Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7175 7176 [7177] 7178 7179 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9474068 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107640 on: September 14, 2016, 02:10:43 pm »

If that helps, sure, but YOU.  ARE.  JUST.  AS.  IMPORTANT.  AS.  EVERYONE.  ELSE. 

A life lived for yourself is just as valid and as good as a life lived for others. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107641 on: September 14, 2016, 02:17:57 pm »

If that helps, sure, but YOU.  ARE.  JUST.  AS.  IMPORTANT.  AS.  EVERYONE.  ELSE. 

A life lived for yourself is just as valid and as good as a life lived for others.
Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107642 on: September 14, 2016, 02:38:07 pm »

Telling him we love him isn't helpful.

Asking why the fuck he needs to do everything that's piled up over weeks instantly is a good question, though.

Living your life for others is stupid, too. You can't control the goings on in someone else's life, so what's the point in tying your happiness to someone else?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107643 on: September 14, 2016, 03:11:15 pm »

Asking why the fuck he needs to do everything that's piled up over weeks instantly is a good question, though.

Living your life for others is stupid, too. You can't control the goings on in someone else's life, so what's the point in tying your happiness to someone else?
Because it doesn't come off as that serious, only just three weeks worth of stuff...?

I just believe that considering circumstances, some people deserve more than me?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107644 on: September 14, 2016, 03:18:15 pm »

A month of backlog is kinda serious.  So you shouldn't do it all at once.

And no.  Nobody deserves any more or less than you do.  Some people have more or less, but you're not any less deserving than anybody else.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:25:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107645 on: September 14, 2016, 03:20:35 pm »

What circumstances? When you boil it all down everybody's the same. We all need the same things or we'll die, and we all want the same things or we'll go mad. You are also biased when it comes to you. The number of times you've come in here and said "I'm shit" versus the number of people who have said "no you're not" puts you quite firmly in the minority when it comes to considering your value.

If you weren't able to do the three weeks worth of stuff at the time they came up, how does it compute that you can do it all now? I can't imagine circumstances have changed that much in three weeks. You're being too hard on yourself with that expectation.

I imagine the scale of 3 weeks worth of shit piling up is also providing you an excuse not to do it, though. So much shit to do, what's the point in starting, eh?

Do what you can. That's all that you can reasonably expect of yourself. Also prioritize. Anything that doesn't have to be done, or doesn't have to be done by you, can be ignored for the time being.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107646 on: September 14, 2016, 04:40:32 pm »

If you weren't able to do the three weeks worth of stuff at the time they came up, how does it compute that you can do it all now? I can't imagine circumstances have changed that much in three weeks. You're being too hard on yourself with that expectation.

I imagine the scale of 3 weeks worth of shit piling up is also providing you an excuse not to do it, though. So much shit to do, what's the point in starting, eh?

Do what you can. That's all that you can reasonably expect of yourself. Also prioritize. Anything that doesn't have to be done, or doesn't have to be done by you, can be ignored for the time being.
Better too hard than too lax?

What's the point in starting if I can't reliably get more stuff done than what pops up, and signs point to me not having the capability to keep up with the backlog? If I were certain I could get things done faster than they pop up, it wouldn't be a problem.

Everything is equally important but I guess I have to motivate myself through will or force to keep up with the attrition of things popping up. I just cleared quite a bit of housework but I'm still nervous.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107647 on: September 14, 2016, 05:04:50 pm »

Considering you are talking about killing yourself, I'm going to go with no.

What's the point in starting if I can't reliably get more stuff done than what pops up, and signs point to me not having the capability to keep up with the backlog? If I were certain I could get things done faster than they pop up, it wouldn't be a problem.

Because you get worked up by shit building up that hasn't been done and think about killing yourself as a result :P

You say you don't have the capability to do it. If that is true, why are you getting worked up to that point over it?

Everything is equally important but I guess I have to motivate myself through will or force to keep up with the attrition of things popping up. I just cleared quite a bit of housework but I'm still nervous.

Why? I am going to assume you mean anxious, as that makes more sense in context and it tends to linger after whatever stimulated it goes away.

Nasty double whammy though; anxiety telling you shit needs to get done while depression tells you you can't do it.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107648 on: September 14, 2016, 05:46:20 pm »

Considering you are talking about killing yourself, I'm going to go with no.

Because you get worked up by shit building up that hasn't been done and think about killing yourself as a result :P

You say you don't have the capability to do it. If that is true, why are you getting worked up to that point over it?

Why? I am going to assume you mean anxious, as that makes more sense in context and it tends to linger after whatever stimulated it goes away.

Nasty double whammy though; anxiety telling you shit needs to get done while depression tells you you can't do it.
1 - Alright, I can see why you disagree.

2 - Whether I have the capability to do so or not, if stuff is building up I'm going to get worked up because it's still there and it's work that has to be done.

3 - Is there a difference...?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107649 on: September 14, 2016, 05:57:23 pm »

Nervousness tends to go away once the stimulus is gone. Anxiety is an insidious squatter that doesn't want to leave once you let it in.

Anyhow, you've said you can't do the work. If you can't do the work, what's the point in worrying about it? It'll get done when you get round to it. Worrying about it, at least to the extent you do, is keeping you from other work, which then gets added to the pile of work that should've been done before. It is an endless circle of "I need to do this but I'm so stressed about all the other stuff I have to do I can't do this but I need to do this..."

Also, my point wasn't to get you to see why I disagree, it was to get you to agree :P killing yourself is not the answer, ever. There is obviously an issue with being too hard on yourself if that is a solution you arrive at frequently.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107650 on: September 15, 2016, 07:23:10 am »

Oh my God she hug me! And told me that while she doesn't forgive me we are going to try! That had to be the most important hug in my whole life.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107651 on: September 15, 2016, 07:29:08 am »

Good on you man.  Good on her as well.   :)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107652 on: September 15, 2016, 07:39:07 am »

Aw yiss
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107653 on: September 15, 2016, 07:57:18 am »

You did good.
Sigtext

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107654 on: September 15, 2016, 08:17:20 am »

Try to go to deviant art to look for some cool pixelart. Nope.
Ehm, 404, may be internet problems? Nope.
May be it is just opera breaking?Lets try to view it with google chrome, it usually helps.
The site you are trying to access has been blocked due to being declared illegal by russian communication overwatch.
Move along, citizen.

Thank you, motherland.

Pages: 1 ... 7175 7176 [7177] 7178 7179 ... 8167