Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7177 7178 [7179] 7180 7181 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475858 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107670 on: September 15, 2016, 04:00:30 pm »

I'm almost certain that at some point a local doctor labelled me as the type to minimize problems, no matter how severe. Either that or they're just in super deep with each other and have some sort of referral circlejerk thing going on.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #107671 on: September 15, 2016, 04:12:34 pm »

Feeling pretty down about how most people in my meatspace already have good friends, and it seems that nobody wants a friend as much as I do, which limits my friend-making opportunities.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107672 on: September 15, 2016, 04:22:56 pm »

*hugs DD*
I know the feel with the no friends thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107673 on: September 15, 2016, 04:29:30 pm »

In the small sads corner- waking up early from good dreams, and later realizing the dream involved an ex I wasn't aware I missed.
Messaging the ex About the dream, albeit in a "hey this'll help inflate your ego" lighthearted fashion (we still chat pretty often) despite her 4 year anniversary coming up.
Have not gotten a reply. Have resolved that quietly freaking out is for teens, and as an adult I should just consider the friendship dead and forget they ever existed, as it's the more mature thing to do.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107674 on: September 15, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

Maybe they just haven't seen it.  It's not like it's been weeks.

Calm down, take a step back, don't panic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107675 on: September 15, 2016, 04:43:27 pm »

I'm clearly not panicking here.
I just figure the sad thread needs some lighthearted girl/boy troubles once in a while to get the mind off malpractice and infidelity.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107676 on: September 15, 2016, 04:57:05 pm »

That's, uh, what mildsad thread is for.
Sigtext

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107677 on: September 15, 2016, 05:25:42 pm »

I don't believe in it.
Enough firstborn children and we'll need a mild happy thread, and then it's find.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107678 on: September 15, 2016, 05:31:17 pm »

Social contracts and politeness are for lesser folk.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107679 on: September 15, 2016, 05:39:43 pm »

This is kinda more of an angry than a sad, but I finally got focused on my schoolwork and I've hunkered down in a corner at my local public library, listening to Halloween-themed instrumentals when kids arrive. They're playing tag in the library. I repeat: Tag. In the goddamn library. Two of them almost ran into me and one nearly tripped over my laptop cord.

*nudges volume up*

Edit: Oh joy. Now they're playing Hide-and-Seek.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:42:20 pm by Silthuri »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107680 on: September 15, 2016, 05:48:56 pm »

In the small sads corner- waking up early from good dreams, and later realizing the dream involved an ex I wasn't aware I missed.
Messaging the ex About the dream, albeit in a "hey this'll help inflate your ego" lighthearted fashion (we still chat pretty often) despite her 4 year anniversary coming up.
Have not gotten a reply. Have resolved that quietly freaking out is for teens, and as an adult I should just consider the friendship dead and forget they ever existed, as it's the more mature thing to do.

Feels is feels, dude. Sucks to lose a friend in a breakup, even if the friend is the one you broke up with in the first place. I don't know if feeling sad or "quietly freaking out" is immature either; I'm pretty sure Limerance is just a Human trait, and is not reserved for teens. You feel a certain way about someone else, whatever that is, and you hope another person feels similarly about you. It's something to do with how our brains are wired to seek meaningful connections and social interactions, and generally be understood or matter to others.

I don't think reaching out in a friendly or funny way is a bad thing, even if it's an honest attempt to rebuild that friendship. If they're okay with how things are now, and don't care to contact you anymore, that's their call too. At least you were honest with your own feelings and reached out. That seems pretty mature to me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107681 on: September 15, 2016, 06:49:15 pm »

*hugs Solifuge*
Sigtext

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107682 on: September 15, 2016, 08:33:13 pm »

Kids playing tag in the goddamn library.
Pretty sure below a certain age they can be literally treated as a force of nature.

-exsnip-
-advicesnip-
Ahahah, Whilst I am kinda still carrying a torch for the girl, that specific part is something I'm not and would never mention to her. Besides which, it's more of a wistful nostalgia than anything else. Strong enough maybe to cause problems if a current partner were to meet them (or possibly the reason why hers tends not to be around when she meets me), but not enough that a relationship could be carried aloft on it.
But no, it was literally just a goofy-sexy dream. And I was woken up early so it never got past goofy with intention to sexy.
Which I mentioned in passing. However, my subconscious was graciously forgiven, and an anecdote related to me in which she dreamt she ate her pet mouse (which she doesn't own) as an example of how little control we have over these things.
So that's a safe non-threatening ending to that tale.

-horkbleurghsnip-
Holy crap that is terrible. I'm a similarly armoured person, and when an even marginally close friend leaves I'm pretty wrecked for a long time.
Here's a consolatory *pat* on the shoulder, *hugs* notwithstanding.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #107683 on: September 16, 2016, 02:11:31 am »

Dreamversions of old friends are the worst. Some month ago I almost started crushing on a friend I haven't seen for years just because I dreamt about her repeatedly over a couple of weeks or so. It felt pretty ridiculous.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107684 on: September 16, 2016, 03:58:56 am »

Protesters wandering around campus trying to shut it down. Setting off fire alarms, intimidating people, and so on.

A small part of me thinks they should all be shot. It's not a reasonable part of me, but this crap deeply, deeply pisses me off. They're not actually protesters, they're vandals. Hooligans. Thugs.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7177 7178 [7179] 7180 7181 ... 8167