Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7230 7231 [7232] 7233 7234 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9505325 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108465 on: October 22, 2016, 06:48:24 am »

Yeah.
For the most part when I think about medical service, I don't think that free public healthcare is that so much better because of quality of it and various other stuff. It's nice, but you could live with paid healthcare.
Paid ambulances, on the other hand, are fucking ridiculous.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108466 on: October 22, 2016, 06:56:47 am »

I would personally say that national healthcare is really, really important. While private healthcare is good for it being an option, an effective public health system is a vital part of a developed nation.

I actually kinda assumed Australia would have something based off the NHS. I didn't realise it was all private.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108467 on: October 22, 2016, 07:06:18 am »

It's not USA "HAHAHA YOU CAN JUST WRAP YOUR NECROTIC ARM WITH YOUR BOOSTRAPS!!!" tier, though we seem to be heading down that path with the cuts. Vital surgery is 100% subsidized and you get in very quickly.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108468 on: October 22, 2016, 07:09:49 am »

(an ambulance to my area will cost thousands)
Damn. Which country are you from? Emergency services like an ambulance should be free.
I am Australian. An ambulance will cost 934 dollars at the bare minimum due to a callout fee. You then pay $5.40 per-kilometer.
I uh... What? I can say that I've never heard about this. I could be wrong but don't the taxes we pay go towards this stuff?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108469 on: October 22, 2016, 07:14:54 am »

Damn. Which country are you from? Emergency services like an ambulance should be free.
I am Australian. An ambulance will cost 934 dollars at the bare minimum due to a callout fee. You then pay $5.40 per-kilometer.
I uh... What? I can say that I've never heard about this. I could be wrong but don't the taxes we pay go towards this stuff?
Medicare does not cover ambulance fees, either you need to pay an ambulance levy (which I can't afford) or have private insurance (which I can't afford even MORE!)
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108470 on: October 22, 2016, 07:18:21 am »

Public healthcare is more cost-effective than private systems. This is pretty much proven.

Its also morally and socially better, but thats more of a personal opinion. I'd probably not consider living anywhere without decent public healthcare.

I thought Australia had public healthcare, by the way  :(

It's nice, but you could live with paid healthcare.

Until something serious happens.  Then you can't.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108471 on: October 22, 2016, 07:20:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please don't kill yourself. Are there any LGBT communities near your location that you can talk with?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108472 on: October 22, 2016, 08:23:13 am »

There's no LGBT stuff near where I live.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108473 on: October 22, 2016, 10:05:29 am »

dont kill yourself dude

Also on sad things : the motherland is cutting spendings on medicine by 20 % this year

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108474 on: October 22, 2016, 10:16:23 am »

There's no LGBT stuff near where I live.
I doubt that.  But even if there isn't, there's bound to be somewhere you can call, at least, if nothing else.

Please, if you do find somewhere to call, call them.

Even just a suicide prevention hotline.

Dying doesn't fix anything.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108475 on: October 22, 2016, 10:39:05 am »

Medicare does not cover ambulance fees
Whaaat, really? I was pretty sure it did. Are you sure that's the case all over Australia?
I never had to pay for my one ambulance ride, so as far as I'm aware it was covered. Of course, there's a chance there's an unpaid bill lurking somewhere in the void, just waiting to spring out and ruin my life with overdue fees. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108476 on: October 22, 2016, 06:10:43 pm »

Medicare does not cover ambulance fees
Whaaat, really? I was pretty sure it did. Are you sure that's the case all over Australia?
I never had to pay for my one ambulance ride, so as far as I'm aware it was covered. Of course, there's a chance there's an unpaid bill lurking somewhere in the void, just waiting to spring out and ruin my life with overdue fees. >.>
If Lovecraft was an accountant....

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108477 on: October 22, 2016, 07:45:02 pm »

Also on sad things : the motherland is cutting spendings on medicine by 20 % this year
I'm just waiting for those fuckers to announce that what remains of our healthcare system is now a corp that we gotta pay money to, or sell it off in chunks to private parties who just coincidentally also happen to be government officials. This would be their style: grab what's been built before them and twist it 180 degrees around to wring a quick buck from people who have no choice but to pay.
Standard scheme: underfund a state institution for years on end, then let your buddy nab it and use it as his private money farm, after that point out that it's workīng much better now than when it was chronically underfunded, what miracles the free market and private enterprise can work. The plebs applauds, everybody involved gets extra candy in addition to all the candy they've already nicked.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108478 on: October 22, 2016, 08:31:12 pm »

If regenerative medicine were advanced, I would refer Kot to the place in North Carolina. It's not. I'm sad.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108479 on: October 22, 2016, 08:37:27 pm »

What about the thing with extracellular matrix?

Although Kot is in Poland.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 7230 7231 [7232] 7233 7234 ... 8168