Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7074 7075 [7076] 7077 7078 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428257 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106125 on: July 17, 2016, 06:43:51 am »

I'd like some advice. I'd been attending some classes at a local community college. I'm honestly dissatisfied with the classes so far, they feel like a waste of time and an irritation in my schedule that could be better allotted to some other task. Should I just scrap the idea and drop?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106126 on: July 17, 2016, 07:17:48 am »

*hugpats everybody*

Joshua:I would say to definitely continue going, but I'm not you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106127 on: July 17, 2016, 07:46:26 am »

The answer depends.

Do you have a clear idea of what you'd do instead? What would the costs be?
How long have you been taking the classes, and how long until they're done?
Why do you dislike the classes? What makes them a waste of time - are they too difficult? Too easy? Something you're not interested in? Why did you take them to begin with?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106128 on: July 17, 2016, 08:03:35 am »

I'd like some advice. I'd been attending some classes at a local community college. I'm honestly dissatisfied with the classes so far, they feel like a waste of time and an irritation in my schedule that could be better allotted to some other task. Should I just scrap the idea and drop?
Depends on your goal I suppose. If you are taking the classes to learn something for your own personal development, and you feel you're learning nothing new, yeah, you could just as well drop.

If you are taking the classes to get some paper that formally acknowledges your knowledge, regardless of whether you're learning something new, I'd stick with it, it might be boring, but you'll probably easily get that paper to add to your CV
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106129 on: July 17, 2016, 08:50:19 am »

I suppose it was unfair of me to ask for advice, because doing so implies that I was on the fence, when in reality I had pretty much already made up my mind, and just wanted someone else's confirmation. That confirmation to help me disentangle the emotional entanglement that I entangle myself with in every commitment, no matter how large or small. I apologize for my disingenuousness. I'll just drop the class now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106130 on: July 17, 2016, 10:32:15 am »

*hugpats*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106131 on: July 17, 2016, 02:09:51 pm »

I just feel woefully underequipped to deal with all the responsibilities of life.

Especially when I have two people that I care very much about depending on me.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106132 on: July 18, 2016, 02:48:17 am »

Why is everything about me so awful.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #106133 on: July 18, 2016, 03:59:26 am »

You're no more awful than literally any other human being.  Everyone at their core is a messy mix of bastardy and beauty.  Anything else is just vagaries of circumstance. 

Nobody thinks you're awful Cinder. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106134 on: July 18, 2016, 04:33:13 am »

What response would you like to that rhetorical question? Others have said that you aren't worthless, have you been listening?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106135 on: July 18, 2016, 04:38:08 am »

What response would you like to that rhetorical question? Others have said that you aren't worthless, have you been listening?
Of course, and I immediately took that as face value, hence obliviating my disappointment at myself, because hey, at least I'm average, right? No need to be better than that, surely. I should be fine being uninteresting.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106136 on: July 18, 2016, 04:50:34 am »

Of course, and I immediately took that as face value, hence obliviating my disappointment at myself, because hey, at least I'm average, right? No need to be better than that, surely. I should be fine being uninteresting.
What artforms are you studying?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106137 on: July 18, 2016, 05:05:12 am »

You also seem to forget our discussion on that perception of 'average', where you see average as 'not worthwhile' and have already made a conclusion on a vague exact.
One's perception also affects how one feels, if the perception is about themselves--described, and especially with how you begin seeing yourself in that manner.
What matters is what you think; no matter what we say, if these aren't taken at the same level you adjust your own self-perception, it won't help or matter much in that context.
I'd really love to challenge why you think average is something detrimental. What is your description of average, anyway?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106138 on: July 18, 2016, 05:13:51 am »

Average is pretty decent tbh
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106139 on: July 18, 2016, 05:31:21 am »

as a violently (sub-)average person in many aspects i am almost offended that you would consider averageness to be a negative

If you want to be interesting, do something out of the ordinary. This world judges people by their actions, not by how much they feel like they deserve recognition or however interesting they may be on the inside (alas), because your actions are what other people see. I refer you to Shia LeBeouf, even though i'm terrible at DOING IT myself. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 7074 7075 [7076] 7077 7078 ... 8167