Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7221 7222 [7223] 7224 7225 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9502045 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108330 on: October 16, 2016, 06:43:24 pm »

bruh moment
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:51:50 am by Calidovi »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108331 on: October 16, 2016, 06:48:12 pm »

Shouldn't we all?
When I have a kid I'm going to do my best to accept them for what they are, and not hold them to unfair standards, and I'm probably going to fail horribly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108332 on: October 16, 2016, 06:50:01 pm »

It's a pretty common thing among first-gens, because getting set up in a new country is a hard tack and failing at doing so can be disastrous. So perhaps less vicariousness, and more an unadjusted application of their own circumstances to your very different ones.

Ironically, their very existence is one of the major differences in circumstance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #108333 on: October 16, 2016, 06:52:53 pm »

"rolan jr i swear to god get back in the shitpost mines or youre on fatigues for a week. why cant you be more like lsp? hes such a good kid"

"parent of unknown gender, lsp has been banned for 10 years he cant shitpost any more"

"dont speak to me like that again or its 2 weeks on the 'curses' board for you"

"no"

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108334 on: October 16, 2016, 06:57:36 pm »

I already liked you but, you're awesome.
*brushes tangles from Calidovis wool*
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #108335 on: October 16, 2016, 07:08:18 pm »

thanks to the responders, hopefully my situation changes once i get out of the house

and no homo, rolan

@metalslimehunt
i think you hit the nail on the head
job market in india is incredibly small so they had to work hard as shit to get basic qualifications (qualifications that are respected highly here), and then starting from the top in the us let them never really get how different it is

theyre weird, multifaceted people that i dont and probably never will understand

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108336 on: October 17, 2016, 12:55:52 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:14:29 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108337 on: October 17, 2016, 01:32:09 am »

Oh god, yes, Indian job market.

As an american immigrant in India, fuck the Indian job market.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108338 on: October 17, 2016, 02:43:20 am »

still going through my week in a daze. don't enjoy anything, barely even go out to eat. manic behavior just to break the monotony. struggling to get a small thing done that I needed to do before my break. it's now the latter half of my break and I'm only finishing it now. posting a little here and there and just... nothing.i have no idea why i stay up at night when i spend literally all day bored. it's not like i'm doing something more interesting then sleep. Hell I love sleep, why am I posting at 3:45 AM? There are reasons, but no good ones.

Im tempted to say that this started when i lost interest in my previous temporary hobby (well no, actually it just became impossible to pursue further, but i always lose interest eventually anyway). i hate having a cycle of gaining interest in something, making it a big part of my life for weeks, or even months, and then just... losing interest. and then I'm depressed because I've lost such a big part of my life, and anywhere i start off with next i'll be a neophyte. Eventually i'll find something, i'll make friends within that thing, hyperfocus it, I'll gain more knowledge and maybe even make plans involving it... and then i'll just suddenly lose my drive and interest. if i'm lucky I'll still have some residual interest in it, but for a while i can't stand the sight of it. i can't seem to stand anything for too long.

I'm not sure though. For all I can remember it's been roughly this bad for the entire semester. I do feel like I was more on top of self-grooming though, or at least eating regularly. Something's gotten worse.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108339 on: October 17, 2016, 03:19:38 am »

[...]So perhaps less vicariousness, and more an unadjusted application of their own circumstances to your very different ones.
It could also be them telling the same thing they learned because that was mostly or only the thing that was told to them. It's a complex thing. :-\ Still, a PSAT isn't something to compare wholesome worth to. It may most likely have been something said and not literally meant at the time.

thanks to the responders, hopefully my situation changes once i get out of the house
Many people here have their PM boxes open :O

I'm as abandoned by the gods as they are by me.
I have no one to blame but myself.
Nobody is ever alone in this world unless it is convincing to them that they are alone.
You're not alone if you're with yourself--because you have thoughts, and thoughts carry the ideas from others and your own working; learned or otherwise.

Also I can't read analogy. :P

Thesisworries \o/
And a ton of pressure. Woo!

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108340 on: October 17, 2016, 05:50:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108341 on: October 17, 2016, 11:16:00 am »

why won't this grief end. I can't sleep, I can't move on, and all I want to do is see her smile again. Just once. Even in a dream.

But I guess that's too much to ask.

And I've been trying to talk to people but it just seems like shitty temporary help, like slapping a bandaid on a shotgun wound. It feels nice for a bit, but doesn't do a whole lot. And I can tell I'm starting to get on their nerves. Everyone's. But this is all my life is right now, and I just... can't move past it.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108342 on: October 17, 2016, 11:42:39 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:14:43 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108343 on: October 17, 2016, 11:56:08 am »

*hugs Rolan*
Ah.

I'm here if you want to talk, although I probably don't have much advice.

*hugs TherosPherae*

You aren't getting on my nerves.

That said, have you talked to a professional?  I really think that they might be able to help you out.

@Gamedragon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*hugs Tiruin*
You got this.  I would make a Conan the Barbarian reference but I just can't quite make it fit a thesis.

*hugs misko*
Talk to a professional.

*hugs Rolan again*

*hugs Calidovi*
Just, good luck, 'kay?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108344 on: October 17, 2016, 05:09:27 pm »

*hugs misko*
Talk to a professional.
You can't make me. I don't listen to alternate-universe clones. You're not my real dad. :P

I've talked to professionals. I'm talking to one now. Hell, I'm talking to two. I never seem to get the help I need out of them. My mom would say that's because I lack the instinct to ask for the right thing and explain my problems clearly and with an eye towards solving them; whether that means medicine or whatever. Is she right? I don't know. Maybe. In practice, the person who first explained the cycle of gaining interest in something, focusing it, and then losing it and growing depressed was a peer of mine, not a professional. I don't know where to go with these issues,  or how to phrase them. I only have a few sessions with my therapist left, and I'm probably not going to be fixed in 4 weeks, so there are limits to that too. And I'm used to hiding my problems so I can keep getting my medicine and not be marked down in some book as either a potential drug addict or "mentally unstable, consider hospitalization", so asking for changes in my meds is a loaded topic and I never press the issue whenever the prescriber is reluctant.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 7221 7222 [7223] 7224 7225 ... 8168