Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7256 7257 [7258] 7259 7260 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496179 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108855 on: November 07, 2016, 12:59:50 am »

What, there's literally no gaming groups?  :o

That sucks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #108856 on: November 07, 2016, 01:01:37 am »

Yup, to get any of my books I had to go out of town. The gaming groups out of town looked to be 100% warhammer fantasy last time I was there too, not even the RPG, just the wargame.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108857 on: November 07, 2016, 01:04:47 am »

*hugs*

I am so sorry.  :s

Have you ever heard of Roll20?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #108858 on: November 07, 2016, 01:05:55 am »

Yeah, I've been in a few failed games using it. It seems okay but kinda turboclunky at times.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Oh
« Reply #108859 on: November 07, 2016, 01:27:04 am »

[...]
I live in a small town aswell and most people are arseholes so I can partially understand your view point, but you wont find any friend material without looking.
You also wont find any here, I would know. I've tried.[...]
Doubtful if you're talking about the entirety of B12 here if that's what you're referring to :P
Other than because of anecdotal evidence of '4 years' online, it's also with impressions and a lot more to it. So...generalizing and discarding ideas won't help much in that way. It'll more only keep impressions stable without knowing more about others.
There's always room for getting to know more people--it pushes your own limits and growth, too.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:32:09 am by Tiruin »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #108860 on: November 07, 2016, 02:44:49 am »

Yeah, I've been in a few failed games using it. It seems okay but kinda turboclunky at times.
Maptool is a.much better VTT than roll20, and there happens to be a long running (albeit somewhat intermittent) game running on this forum.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #108861 on: November 07, 2016, 02:49:12 am »

Maptool isn't a whole lot better mainly because of connection shit we always had trying to use it, well... Back when I had anything I could really call a circle of friends at least.

Maybe it would behave a bit better now that most people have beefier computers in general but yeah.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #108862 on: November 07, 2016, 02:54:39 am »

It connects with ease nowadays. For awhile I had to use Hamachi because of AT&Ts firewall blocking me from running the server, but I have better internet that doesn't do that now.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #108863 on: November 07, 2016, 02:56:49 am »

Maptools is generally good, but yeah, we kept running into odd issues the moment I tried to doing something fancy with it. Line of sight stuff with it led to a lot of bugs last time me and gunner-chan were using it.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108864 on: November 07, 2016, 07:32:23 am »

I started to really cough and almost vomit blood, before it was just a slight taste of it sometimes. I'm not fucking sure how, since it's my liver that's the problem, but hey, shit happens. The immune system is also kicking in after reduction of dosage and my skin gets really itchy and hot. My muscles are sore. I couldn't really sleep at night, so I feel like falling down any time now and only reason I got out of bed this morning was just to see her. Despite that she's toxic and evil and yaddada, it's the only thing I have left. I think in English it goes "drowning man grasps at straws" but I think Polish version is much more fitting - "drowning man grasps at razors"
I am just supposed to somehow go for as long as I can. I must say that during the day I feel better, but this only makes me fear next morning.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108865 on: November 07, 2016, 08:11:59 am »

Have you told your physician? You really need to tell your physician.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108866 on: November 07, 2016, 10:44:12 am »

I don't know if you're bleeding for real, but I can think of at least two different ways liver disease can lead to bleeding problems, so if that's happening yeah, a consultation is in order
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108867 on: November 07, 2016, 11:35:19 am »

I am going soon. I'm getting a check-up with hospital every week or two, which, considering that the next regular date, depending on who I need to see (apart from physican, I guess, I need to check with dermatologist, ear-doctor (sorry, my head hurts and I can't bę arsed to check or remember) because I also have problems with skin inside the ear) and fuck know who else, whole goddamn band of doctors) ranges from a month at least to the middle of next year, so I am getting pretty insane care considering that Poland has it free.

I honestly feel like complete shit now, it would be easier to name body parts that don't hurt me and after some medication (yes, I can take it, asked the doctor) my general body temperature is around 38 C, which isint that bad. Parts of my skin are definitely hotter though and I get weird swelling on the hot places, like after mosquito bite but much more. This is new.
At this point I am afraid that I might be imagining stuff, since so many unconnected (for me) things happen. Where is doctor House when you need him, eh?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108868 on: November 07, 2016, 11:38:06 am »

Oh geez that sucks.
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108869 on: November 07, 2016, 07:25:51 pm »

I'm running on about three hours of sleep after seeing a comedy show last night.

Totally worth it.
About half an hour or so after I posted that? No longer worth it.

I don't think I'm losing my job, but my stupid runaway mind is insisting on conjuring up all the worst possible outcomes. Add in a 14-hour shift and a now three hour-long headache and I can't believe I was in such a good mood this morning.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7256 7257 [7258] 7259 7260 ... 8168