Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7083 7084 [7085] 7086 7087 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9425470 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106260 on: July 22, 2016, 12:17:20 am »

*hugpats Tawa*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106261 on: July 22, 2016, 12:24:29 am »

kind of meaningless
TBF doesn't make meaningful posts, how else do you think he does so many
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #106262 on: July 22, 2016, 12:43:15 am »

*much hugpats*
Man, I don't mean any offense, but honestly just coming in and saying "hugs everyone" every now and then is kind of meaningless. It's like contests for little kids where everybody gets a medal just for being there.

I appreciate the effort, but honestly it's hard to tell if you've even read the posts or feel any sympathy for the people you're 'hugging'.

I think it takes a certain bravery to do this, knowing that your posts will likely be viewed this way by many.  It beats my approach -- glancing in here once in a while and saying nothing because I can't usually think of anything very insightful to say, and knowing it will be awkward to offer anything less... Eventually leading to most thread visits being when I only have a sad of my own to report.  Which means that if I assume everyone else is approaching it the same way I do, I'm only casting my sorrows into an empty void of neglection.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106263 on: July 22, 2016, 12:49:54 am »

Yeah like... I don't mind that people see it that way, but TBF's posts helped me a lot.  I guess because I'm not usually looking to start a discussion or anything, just sharing.  Seeing an acknowledgement shouldn't be necessary, I know most people read and don't reply, but it still feels good.  Humans are weird that way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106264 on: July 22, 2016, 12:52:06 am »

I don't say much either because it kind of annoy me when people just dismiss my advice. :v
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106265 on: July 22, 2016, 12:53:28 am »

*much hugpats*

Man, I don't mean any offense, but honestly just coming in and saying "hugs everyone" every now and then is kind of meaningless.
It's like contests for little kids where everybody gets a medal just for being there.

I appreciate the effort, but honestly it's hard to tell if you've even read the posts or feel any sympathy for the people you're 'hugging'. Arguably, it implies that you haven't and don't, although I know you well enough to know that you have and do (or at the very least on the latter.)

Sorry if I come across as a little confrontational, by the way; proofreading my post suggests overtones of anger, but I can't think of a better way to get my point across. :v

E: changed phrasing to scale down confrontational tone
Poking across the wording--what Tawa means is how many times you do such. :P The usual idea is 'you don't need to do this everytime you notice someone being down--the instance of knowing that others are there for you is OK enough'; it goes along the idea of one's consecutive reputation or something along that line. Repeating the same thing in monotony, although depending on the context, may come across as meaningless due to how its used the same. You can however word these differently, and with the right timing. (eg You can also use PMs! :D)
kind of meaningless
He does. The posts he makes have meaning within them--however it may not look meaningful to others. It's a thing with communication and how words are parsed with both emotion and analytics.
Sarcasm like this doesn't help, IMO. :P You could help TBF out more by teaching him more things to say; friend advice/constructive criticism and stuff.
SalmonGod has a good point however--one can see the effort behind the motive, albeit even if the presentation may seem 'stale' or what have you. It means that TBF does care--much like many of the people here who read the posts silently and feel for the people in their current state. He shows it in his way. You could help him by giving him suggestions. :)

E: PPEx2
I don't say much either because it kind of annoy me when people just dismiss my advice. :v
Nobody directly dismissed it. :P Please do remember that the absence of acknowledgement does not mean outright dismissal, in this context. People do remember and can recall what and when you have tried.

Don't take it so negatively. :P It'll affect ya. How you observe things matters.

@greatorder: I rather feel sad/disappointed rather than anger, actually o_O It's the case of 'this feels normal for me because that's all I've felt'.

Sad: Tired + stressed = me flailing with words and typing. o_o
I now notice I mistype things as other similar sounding things! :D

But it's that I've a ton of PMs to still address and lacking time to do so :X Hopeful that the senders are ok with waiting a few more days.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:09:02 am by Tiruin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106266 on: July 22, 2016, 12:56:21 am »

Well they do acknowledge it.

"Yes I see your point but your advice is terrible and not compatible with my situation. Also you're useless and terrible and my life is shit and I can't fix anything boo hoo"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106267 on: July 22, 2016, 01:17:49 am »

I think that's where you could notice where those words are coming from. :)
*bop da sarcynicism*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106268 on: July 22, 2016, 02:26:01 am »

Stress

STRESS

Frustration

STRESSSSSSAAAAHHHHHH

...Ahem. Sorry about that.
* Yoink goes back to breaking things.

