Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7174 7175 [7176] 7177 7178 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473743 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107625 on: September 14, 2016, 09:14:31 am »

Thanks for the support pals. I feel I don't deserve it. She doesn't even want me to touche her. I'll give her space to process things. She doesn't believe it was only sexting and told me she replied the person in Facebook and wait to see what it reply or send to her. She asked about the video. Im seriously thinking about asking for it to prove her is not me. Since is not me! I never done that. Today will be a bad day. Hell if feel a bad month or even a bad year or life is ahead of me.
I'm also sick and have 3 days of recovery (not work)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:52:48 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107626 on: September 14, 2016, 10:12:40 am »

All I can do is hope.  But I will hope for you.  I hope things get better.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107627 on: September 14, 2016, 10:27:34 am »

I think perhaps because the modern usage of the f-word is in reference to gay people, despite its other uses, I don't think it's unreasonable, especially considering Toady doesn't appear to wield the banhammer unless there are multiple violations.
I got banned for that word when I used it once, though.
It was just for a week or ten days so I got better.

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107628 on: September 14, 2016, 11:39:01 am »

Look at it this way: Whatever happens now, you did the right thing. Whatever happens, you'll be able to walk with your back straight, to look at yourself in the mirror in the morning. You didn't do what was easy but dishonest, you did was was hard but right. For that alone you can be proud of yourself.

Seconding this. Adding that I'm sorry that coming out with the truth like that can paradoxically make people trust you less. I've never been married, but it sounds like a minor infidelity to inspire that kind of reaction in you both; the bigger issue is probably the act of keeping it a secret. It seems your partner expects more and worse secrets around every corner now.

I hope you two can have a conversation about this, and how you're both feeling in the wake of it. If nothing else happened, I hope you can communicate that too, and establish that foundation of trust and openness. Wishing you the best.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #107629 on: September 14, 2016, 12:47:00 pm »

I'm dealing with a family in which a family member is seriously ill and treatment options are very limited, and relatives seem pathologically unable to understand this. This is causing me significant amounts of stress.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107630 on: September 14, 2016, 12:49:02 pm »

*hugs ChairmanPoo*

Just focus on treating the patient.  I don't think you're in the right field to treat selective listening.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107631 on: September 14, 2016, 01:09:22 pm »

That sucks dude. Sometimes people just don't want to know, even if they should.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107632 on: September 14, 2016, 01:30:42 pm »

Mental stability is going to shit. I've skipped way too much class for it being this early in the semester and even missed a couple assignments because of this. I don't really like any of the counselors at my college, so I'm waiting for group to start up so I can maybe have somewhere I can physically talk to people who actually understand what it feels like. Damn, I miss my first therapist. She was amazing. I could tell her anything and she would listen. The others I've talked to speak to me like I'm going to blow up or they've just repeated "how does that make you feel?" over and over. The one that I started seeing after my original therapist left makes me sick.

Add on having acquaintances who I have to socialize with regularly which is very draining for me. And my dad has been pushing me to go straight to law school next fall because "go straight into it while it's all fresh in your mind and you can handle the stress." I am not handling the stress well at all.

Oh yeah. And I've been fighting with my boyfriend. Not sure how much longer we're going to be together.

I feel like I'm just one more fuckup away from breaking to pieces.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107633 on: September 14, 2016, 01:32:05 pm »

*hugs Silthuri*

If you want to talk to me, I'm here.

I can't promise I'll be much help, but I'll try.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107634 on: September 14, 2016, 01:45:17 pm »

In all honesty I can only really consider every day a loss and I have to watch everything collapse so I can gauge how big of a loss it is. I'm sitting on weeks worth of unstarted chores and schoolwork that I can't even start because I haven't any energy and I know I'll fail if I try. I couldn't even speak to my councelor today, not like talking does anything. I should just dive into traffic and improve everyone's lives in a few seconds.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107635 on: September 14, 2016, 01:49:07 pm »

Please don't.  You definitely would not be improving ours by your absence. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107636 on: September 14, 2016, 01:51:34 pm »

My life wouldn't be improved by the loss of yours.

Try doing just one chore or assignment.  See if that goes.  Just one thing at a time, not the monolith.

You don't know you'll fail until you've tried.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107637 on: September 14, 2016, 01:55:50 pm »

My life wouldn't be improved by the loss of yours.
Please don't.  You definitely would not be improving ours by your absence.
Sure as hell doesn't seem like it.

Try doing just one chore or assignment.  See if that goes.  Just one thing at a time, not the monolith.

You don't know you'll fail until you've tried.
Doing one thing is a waste of time. All or nothing.

Oh, so try, fail, and then give up. Got it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107638 on: September 14, 2016, 01:58:45 pm »

That little voice in your head, telling you all this?  Yeah, fuck that. 

Your mind is your enemy.  Always will be, same as everyone else. 

Please don't do anything you'll regret.  And you WILL regret it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107639 on: September 14, 2016, 02:06:05 pm »

... I'll never understand this compassion people have for me.

I guess I have to keep trying until things are right for others sake...
Pages: 1 ... 7174 7175 [7176] 7177 7178 ... 8167