Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7027 7028 [7029] 7030 7031 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455375 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105420 on: June 12, 2016, 06:16:56 pm »

No, I'm not deriding Islam, any more than I was deriding Christianity with my first assumption. I'm angry about people who commit atrocities in the name of religion.
Religion just happens to be a convenient justification for atrocities, for some reason. I'm angry too, naturally, but I'm also just... stunned? Stupefied? Stumped? About why the value of someone's life can be reduced to nothing so easily with such little justification.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105421 on: June 12, 2016, 06:19:35 pm »

Never 5get religion of peace

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #105422 on: June 12, 2016, 06:22:48 pm »

I dislike it when people say that it's not true Islam. It is. A suicide bomber who is a Muslim is a Muslim - they're working off the same holy texts.

Yes, yes. Militant sect, don't judge entire religion on that, I know. The main problem is the cultural surroundings that religion has to work off. Combined with the violence in Islam's texts, this creates quite the bad atmosphere. But to say the calmer Muslims are the real ones whilst the others are violent pretenders doesn't add up either.

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105423 on: June 12, 2016, 06:28:21 pm »

Oh yeah, mass shooting against homosexuals in Florida.

Goddamn human lowlife, that shooter. I don't care what religion or race or whatever he belongs to, there's only one box that he should be in, and that's the one labelled "biological waste material" along with everyone else who thinks that it's okay to do things like that. Ugh. Being violently upset about it obviously isn't going to do anything, but dammit i really wish that we could live in a world where we didn't have to worry about nutjobs killing us for not confining to their stupid arbitrarily defined ideals. Many animal species have confirmed homosexuality (and more) too, so i dare say that an eventual creator of life probably doesn't give a shit.

In completely different news, i am in more pain than usual. My left shoulder is killing me despite having exercised it recently, my index finger extension tendons are sore (welp), my forearms sometimes hurt, the bottom of my right achilles tendon is sore and bowel gas is causing various degrees of pain as well. I feel like i'm doing something wrong here. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #105424 on: June 12, 2016, 06:31:13 pm »

RIP to the victims in Orlando and my deepest condolences to their families. 

God help us all.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105425 on: June 12, 2016, 06:33:03 pm »

There's generally less outcry against criminals who use Protestant Christianity or Islam as justification for their crimes because there's no one with actual authority to condemn them on behalf of their religion, and nobody for coreligionists to rally behind, because nobody rises up. Cultural, political, etc etc state in the area the bulk of Islam itself is toxic to the faith for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure can be realized. It's sorta like the Koran belt to the Bible belt that Protestant Christianity dominates, which also isn't exactly a healthy place, faithwise. I can't word that in such a way that conveys my point, but you can build a general idea of what I'm speaking about.

Then again, I'm just the kid here. Should probably stop sharing what little ideas I've formed of things, shut up, and learn.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105426 on: June 12, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »

... td1, you realize that several times that many people are killed in the U.S. per annum by Christians, yeah?  The folks that bomb abortion clinics or the gang member that goes to church on Sunday and goes to murder on monday are working off the same text too, but they're damn sure not christian by any heuristic most Christians would care to accept. Same sentiment, even if the particulars (more extremist support, et al) are somewhat different.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105427 on: June 12, 2016, 06:35:43 pm »

I dislike it when people say that it's not true Islam. It is. A suicide bomber who is a Muslim is a Muslim - they're working off the same holy texts.

Yes, yes. Militant sect, don't judge entire religion on that, I know. The main problem is the cultural surroundings that religion has to work off. Combined with the violence in Islam's texts, this creates quite the bad atmosphere. But to say the calmer Muslims are the real ones whilst the others are violent pretenders doesn't add up either.
Eh. I'm partially inclined to disagree, but I don't actually know enough about Islam to make a call.

With Christianity, at least, I can absolutely say that violent Christians (or at least those who do it in the name of God) are false/bad Christians. Jesus' number one thing was love, compassion, tolerance, and so on. Not killing. Never killing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105428 on: June 12, 2016, 06:38:54 pm »

Jesus' teaching? Fairly good, sometimes based on Hannurabi. God's teaching? Not so much. Plenty of deplorable messages to be picked up in the Old Testament. If a Christian decided to believe Christ was the saviour, but also believe the Old Testament, as the older of the texts, had more divine truth as it was, for example, written by Moses (Which it wasn't, btw, but it's a fairly popular Jewish belief) then he would remain a Christian - I assume.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105429 on: June 12, 2016, 06:47:10 pm »

If a Christian decided to believe Christ was the saviour, but also believe the Old Testament, as the older of the texts, had more divine truth as it was, for example, written by Moses (Which it wasn't, btw, but it's a fairly popular Jewish belief) then he would remain a Christian - I assume.
He'd be a pretty crappy one. Christian means follower of Christ, not follower of Moses. Many sects (including mine) would say that's solid ground for excommunication.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #105430 on: June 12, 2016, 06:52:24 pm »

The entire reason most Jews reject Christ as the messiah is that he taught that you don't have to be a Jew bound to the Jewish law to become a Christian. 
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105431 on: June 12, 2016, 06:56:36 pm »

I seem to be having real trouble sleeping for more than 4 hours at a time. I want to sleep more, I just wake up and can't get back to sleep. I'm worried I'll be sleep deprived when I need to do so much stuff for when I get off from work in the morning.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105432 on: June 12, 2016, 07:17:43 pm »

If a Christian decided to believe Christ was the saviour, but also believe the Old Testament, as the older of the texts, had more divine truth as it was, for example, written by Moses (Which it wasn't, btw, but it's a fairly popular Jewish belief) then he would remain a Christian - I assume.
He'd be a pretty crappy one. Christian means follower of Christ, not follower of Moses. Many sects (including mine) would say that's solid ground for excommunication.

A Christian is one who believes in Christ as the saviour. You can still do that and favour Old Testament teachings.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105433 on: June 12, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »

In most cases that'd just be a heretic. If Moses > Jesus then you're not really following Christ.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105434 on: June 12, 2016, 07:29:00 pm »

Exams. Two of them. Tomorrow. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 7027 7028 [7029] 7030 7031 ... 8167