Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6994 6995 [6996] 6997 6998 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434089 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104925 on: May 14, 2016, 01:03:25 pm »

I got enough Fs in highschool that I never got my diploma.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104926 on: May 14, 2016, 01:04:18 pm »

Echoing the hugs for all comment.

@DigitalDemon, you just made two people happier. You did that, why would you feel bad because of that? And why would you be a third wheel, you're still friends with both, you can still hang out and talk like you did, except now they'll hang out more besides that I guess, which shouldn't have any bearing on your happiness really.

Anyways, my sad, I'm really itching to get drunk as fuck tonight, no particular reason, I just want to shut down like an idiot. But if I do that then all those ideas I've had this morning will be wasted/forgotten because I'll be too drunk to paint them :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104927 on: May 14, 2016, 01:52:00 pm »

It's not that I'm incredibly ashamed or anything, it's that my parents expect perfect grades all the time. Although it still bugs me a little.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #104928 on: May 14, 2016, 03:19:36 pm »

Well, we talked some more last night and had a lengthy and detaild conversation about my serious depression, the fact that I can'tseem to be happy for more than a week, the fact that K'm probably cursed to be the really-good-friend who doesnt ever become happy themselves, purely because they're worried about other people too much. And then when I try to do things just for me, I feel like a selfish asshole, and beat myself up about it. And I beat myself up for feeling depressed, because there's plenty of people worse off in the world than me. Thanks Mum, for embedding that so far into my mind that it's now a leading cause of my depression! And we talked about how my mum is tired of be7ng a parent, and how I'm the youngest, so I get the shitty end of the stick. We also talked about how, apparently there's girls that will be interested in a lesbian, transwoman, lazy slob who does jack-shit all day, sitting on her computer, and who's main passion is game design. I told her it was her that I liked, and she apologised, but I said it wasn't her fault. And it wasn't. I just defelop feelings for people too quickly. My mind is just a fucking twisted piece of shit, and the only way I can change anything is by 'waiting' as everyone says. Always fucking waiting for the next thing to happen. Always. Fucking. Waiting. But is waiting really worth it? Not that I'd be able to kill myself if I tried. I've almost tried twice now, but I'm too lazy to do even that.

LIFE IS JUST FUCKING GREAT
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104929 on: May 14, 2016, 03:35:34 pm »

*starts hugpile for DigitalDemon*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104930 on: May 14, 2016, 03:48:39 pm »

Yeah note to self:  This is one of those posts I should delete later.

You're too young, don't commit suicide.  I can relate to a lot of that self-loathing, but I'm glad I waited a few years.  I'm not going to lie and say things became *amazing*, but I am happy to be alive now.  And I actually feel like I learned a lot by being a depressed, philosophical teen.

The need for awkward romance eventually subsided.  There's a lot more to life than that.  Like what?  Whatever you want.  A healthy long-term relationship maybe.  You're in a tumultuous period where things really suck...  They do get better.  Not necessarily good, but a lot better.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #104931 on: May 14, 2016, 03:50:27 pm »

*Adds to hug pile*

DigDemon: Really, really hope talking about how you're feeling in this thread helps, in any way at all.  People do care about what you're saying.  The things in your life that you find to be problems ARE VALID PROBLEMS.  Just because other people have problems doesn't ever ever mean you should discount your own. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104932 on: May 14, 2016, 04:21:37 pm »

HUG PILE YO.

There's this odd thing a lot of people seem to have had ingrained into them, that in some way looking out for yourself is wrong, or that if you don't dedicate your life solely to the good of others you're bad and wrong. From my perspective, that's bullshit from people who expect too much of you. Be kind where kindness is needed, help others where it feels right to do so, and seek happiness, for yourself and others, in everything you do. You are not evil for having needs, and it is perfectly fine to take time away from other things to manage them.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104933 on: May 14, 2016, 06:39:50 pm »

You can't do any good for others if you're not taking care of yourself, either.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104934 on: May 14, 2016, 06:41:26 pm »

*shoves OW into the hugpile*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104935 on: May 14, 2016, 06:53:10 pm »

Shoving someone into a hugpile kinda removes the hug part, it's more like a massive wrestling pile now.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #104936 on: May 14, 2016, 07:32:59 pm »

Committing suicide is a bad idea because you're missing out the good things in life, man.

