothing anyone can do about it.

The super fucked-up part is that she just found out about it yesterday.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109417 on: December 03, 2016, 04:21:05 pm »

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. :(
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #109418 on: December 03, 2016, 05:58:13 pm »

Er.. wow. I've got a lot I could say about this one, but mostly I'm sorry. That's a hard situation for your brother. I can imagine it's hard for you too, in different ways.

Best weapon I've found for combating BPD is sympathy and understanding, and helping them be aware of their behavior patterns. Yes it's something they have to fix, but abandonment and judgement just fuels the behavior pattern, and confirms the broken thinking.

I don't want to go after you, but it's Super Shitty to judge people for attempting suicide; they need comfort, and need to externalize and explain why they did what they did, and need to know it can get better; I see a lot more reasons in this situation than "because attention", even if that was a factor. They don't need to be kicked while they're down, even if you feel their weaknesses is disgusting, rather than viewing them sympathetically. Also also, BPD has a few common forms and is usually generational and inherited from how you're raised. I sense a bit of it in your Mom with regard to making other people's problems about her own suffering rather than theirs. Maybe a bit of that in you too; be vigilant, okay?

The trans thing complicates it. I get that it's hard to change very old behaviors, and to question assumptions about what gender is, from the formative years when we were raised and inculcated. I'm helping my sister with some of that right now; big thing is to remind people who are having trouble with pronouns or whatever to think about who they fundamentally see a person as, and why? And to help them to honestly revise that thought; it's a hard thing to admit, when people want to be supportive, but are sorta glossing over their biases. I'm a big fan of helping people draw a distinction between words like "Woman" (a social role with dress and behavior expectations, and a Pronoun), "Male" (a phenotype/morph of the human body, with primary and Secondary Male characteristics), and even "Trans-Male" (an intersex phenotype of the human body blending primary Female and secondary Male and Female traits).

Anyway, good luck too him, and to y'all.
Oh, yeah, I know it's Super Shitty to judge people who suicide, and I'm sorry if it comes off as me doing that. It's the morning now, and rereading over what I said, I should say that he told my mother he attempted suicide to get people to listen to him. Although, it's probably a lot deeper than that, I can only really go off what I hear from my mother, which is heavily biased. I'll admit, the part of me that feels like that's weakness is outweighed by the fact that I do feel bad for him, and it's probably only there because we never really interacted that much.

I'll agree with you that I do make things about myself, often. I'm aware of it, but breaking the habit takes a bit of time.

And I'll also agree with that first statement, because I think that it's really unhelpful to just abandon people in times of need. I also know that you haven't heard the whole story, which spans multiple years of lying, deceit, heartbreak, financial support, lack of gratitude, lack of communication, arguing, etc. etc.. I'm not going to tell you it all, because that'd take a good while. And I can't even remember it all. I wasn't even alive for all of it. But it runs deep.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109419 on: December 03, 2016, 09:21:51 pm »

Well... damn.  This was a remarkably sad day, for a lot of people.
I'll go ahead and post my small sad here...  Because I don't know the "mild sad" thread at all.  And maybe small sads belong here too, meh

My throat has been sharply sore since the... gathering.  Not sure if I caught something from the shared wine glass, or felt the need to talk too often.  Thinking the later, since it's been close to a week...
I think...
My right thigh was hurting a LOT, but I think it finally mended today.  I'll go easy on it a little while more.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109420 on: December 04, 2016, 12:32:47 am »

So, it's cool for my dad to smoke like, 3 packs a day (who counts? He rolls his own, so who knows how much smoking he actually does,) until the whole fucking house smells like it and I feel the need to shower as soon as I walk in the door, but I bring home a bottle of rum after a long day dealing with incompetent tech support and it's "I think you might have a problem. I'm worried about your drinking." I drink a hell of a lot less than I used to, I spend much, much less on alcohol than I do fast food, and it doesn't impair my driving, parenting, or work.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109421 on: December 04, 2016, 12:52:02 am »

I'll bet you anything that he knows that he's addicted and would prefer that the same thing not happen to you but, you know, men aren't supposed to admit mistakes or appear fallible or show emotion so...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109422 on: December 04, 2016, 01:17:57 am »

No, it's a "MaximumZero has had alcohol problems in the past and acknowledges this. MZ's whole family is prone to addiction." I'm just bitter about the hypocrisy and depressed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109423 on: December 04, 2016, 01:32:05 am »

Ah, gotcha.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #109424 on: December 04, 2016, 04:24:49 am »

I'm past the sad part of my birthday and have moved onto the bitterness portion that lasts longer than the birthday itself. Hooray.

Oh well. If I'm lucky I'll distract myself with work.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 7293 7294 [7295] 7296 7297 ... 8167