Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7028 7029 [7030] 7031 7032 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456636 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105435 on: June 12, 2016, 07:32:42 pm »

I just gave Moses as a fly away example. Said Christian wouldn't be putting Moses above Jesus, rather he would be evaluating the texts supposedly inspired by God on at least the same footing as the ones supposedly inspired by Jesus' words/works. And given God is Jesus and Jesus is God....

We really need a book for the Holy Spirit so he doesn't feel left out :P
Exams. Two of them. Tomorrow. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do well. If only, you know, because you're so terrified that your brain will definitely have dibs on blood supply.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105436 on: June 12, 2016, 07:40:33 pm »

I just gave Moses as a fly away example. Said Christian wouldn't be putting Moses above Jesus, rather he would be evaluating the texts supposedly inspired by God on at least the same footing as the ones supposedly inspired by Jesus' words/works. And given God is Jesus and Jesus is God....
Eh. Obviously I'm biased, but I'd have a hard time calling someone who takes OT law over NT law a Christian. They might be, technically, but Mormons are technically Christians, and I doubt many other groups would accept them as such.

We really need a book for the Holy Spirit so he doesn't feel left out :P
Depending on how you interpret things, we could be writing it right now.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105437 on: June 12, 2016, 07:48:09 pm »

I seem to be having real trouble sleeping for more than 4 hours at a time. I want to sleep more, I just wake up and can't get back to sleep. I'm worried I'll be sleep deprived when I need to do so much stuff for when I get off from work in the morning.
Ehh, could be some illness, sleep apnea, some psychological aspect, unsure. Try sleeping pills, changing the time you head to bed, different positions of sleep, different placement of pillows, the usual.

Exams. Two of them. Tomorrow. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Oh, I feel for you. Study hard, psych yourself up, bring a soda in if you can. There's nobody here who doesn't believe in you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #105438 on: June 12, 2016, 07:50:14 pm »

So long as they believe in Christ the saviour, their interpretation, so long as reasonably backed up, of the core texts (OT and NT) doesn't really matter. After all, it's all God's word.

And yes, you are biased. That's kind of the point - more moderate Muslims say the violent ones aren't true Muslims, but that's not true. Similarly, I've often heard catholics say Protestants aren't true Christians. Depends entirely upon interpretation.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105439 on: June 12, 2016, 08:46:19 pm »

I'm still not entirely sure why religion matters so much to people, but then again I'm just an incredibly offensive aethiest guy that doesn't understand anything :V
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105440 on: June 12, 2016, 10:06:47 pm »

Oh, I feel for you. Study hard, psych yourself up, bring a soda in if you can. There's nobody here who doesn't believe in you.
[/quote]
I'm sure there's one twat hiding here who thinks I'll fail. He may or may not be named Kingofstarryskies.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105441 on: June 12, 2016, 10:38:12 pm »

I'm still not entirely sure why religion matters so much to people, but then again I'm just an incredibly offensive aethiest guy that doesn't understand anything :V
Why does anything matter to people. If science is the only explanation then everything we've ever done is the result of an accidental chemical reaction in a universe that is otherwise seemingly hostile and senseless to life. Everything ever or will be done fades to nothingness in the infinite expanse of space-time and entropy. :v

Sads:

I keep meaning to try and do more exercise stuff to get fit. One easy option is to go running in the morning. I keep procrastinating on starting that; I never regularly "ran" for exercise before, I don't know what to wear or what the proper technique is, I'm afraid I'd look like a dumbass although this could be avoided by running early enough in the morning that there'd be few people out, etc.

It's just another example of me thinking to improve my life and then not doing anything about it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105442 on: June 13, 2016, 01:05:49 am »

@Spehss _:
When I run I wear pretty much anything, shorts, sweatpants, t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, sweaters, hoodies, jackets, baseball caps, large winter coats, jeans, ankle socks; point being that there aren't really standard running clothes unless you're in a competition. The most important things are to have comfortable footwear (or lack of if you're running somewhere indoors and devoid of foot cutting objects) and weather appropriate gear, although it's not the end of the world if you overdress, more weight = more fun, or underdress, body temperature increases with physical exertion.

As for technique, here are some things and miscellaneous tidbits that I can think off the top of my head:
-Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. I been told vice versa works as well too.
-Use your arms. There are many different ways to swing them, but it is generally good to have the hands pass by hip level at some point (or much of the time for some runners) during the swing.
-Stretch. Stretch at the end of a run. Stretch before a run. Stretch for other physical activities. In general stretching is good, just make sure not to stretch too much or you'll be overstretched. If you don't feel like stretching before the run, then starting of slowly to warm up. I personally don't stretch before running and sometimes after, but I been getting better as of late. This lack of stretching surprisingly doesn't leave me sore often, but does explain why I can't touch my toes (I was able to do it in 8th grade, then somehow lost it freshman year of high school, but now after five years I'm very close to reaching them again).
-Drink water regularly. What one consumed hours ago is what fuels their body now. Try to rehydrate after a workout.
-Ideal run plan: start off slow, gradually build up your pace, maintain a good clip, end with a slow pace, and then stretch.
-Listen to your body. Pushing yourself is important, but be careful not to overdo it.

I would like to write more running stuff, it's rather late in the night for me. Regarding running and public perception, you just got to run outside and push aside your fears. I once in while might get skittish and stay home and run circles in my backyard or avoid running down a street with people, but most of the time when I run out, I get to see my neighborhood, find new places, and push myself all while being unassailed. Taking the first step can be very hard mentally, but you have to push forward and do it. Once I took the first step doing something that worried me, I found the worries decrease with enough persistence and dedication. You just have to remind again and again, pick yourself up when you fall, and go forth.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #105443 on: June 13, 2016, 01:55:35 am »

Came into the office in the morning, and the server isn't booting. Great.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105444 on: June 13, 2016, 02:11:07 am »

*hugs everybody*

Look.  I know Orlando is bad.  But can we keep the religion and politics in their respective threads?  This is not the place.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #105445 on: June 13, 2016, 07:48:14 am »

Incidentally, despite the fact that the shooter didn't do this for religious reasons, there are apparently still people who use this tragedy to justify Islamophobia.  >:(

Quite the lovely cherry on top of fifty dead people, wouldn't you think?

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105446 on: June 13, 2016, 09:28:48 am »

Incidentally, despite the fact that the shooter didn't do this for religious reasons, there are apparently still people who use this tragedy to justify Islamophobia.  >:(

Not for religious reasons, wth?!? He familiarized himself with the IS for hecks sake.

Religious nuts are religious nuts no matter which religion. Islamophobia has its roots in events like these. What the fellows father has said in public doesnt help it either.

---

What made me sad: suddenly got pretty ill somehow, and was busy with work that now didnt progress at all today. Might need to work next weekend to catch up...

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105447 on: June 13, 2016, 09:38:30 am »

Nuts are nuts no matter what.
FTFY. Religious nuts just have an unfortunate tendency to be the more visible ones.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105448 on: June 13, 2016, 09:47:23 am »

Nuts are nuts no matter what.
FTFY. Religious nuts just have an unfortunate tendency to be the more visible ones.

Religious motives have been behind most life taking acts of terror(in the "West" at least) for a long while now. Unfortunately theres no sign of that changing...  ::)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105449 on: June 13, 2016, 09:56:58 am »

I see no reason to think that the guy couldn't have done it for religious reasons. Calling 911 to dedicate the attack to ISIS seems like a clear flag that he supported the IS' "religious reasons".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 7028 7029 [7030] 7031 7032 ... 8167