Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7069 7070 [7071] 7072 7073 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432039 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106050 on: July 13, 2016, 10:42:29 am »

quality post full of high-quality quality

It's basically our version of Godwin's law.

Really? I kinda like our shitposters. LW and OW specifically. They're kinda intelligent, probably...

you still get that whenever i complain the word "cringe" being used in an emotive context as it is everywhere else on the internet then get shot down and called various synonyms for "belligerent" for not treating bay12 like a sooper speshul place where nobody ever makes fun of anyone

'ave you been everywhere else on the internet? I rest my case.

Places be different, bro. You were belligerent 'cause you just ignored everyone suggesting you might be wrong and carried on with "dudes, this other place I go does it, why don't you!?" not because we disagreed with you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106051 on: July 13, 2016, 01:03:05 pm »

the context is literally just "cringe" in every case where that's happened
I think you've been staring into the abyss too long

Is anybody else sick and tired of the phrase "shitpost"? It might just be me but it feels like GD just kind of started to go downhill around the time that word started popping up.
I agree. Except on the issue of the timetable. It's been going lowerer (though not steadily) for quite some time. The shitposting, both the talk of it and the actual posts themselves, is just another consequence of this.

And by the way, I by no means claim to not be part of this slope myself too.
I don't really see GD going downhill. We've always had dumb memes and worthless contributions, only difference now is that we've got a word for it.
Certainly there's a culture shift as old members leave and new members join, but I can't say it's a negative. We still have serious discussions. We still have stupid and irrelevant discussions. The average post quality is the same as it ever was, as far as I can tell.
The big thing I was thinking of is that before people started using said term, we didn't have threads spiraling into a trainwreck of dank maymay shit, which now happens every time that word pops up.

Nostalgia is probably part of what I said, but... I don't know. Something about the forum just seems off these days.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106052 on: July 13, 2016, 01:05:36 pm »

I know a couple of people who have left the forums for greener pastures. It's something I've contemplated myself, but then most forums I find are awful.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106053 on: July 13, 2016, 01:06:18 pm »

I know a couple of people who have left the forums for greener pastures. It's something I've contemplated myself, but then most forums I find are awful.
Details?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106054 on: July 13, 2016, 01:12:53 pm »

we didn't have threads spiraling into a trainwreck of dank maymay shit

This simply isn't true in the slightest.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106055 on: July 13, 2016, 01:22:48 pm »

we didn't have threads spiraling into a trainwreck of dank maymay shit

This simply isn't true in the slightest.
I didn't mean "trainwreck of memes", I meant "trainwreck of dank maymay crap". You know, the really stupid kind of meme that showed up on Reddit around the time that term popularized over there?

But, uh. I suppose my phrasing was unclear. I'm not quite sure how to get my point across any other way, though.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #106056 on: July 13, 2016, 02:37:25 pm »

Yeah, we've lost most of the more down to earth board members over time. Really makes me sad. I don't come here near as much as I use to thanks to the amount of shitposting and increase in arguments being done in bad faith. I might be forgetting the specific term for that last part.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:39:17 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106057 on: July 13, 2016, 04:52:36 pm »

my outdated phone cant install pokemon go. tis a sad day indeed.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106058 on: July 13, 2016, 04:53:48 pm »

you're not alone :c

Curse your inability to support iOS 8, iPod 4! May you be sold for scrap at the first opportunity!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106059 on: July 13, 2016, 04:54:27 pm »

*hugpats*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106060 on: July 13, 2016, 06:23:17 pm »

you still get that whenever i complain the word "cringe" being used in an emotive context as it is everywhere else on the internet then get shot down and called various synonyms for "belligerent" for not treating bay12 like a sooper speshul place where nobody ever makes fun of anyone

'ave you been everywhere else on the internet? I rest my case.

Places be different, bro. You were belligerent 'cause you just ignored everyone suggesting you might be wrong and carried on with "dudes, this other place I go does it, why don't you!?" not because we disagreed with you.

No, the immediate reply was "I have never seen it used in any other way", which is the general sentiment there, which also happens to be exactly my argument throughout that conversation but with a different definition, which of course means that I'm wrong because my experience is completely invalid.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106061 on: July 13, 2016, 06:28:52 pm »

We don't even have it in Denmark yet.

:<

But that is not why i'm here. Most of you can probably guess why i'm here if you've been paying attention to the relative frequency of specific sads for me. My bowels are unusually cranky, to the point where i'm not sure if it's just cranky bowels or something worse. That uncertainty worsens it A LOT. I've damn near developed full on emetophobia, and anxiety does bad things to my stomach, so it's quite possible for minor nausea (which i get relatively frequently) to spiral out into violent vomiting if i don't keep my nerves in check. Now, don't take what i'm about to say the wrong way, but sometimes i just... Kind of don't want to be alive. I am NOT suicidal, mind you (still quite far away from that), i'd just dearly love to have a break from the constant bowel problems and overgeared nerves, one that's longer than a nights sleep. Alas, no such thing in sight. :-\
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106062 on: July 13, 2016, 06:33:28 pm »

I don't think Bay12 is getting worse, I just think the regulars (me included) are just becoming cranky assholes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106063 on: July 13, 2016, 06:35:00 pm »

Calm yourselves, please.

@Shook: *hugpats*  I wish you good luck with finding a fix.

I don't think Bay12 is getting worse, I just think the regulars (me included) are just becoming cranky assholes.
No, you are not a cranky asshole.  Although some people may have.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106064 on: July 13, 2016, 06:36:22 pm »

You might want to check whether Cyanogenmod supports Marshmallow on your device.  Oftentimes new Android versions aren't "supported" by phone manufacturers, but work perfectly well.  Installing Cyanogenmod can be a bit tricky though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7069 7070 [7071] 7072 7073 ... 8167