Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7081 7082 [7083] 7084 7085 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422462 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106230 on: July 21, 2016, 07:33:17 pm »

I don't know how to express my frustration at my mediocrity.
Make yourself less mediocre, usually is the plan.

Fulfilling goals you set for yourself is also a solid approach, but for people like me whose goals are basically the Kingdom of God on Earth it gets a bit more difficult.

I'm about to go pursue higher education in Germany. Yet, why do I still feel so stagnant?
Because Hollywood, shows and games constantly tell you life is gonna be excitement and such at every turn?
What is drama but life with all the boring bits cut out
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106231 on: July 21, 2016, 07:33:42 pm »

So. Another person I know--great-uncle, I believe--is going to die. He's not dead yet, but might as well be.

I... I barely got to know him. I've only met him twice. Our family was going to go down and visit him and his wife this summer.

He was a good man. :(
I know we had a heated disagreement, would you like to talk?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106232 on: July 21, 2016, 07:38:55 pm »

So. Another person I know--great-uncle, I believe--is going to die. He's not dead yet, but might as well be.

I... I barely got to know him. I've only met him twice. Our family was going to go down and visit him and his wife this summer.

I know we had a heated disagreement, would you like to talk?
Do you mean the thing where I said "dude stop" when you necro'd your second thread in a day? Sorry about that, I was just kind of irritated that you'd necro'd two threads in one day :v

But anyway, nah, it's alright. I waited until I'd sufficiently come to terms with the loss before I posted.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106233 on: July 21, 2016, 07:41:04 pm »

I'm about to go pursue higher education in Germany. Yet, why do I still feel so stagnant?
Because Hollywood, shows and games constantly tell you life is gonna be excitement and such at every turn?

I'm happy with stagnancy, so long as I stagnate in a position where I'm happy.

My personal philosophy is that moving up in the world isn't necessary, but simply leading a happy life is.

You, sir, have my respect.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106234 on: July 21, 2016, 07:48:04 pm »

I don't know how to fix this. I hope good things happen.

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106235 on: July 21, 2016, 07:51:27 pm »

My personal philosophy is that moving up in the world isn't necessary, but simply leading a happy life is.
I am not happy in my position. The resson I keep going is for the hope that one day people will adore me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106236 on: July 21, 2016, 07:56:16 pm »

Aim for it, then. Aim for what'll make you happy. So long as it's not... y'know, going on a murder spree or something. Because that'll make a lot of people sad.
I don't think people adore murderers. Unless it's Hannibal Lector. And I'm not fictional, nor do I like eating any human meat unless you count fellatio.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:41:27 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106237 on: July 21, 2016, 07:58:30 pm »

I am not happy in my position. The resson I keep going is for the hope that one day people will adore me.
Well there's your problem. Deriving your own value from how you perceive others as perceiving you is never going to make you happy, because you're always going to perceive their perceptions as negative.

Quite frankly, you're the only person's perception that matters to you. Everyone else can fuck off, with the odd exception.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106238 on: July 21, 2016, 07:59:06 pm »

Well there's your problem. Deriving your own value from how you perceive others as perceiving you is never going to make you happy, because you're always going to perceive their perceptions as negative.

Quite frankly, you're the only person's perception that matters to you. Everyone else can fuck off, with the odd exception.
External locus of satisfaction my man.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106239 on: July 21, 2016, 08:00:47 pm »

External locus of satisfaction my man.
Means an external locus of control. Everybody's different, so everyone will need a different thing from you for their adoration.

That sounds fucking exhausting.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106240 on: July 21, 2016, 08:06:42 pm »

This just breaks my heart: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/21/fla-police-shoot-black-man-with-his-hands-up-as-he-tries-to-help-autistic-patient/

A black behavioral therapist is shot (non-lethally) by police responding to his patient wandering out of the hospital, after trying to explain the situation and lying on the ground with his hands up. They then arrested him. Afterwards, they said they were trying to hit the patient.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106241 on: July 21, 2016, 08:09:32 pm »

Big surprise.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106242 on: July 21, 2016, 08:12:42 pm »

This just breaks my heart: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/21/fla-police-shoot-black-man-with-his-hands-up-as-he-tries-to-help-autistic-patient/

A black behavioral therapist is shot (non-lethally) by police responding to his patient wandering out of the hospital, after trying to explain the situation and lying on the ground with his hands up. They then arrested him. Afterwards, they said they were trying to hit the patient.
>:(

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106243 on: July 21, 2016, 08:18:02 pm »

It's hard to not be jaded about things like this...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106244 on: July 21, 2016, 08:41:40 pm »

Aim for it, then. Aim for what'll make you happy. So long as it's not... y'know, going on a murder spree or something. Because that'll make a lot of people sad.
I don't think people adore murderers. Unless it's Hannibal Lector. And I'm not fictional, nor do I like eating any human meat apart from penises.
:3c
Pages: 1 ... 7081 7082 [7083] 7084 7085 ... 8167