Edit: I thought my day/night was about to get better, but it just got worse instead.
I can think of plenty of things to blame other than myself, but I think deep down I just suck at life.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:53:38 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106269 on: July 22, 2016, 06:48:31 am »

Psh, you can't possible suck more at life than me, i'd be content sitting in this cave until the end of my days. :v

"Yes I see your point but your advice is terrible and not compatible with my situation. Also you're useless and terrible and my life is shit and I can't fix anything boo hoo"
bro

you are putting so many words into so many peoples mouthes that you sadden the Shook

Besides, it's not like you haven't ever let a piece of advice go unanswered (quite frankly it seems like you do that a lot when the advice gets a bit uncomfortable), or even quietly dismissed it. Does that make you a bad person? Not really. Listening to advice is of course a wise thing to do, but sometimes you may already have tried that, or maybe it's impossible given your situation, or whatever. Same thing goes for everyone else.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106270 on: July 22, 2016, 07:08:06 am »

*much hugpats*
Man, I don't mean any offense, but honestly just coming in and saying "hugs everyone" every now and then is kind of meaningless. It's like contests for little kids where everybody gets a medal just for being there.

I appreciate the effort, but honestly it's hard to tell if you've even read the posts or feel any sympathy for the people you're 'hugging'. Arguably, it implies that you haven't and don't, although I know you well enough to know that you have and do (or at the very least on the latter.)

Sorry if I come across as a little confrontational, by the way; proofreading my post suggests overtones of anger, but I can't think of a better way to get my point across. :v

E: changed phrasing to scale down confrontational tone
I get your point, I guess.  But yeah, sometimes I don't know what to say, or I don't have time to make the megaposts I probably could (for instance re:OW I'm kind of indignant that they think they can do that and/or about to start diving into the law on the subject just to do...Something, or something.)
And sometimes there's no advice to give, so that's...Yeah.

It has become sort of...Meaninglessly formulaic as of late, though.  But it does help some people, so I guess that's good?  Nevertheless.  I should really do more.

@CINDER!!!!!!!!!:

"Yes I see your point and your advice is good and compatible with my situation. Also you're helpful and awesome and my life is shit but I can fix it"
Ahem.  FTFY.

*hugpats Yoink*
Hope whatever it is gets better, dude.
And no, you don't suck at life.

kind of meaningless
OW.  No shitposting in the Sad Thread.  *bap*

Also @Tiruin:You continue to be an awesome person.  Just for the record.  Like, seriously.

@Shook: *mouths not mouthes, but if I hadn't already typed up my response, I'd just steal yours and change the name on it...

@TMS:  :(
*hugpats*
Some days are just, you need a break, y'know?  So take a break, come back tomorrow, feel better, I hope.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #106271 on: July 22, 2016, 07:16:06 am »

Stress

STRESS

Frustration

STRESSSSSSAAAAHHHHHH

...Ahem. Sorry about that.
* Yoink goes back to breaking things.

Edit: I thought my day/night was about to get better, but it just got worse instead.
I can think of plenty of things to blame other than myself, but I think deep down I just suck at life.
I thought that everyone sucks at life, you probably get better at it as time goes on though.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106272 on: July 22, 2016, 09:29:10 am »

That is unless you die, then you're probably not very good at living unless you turn out to be Jesus Christ or Orcus.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #106273 on: July 22, 2016, 10:30:45 am »

*much hugpats*

I agree with this.

Honestly I thought I was the only one who had this line of thought about the hug thing, but I was afraid to ever bring it up because I was afraid I'd look like an ass.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106274 on: July 22, 2016, 11:28:24 am »

I get your point, I guess.  But yeah, sometimes I don't know what to say, or I don't have time to make the megaposts I probably could (for instance re:OW I'm kind of indignant that they think they can do that and/or about to start diving into the law on the subject just to do...Something, or something.)
And sometimes there's no advice to give, so that's...Yeah.

It has become sort of...Meaninglessly formulaic as of late, though.  But it does help some people, so I guess that's good?  Nevertheless.  I should really do more.
Alright. I know you want to help, and I know that it's helping people, but... I don't know, it just seems so empty like that. Again, sorry if I seemed kind of pissy, it was 1:30 in the morning :v I definitely sympathize with you on the not knowing what to say bit, though, that's why I almost never post in this thread.

Maybe you could namedrop the people who have posted sads? You don't have to make a megapost, but it shows that you specifically care about their issues.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 7083 7084 [7085] 7086 7087 ... 8167