Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7060 7061 [7062] 7063 7064 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439360 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105915 on: July 06, 2016, 08:17:24 pm »

It may well be Jobseeker Support bothering him. Unemployment benefits generally hinge on actively searching for a job, ostensibly so people don't just live on it forever. Not that unemployment benefits are by any means livable, mind you.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105916 on: July 06, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »

It may well be Jobseeker Support bothering him. Unemployment benefits generally hinge on actively searching for a job, ostensibly so people don't just live on it forever. Not that unemployment benefits are by any means livable, mind you.

+1

Also, insomnia: pills are not a good idea. Work wonders in the short-term, but you eventually become tolerant.

Sleep hygiene is the way, min, and a bit of discipline. Getting up at the same time every morning will eventually kick your body clock into some semblance of order, so then you start getting tired around the same time at night.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105917 on: July 06, 2016, 09:05:01 pm »

What I meant is that the common person can't just, you know, up and have a good sleep pattern. I used pills to establish my sleep hygiene, then I stuck with it.

Though since I'm flying to Germany soon jet lag might undo my work.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105918 on: July 06, 2016, 09:53:18 pm »

I just got up at 2 p.m., does that count as hygienic?

Yeah, this. I got a particularly aggravating phone call before posting that.

I swear people in employment services don't even think you're a human being. It's very depressing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105919 on: July 06, 2016, 10:34:09 pm »

*hugpats OW*

Also, good question.

Is sleeping from 3 AM to 12 noon 'hygenic'?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #105920 on: July 06, 2016, 11:27:54 pm »

I just slept from 11 PM till 5 AM, and can't get back to sleep. Ah well, at least I'll get half the day's work done by breakfast...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105921 on: July 07, 2016, 05:02:48 pm »

So long as y'all are getting enough sleep to not be tired all day and not so much you can't get to sleep the following sleep period, I imagine it's "hygienic".
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105922 on: July 07, 2016, 05:13:54 pm »

I just slept from 11 AM till 5 PM and ruined my internal clock. Then again I have insomnia so I wasn't getting any sleep during the night anyway, so w/e.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105923 on: July 07, 2016, 06:57:46 pm »

Bleh yeah.  I usually sleep from 2AM to 9 which works pretty well, but last week was crazy.
And this week was better, until yesterday.
Last night I slept from 5AM to 9, 10AM to 12, then 1PM to 2.  7 hours, can't complain!  yeah that's how that works

Almost surprised I was able to sleep since the 9AM thing was... Our team might need new jobs in 2-3 months.  Nothing I did wrong, just corporate stuff.
It's not the end of the world or anything, I'll finish my degree and should theoretically be able to find similar work.  And we don't know anything for certain yet.  It's just scary, is all, and a massive hit right in the source of my self-confidence.
Had this job for almost 8 years now...  It'll look good on a resume anyway.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105924 on: July 07, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »

*hugpats Rolan7*
Good luck.

In unrelated news.

....Dallas, too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:42:35 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Events and people that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105925 on: July 08, 2016, 02:31:10 am »

Rekia Boyd
Dante Servin
Alton Sterling
Philando Castile
Racism
Imperial ambition
The police fear of the public
The public fear the police
The public fears itself
The police fear the police
The gob=vernment fears the public
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105926 on: July 08, 2016, 05:52:02 am »

Rekia Boyd
Dante Servin
Alton Sterling
Philando Castile
Racism
Imperial ambition
The police fear of the public
The public fear the police
The public fears itself
The police fear the police
The gob=vernment fears the public

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105927 on: July 08, 2016, 12:11:37 pm »

He's black so he'll be killed by la polizia.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #105928 on: July 08, 2016, 01:47:25 pm »

My entire FB feed is full of tragedy.  There were two more videos of police killing black men in the space of two days, and then (I think in the same week) sniper attacks on police during a peaceful blacklivesmatter protest.  It hasn't even been been a month since Orlando.  I'm just not in a place to deal with this right now, too much of this BS in too short a period of time.  It makes me want to shut myself off from the world and the news.

3 years ago I remember looking out from the front door of my dorm and seeing people with military weapons walking around on the Boston Common.  All my friends were freaking out because the news had played direct footage of the bombs going off at the marathon less than a mile away.

A few weeks ago I was scrolling through my FB feed and someone had shared security footage of people running away from a bomb detonation in a subway.  And I did not need to see that.  Its just like... every week, someone I know in meatspace is like "have you heard of the ____ shooting/terrorist attack?"  It just gets fucking exhausting.

I keep telling myself the world has always been violent and Americans have always been killing each other and its just more televised now.  But... I dunno, maybe things have gotten worse in a concrete way.  It feels worse.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105929 on: July 08, 2016, 01:50:31 pm »

Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7060 7061 [7062] 7063 7064 ... 8167