Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7205 7206 [7207] 7208 7209 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507935 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108090 on: October 03, 2016, 12:17:20 pm »

Join a club you're interested in.
I am pretty sure that's not a thing here.

Find some friends to hang out with.
People barely have time and if they do have it they aren't going to spend it with me.

Make some, if you don't have any.
Easier said than done. I've moved like year ago and I still don't know anyone here at all apart from the slight idea who my neighbours are.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #108091 on: October 03, 2016, 12:34:06 pm »

Don't know about your area, but in a lot of places local gaming stores will have events going on all the time. It's a good place to go hang out, meet people, and play games.

But in general it does sounds like your issue is feeling too solitary. You'll have to make efforts to find out what people in your area do and try to make some more friends. It can be difficult and intimidating, but it is necessary for proper mental health.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108092 on: October 03, 2016, 01:08:56 pm »

Don't know about your area, but in a lot of places local gaming stores will have events going on all the time. It's a good place to go hang out, meet people, and play games.
Poland. Not big city.
Good luck.

Fuck I'd give a lot for a store that sells WH40k stuff nearby. The closest one is quite considerable drive away.

But in general it does sounds like your issue is feeling too solitary. You'll have to make efforts to find out what people in your area do and try to make some more friends. It can be difficult and intimidating, but it is necessary for proper mental health.
Proably.
But I also don't have much time and honestly, just walking outside and going around in circles is not enough. I have no fucking idea where I could meet people except from night clubs and shit and I don't really aim for people that frequent those places.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #108093 on: October 03, 2016, 01:12:25 pm »

Yeah, my knowledge of Poland is pretty sparse, I'm afraid.

Sports, maybe?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108094 on: October 03, 2016, 01:18:16 pm »

Poland is now officially worse than Germany then.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108095 on: October 03, 2016, 02:08:04 pm »

Nightclubs are a shit place for meeting people anyway.

How 'bout some tabletop RPG thing, or maybe a sport-type activity? Or become part of some youth subculture - hiphop is pretty cool for example, and graffiti looks rad if done right.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108096 on: October 03, 2016, 02:55:13 pm »

Unrelated to that, I do love me some racist, hate speech graffiti. Walking down the steps and seeing an injunction to 'dubula ibhunu' ('shoot the boer', a lyric from a song that is actualy illegal!) really makes me feel safe and accepted on this non-racial campus.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108097 on: October 03, 2016, 03:18:45 pm »

How 'bout some tabletop RPG thing,
Poland.

or maybe a sport-type activity? Or become part of some youth subculture - hiphop is pretty cool for example, and graffiti looks rad if done right.
Poland. Youth subcultures are your easiest way to get in trouble, especially considering that the most interesting graffiti I've seen around here was the proper gramatically version of HWDP (it should be CHWDP and basically means dick in police ass... fucking amazing, I know). Also, joining one would be basically forcing it on myself which doesn't sound very nice. Sport-type... eh, maybe, I'm not exactly sure what sport and again, I guess that would be forcing. I have been riding horses in a certain place but since then they went bankrupt and horses went to be made into sasuages, so I guess that's fucked too. Not to mention that it would cost quite considerable money.
The problem is that the only way to get decent friends is either school (which I basically lost all my friends form, if someone recalls) or just by living in one place since childhood because if you have moved somewhere then GGWP, because getting into such closed groups is basically impossible.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108098 on: October 03, 2016, 03:26:49 pm »

Try getting some people riled up for RPG stuff, then. It's intriguing enough a concept, especially if you pick one that is less, um, cliché than D&D.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108099 on: October 03, 2016, 03:35:00 pm »

I belive you're missing a major point there.
It's Poland. :p

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108100 on: October 03, 2016, 03:44:10 pm »

How 'bout some tabletop RPG thing,
Poland.
Dude, I'm pretty sure it can't be that bad. I mean, I'm in Russia, and there's tabletop RPG things everywhere (not only in Moscow and St.P, like everywhere, even fuckin' Omsk of all places), people are actually massive nerds. I'd never have expected that, but it's true.
I sorta don't get your attitude toward Poland, you know? First you're 3patriotic5me, then you're like "It's Poland :'(". Well, unless it's just fatalistic determination to love Poland despite the fact that it's kinda meh, because we have a lot of those kinds of emotions over here too, so I guess I can understand that.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108101 on: October 03, 2016, 04:06:28 pm »

You could try into space
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #108102 on: October 03, 2016, 04:07:53 pm »

Oi.
Only Poles get to talk shit about Poland.
Rest gets Winged Hussar lance to the ass.

Also, proably yes, you could find some RPG players in some of bigger cities but I am pretty sure the same problem as with the rest would apply - closed as fuck.

You could try into space
That sounds like pretty decent idea tbh.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108103 on: October 03, 2016, 04:29:13 pm »

... apparently trying to get the mother cat to wean that abandoned kitten was a bad idea. Her litter was just starting to open their eyes and whatnot. Brought the kitten in, cat took it in, left things to their own devices for... maybe a week, maybe two. Seemed to be going alright, at the beginning. Fine a bit later, too, even up to the point the litter was moved (which is normal, mind, and not a warning sign in the least). Noticed yesterday most her litter are dead and the rest are dying, and there's not much that can be done about it... at this point, I'm not even sure a vet visit would help any, even if we could afford it. Looking a lot like that kitten was abandoned for a reason :-\

Probably should have paid more attention, I guess. Kept forgetting to, ha. Made apparent mistake of letting other people take care of it, too. And, of course, forgot that when a parent cat separates a kitten it's usually for a reason. Didn't think to stop said other people from trying to put the kittens back together, which was a mistake. Good intentions paving roads. Unpleasant, unfortunate, etc. Always fairly depressing when something like this happens.

At least the mother seems fine, I guess. Think if it gets pregnant again that time I'm just going to bring the cat inside until the damn kittens are a bit grown. Second litter she's had, second one that's (about to have, anyway) died in its entirety. Last time was some kind of disease, too, though the symptoms aren't particularly similar this round.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108104 on: October 03, 2016, 04:47:52 pm »

Well shit, this is between here and WTF.

A girl from my uni expedition group died yesterday. She got hit by a car. I feel weird. We weren't close friends or anything - talked a few times, I bummed a glass of cider off of her once - more like acquaintances, really. But it's so weird. It happened just yesterday. Her VK page looks like - I mean, it's impossible to tell that you're looking at a dead person's page. Her messages are still here in the chat, but she's not. There's probably a body in a morgue somewhere, already cold, that used to be her just a day ago. It just...happened. She was here, and now she's not.

They're holding her funeral on Wednesday. I don't know if I should go. I don't know her parents and friends except for the others from the same expedition. I've never been to a funeral before. It's a weird thing to realize about yourself, isn't it? Nobody close to me has died - yet.

I don't feel safe right now.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 7205 7206 [7207] 7208 7209 ... 8168