Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7148 7149 [7150] 7151 7152 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461703 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107235 on: September 01, 2016, 03:11:08 pm »

Youtube's new Terms and Conditions.

Of all stupid shit I have witnessed Youtube do in my lifetime this is probably the stupidest.
So they are making it official now?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107236 on: September 01, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »

Do you have a link so I can cue up some frothing rage later?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107237 on: September 01, 2016, 04:24:12 pm »

plsnoquote

sorry for doublepost

i just realized i have literally 0 nonvirtual friends

and the chances of making even one are slim to none

i feel so alone

plsnoquote
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 04:27:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #107238 on: September 01, 2016, 04:27:16 pm »

plsnoquote
Same thing.
I don't even really have family or anything.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #107239 on: September 01, 2016, 04:30:59 pm »

plsnoquote
Same thing.
I don't even really have family or anything.
* IronTomato joins the club

* IronTomato hugs the hugger

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107240 on: September 01, 2016, 04:35:17 pm »

thanks

i appreciate it
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107241 on: September 01, 2016, 05:17:58 pm »

I don't either. At least not ones on the same continent as me.

Then again I'm a depressive introvert with occasional misanthropic tendencies, so I mostly don't care.

Also, I am amused that I was considered profound earlier :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107242 on: September 01, 2016, 05:19:31 pm »

I discovered I forgot a half-dozen or so potatoes from a month or so ago in my pots and pans drawer.  How?  I learned this when the bag burst, sending mysterious and rancid brown goop down the front of my cabinet.  Puzzled by the odd hint of an odor and brown residue when I came in to prepare food, I made the mistake of opening the drawer right in front of my face.  My kitchen is now thoroughly scrubbed down, the drawers and cabinet tops covered in enough baking soda to blow up Mt. Rainier, and my stomach is simultaneously demanding food to sate its hunger and absolutely demanding I don't go anywhere near food until the stink gets out of my nose. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107243 on: September 01, 2016, 05:32:37 pm »

I made a thread for my friendlessness woes in Life Advice.
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107244 on: September 01, 2016, 06:38:26 pm »

It's not unreasonable for all your friend to be online.
I'm 30, and I left my home triangle area almost 5 years ago.  I don't have any nonwork friends here.  But my friends from before (who I saw literally a handful of times, or in some cases never) have stayed my online friends for all this time, and then some.

Friendship is having a close relationship with someone.  That's really it.  It's easier than ever to be platonically intimate over a long distance.

Seeing the person in person once might *help*, but it's by no means a requirement.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107245 on: September 01, 2016, 06:42:33 pm »

All the same, I do feel a bit...Disconnected from things, y'know?  Only really having friends literally only from B12 strikes me as...Something I wouldn't want to build a life around.
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #107246 on: September 01, 2016, 07:26:20 pm »

Youtube's new Terms and Conditions.

Of all stupid shit I have witnessed Youtube do in my lifetime this is probably the stupidest.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6162278?hl=en

Frankly, it smacks of wanting to woo other corporations by saying "Don't worry, we can dictate what our top content produces make to ensure they won't harm your brand by association"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107247 on: September 01, 2016, 08:28:31 pm »

TheBiggerFish: Have you tried holding a conversation with a stranger? What assumptions do you make about people you meet offline?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107248 on: September 01, 2016, 08:42:40 pm »

Please do not quote:

If anyone wants another reason to never say anything linked back to you online no matter how remote:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ex-subway-pitchman-jared-fogle-211831528.html

Former Subway Pitchman, Jared Fogle pled guilty to some very bad crimes against children. He is now suing the parents of one of his victims, basically trying to deflect the blame for this young girl's trauma any way he can. It may or may not be a stretch (I am inclined to believe it is). I hope he doesn't win it (I am inclined to believe he won't win). Basically his case is he met some screwed up female minor and decided to make her life even worse so that means he somehow gets money? Wow.

That's not the point.... They still have to deal with this mess.

The point is he's making the family's life that much more miserable and subjecting them to discovery where everything will be sifted through that he can get his mitts on. This is a man who has been sentenced to about 16 years in prison for crimes against children.... He's reaching for anything to strike at their families one more time (or as many times as he can). He'll be trying to dig into their divorce, and any health problems any of them have had.

It's horrible.

This Jared guy basically had it made; all he had to do was look good for a camera and say a few lines to become immensely rich. He couldn't behave himself and avoid hurting others. [sigh]. Whole situation is a waste and a dead-weight loss. Nobody wins. Everyone looses. And the cycle of travesty continues....

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:45:09 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107249 on: September 01, 2016, 09:02:44 pm »

Why do spokespeople turn out bad so often? Is it scrutiny which reveals hidden traits?

Pages: 1 ... 7148 7149 [7150] 7151 7152 ... 8167