Committing suicide with an electric razor is a bad idea because you're missing out the good things in life... and is also exceedingly difficult.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #104937 on: May 14, 2016, 08:45:31 pm »

Wow. Just saw in cuantarazon.com ...

Remember a kid that made the rounds around the internet a couple of years ago because he was growing his hair long in order to donate it for kids with cancer?

Well, as it turns out he has cancer himself now.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #104938 on: May 14, 2016, 10:52:11 pm »

:(
Sometimes parents say things that don't follow what is readily what we want to hear--this may be because they're not that knowledgeable in that field that we expect to be comforted in (coincidentally, that may also follow understanding and empathizing within one's concerns and utter sadness in meeting those concerns; superficial comments tend to be taken much deeper from those we see in authority, and especially those we care about and are close to us--rather than adhere to those comments, put them aside because they "weren't the best advice, in this certain time"). Your concerns are valid, and comparison to others 'because there are plenty of others having it worse off' does not help at all, because it does not orient anyone towards facing their problems, but it compares on a very vague level. Saying this myself because I've got those kinds of things from my mom (and...worse things ._.); the fact that they love you doesn't mean that they can make mistakes that they are unaware of, especially if they keep repeating it because they probably don't see any reaction otherwise [It may help to tell them simply "This concern matters to me, and I'd not like to be compared to others that way." but that's for later on]

Next is the matter of 'what other people say'. Sometimes what they say may be taken very, very literally that we can't see any insight in what they're saying at all; in these times, we follow the process of attribution--connecting what we perceive, to what other concepts will happen in the future. Sometimes it's best to think of it like "what do they mean to say" [and then probably ask 'what do you mean ._.?'] because by personal reasoning, what we think about it doesn't end up in a helpful conclusion, so either branching out from initial reasoning or asking them for deeper insight can help.

Either way, all our PM boxes are open. Please do not commit yourself to drastic measures because of what others may have said to you that lowers your regard for yourself. You are as important as anyone else here--suicide can be acknowledged and thought about, but never seen as something to act upon, because from that it may become the major locus of thought when you're in a very sad or desperate mood because it begins to be seen as a possibility to act upon, as it takes up most of the focus of your mental eye (or your thoughts) because it is an ultimatum, or a superlative. Do not call yourself anything negative either for not having done such a thing, because that acts as a rebounding or cyclical mindset that 'this big thing here is...something I should do'. It's a culmination along a continuum of negative thoughts, or thoughts coming from concepts that lower your own perception of yourself, or your actions (when your actions are at times not wrong or bad at all, they're just seen bad because of comparisons to 'better' things; there's a better way to work with this, even if it is by comparison, and it isn't by holding yourself at that point and perspective).

It is wrong to term it as laziness, because we all have an innate drive to live; this drive is called by many ways, some say it is self-preservation, others call it inner potential, but the key fact is that it is not right to call yourself anything demeaning from not causing harm to yourself because of external issues. It is a strength to choose for the better.

It may just feel not like a strength because of current moods. That doesn't detract from it though.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104939 on: May 14, 2016, 11:29:24 pm »

Feeling generally discouraged at life. I don't do much. I don't accomplish much. I want to do too many different things and be unrealistically great at all of them when I don't spend enough time on any of them to even be "good" at them. So nothing really gets done, and I don't feel particularly accomplished or successful or content.

While I'm complaining, there's a lot of things I'd like to do that would be easier if I had friends. But I don't. And I can't really make friends because I'm shit at interacting with people and hate interacting with people.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6994 6995 [6996] 6997 6998 ... 8167