Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6957 6958 [6959] 6960 6961 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455917 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104370 on: April 20, 2016, 07:08:14 am »

Why the fuck do I still have a crush on a girl who I know isn't interested in me? It's been three months, and it's still making me miserable. Then again, apparently I'm not even worth being clear to about these things.

Now, now, don't depress over liking someone who you know won't reciprocate. It's a thing with the body that plays you like a fiddle, that you still remain attracted to people whom you've become rather attracted to. It's not because you're unworthy that's why you still keep on liking someone who doesn't reciprocate. Otherwise, if the world was on-and-off switches, you would have been able to control boner reactions at will. And we all know that on certain occasions, these things act independently and react, and also one may have a hard time (ahem) retracting it.
It's been three months since she rejected me, and I still can't let it go. I still feel like shit just thinking about it and I can't not think about it. I havent even had a chance to talk to her. And that's not really what I ment by not worth :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #104371 on: April 20, 2016, 07:12:14 am »

Begging is illegal in Melbourne and can apparently carry a fine of around $100. I guess that the government decided that people deserve to be punished instead of helped for the awful crime of having no money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104372 on: April 20, 2016, 07:24:16 am »

Begging is illegal in Melbourne and can apparently carry a fine of around $100. I guess that the government decided that people deserve to be punished instead of helped for the awful crime of having no money.
Really?!
I don't think they enforce it very much/enough. There are beggars all over in my experience. I saw a couple yesterday and I didn't even go into the city proper, just through the surrounding suburbs here. I was actually pondering why it would be legal. O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104373 on: April 20, 2016, 07:27:52 am »

Wait, CHIPS IN MCDONALDS? What?
Um, yeah? The wiggly shoestring things. Fries.

Really?!
I don't think they enforce it very much/enough. There are beggars all over in my experience. I saw a couple yesterday and I didn't even go into the city proper, just through the surrounding suburbs here. I was actually pondering why it would be legal. O.o
Yeh NZ's considering banning it as well. It's... fair enough, I guess? I mean, if they were going to ban begging in a place where there wasn't solid welfare I'd be raising eyebrows.
Though I don't actually see any beggars around, so vov. It's mostly freedom campers.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104374 on: April 20, 2016, 07:37:23 am »

Although, in Australia we also have universal welfare as well. Most people who have to beg here have some sort of other thing going on than "no money". Usually a drug and alcohol problem. I'm unemployed in Australia, and I get about the same as what an American would get for a 40 hour work week on minimum wage (after factoring in that they pay ~30% of unemployed people's rent on top of the other money). Look, in Melbourne, you can be the laziest asshole on the planet, and they pay you ~$650 a fortnight for that. And that's just the regular lazy person pay rate. If you're disabled, an alcoholic, drug addict or otherwise deem unfit to work, you can go on the disability pension, which pays quite a bit more. I'm pretty certain anyone far gone enough to need to beg here qualifies for the pension.

What's actually happening, is that drug addicts burn through their ~$600-700 worth of fortnightly payments in a few days of partying, then they hit everyone else up for money to last them the rest of the two weeks until the next payment. So, no, "normal" people shouldn't have to beg here, unlike countries with no financial safety net. After living in Redfern (in Sydney) for a while, I started to lose sympathy. Lots of people there whom I knew were on pensions were always begging me for my unemployment check, which was less than they get. Yeah, "no money" my arse, you fuckers ... I have no money because you guys sponge it off me.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:02:09 am by Reelya »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #104375 on: April 20, 2016, 08:47:24 am »

I like Burger King's fries the best. They are the thickest on the market ... here in China, at least.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104376 on: April 20, 2016, 11:45:03 am »

Thrashers' fries.

Alternatively, Five Guys have good fries too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104377 on: April 20, 2016, 02:12:34 pm »

Wendy's Pros
Thicker, so make better poutine
Crisp outside every time
Don't go cold and hard as fast

Wendy's Cons
Not salty enough
Hot oil sometimes gets into pockets in the fries and burns your mouth unexpectedly
Become as sharp as knifes if they get cold
Cant tell fresh batch from old

Fun fact: I work at Wendy's. Most people complain about the fries being too salty. Plus we provide salt packets for just such an occasion.  :P

But as someone who's eaten a ton of Wendy's fries, they do get pretty damn sharp when they're cold (if they cool away from the fry wells), if they aren't floppy (if they cool in the fryer basket or fry wells). And it isn't just the pockets that the oil gets into, it just clings to the surface. I've gotten 1st degree burns on my hands from the fries, which is one reason why I try to stay away from the fry station because I burn the shit out of myself every time I'm there.

And maybe I'm just a connoisseur when it comes to fries, but it's easy for me to tell the difference between new and old Wendy's fries. I can't stand the old fries.

But yeah. My sad is that I'm in a situation in which I feel helpless but also feel sort of guilty for bringing about the situation in the first place. Also: I have a cold and it's pleasantly warm outside.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104378 on: April 20, 2016, 02:57:58 pm »

I'm coming to the conclusion that being a chauffeur kinda sucks. My sleep schedule is shot to hell nonexistent, the pay isn't all that great, there are no benefits whatsoever, and some of the business practices seem...shady, legally-speaking.

Any Bay12ers hiring?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104379 on: April 20, 2016, 03:05:32 pm »

Y'all fry connoisseurs need to try baking fries or chips for yourself some time. If you get a good potato and do it right, they're awfully tasty.

My mom used to take freshwater perch we'd catch in the lakes, cover the fillets in seasoned dried crumbs, and baked them in a bit of butter, in a shallow tray alongside thin-sliced potatos. I haven't made it for myself or anyone else in years, but it's still one of my favorite dishes. Definitely my favorite take on Fish and Chips.

I'm sad that I don't have anyone to cook for.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104380 on: April 20, 2016, 03:09:51 pm »

Thrashers' fries.
You've been to Ocean City? You lucky bastard.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104381 on: April 20, 2016, 03:35:00 pm »

Thrashers' fries.
Indeed I have.

You haven't???
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104382 on: April 20, 2016, 03:38:31 pm »

Thrashers' fries.
Indeed I have.

You haven't???
no

my dad has though, I only know Thrasher's exists because he uses their fries as a metric of fry quality :c
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104383 on: April 20, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »

Thrashers' fries.
Indeed I have.

You haven't???
no

my dad has though, I only know Thrasher's exists because he uses their fries as a metric of fry quality :c
This is a deficiency you should remedy as soon as is humanly possible.
Sigtext

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104384 on: April 20, 2016, 05:05:07 pm »

I feel both disappointed in myself and embarrased to say I don't even know what/where Ocean City is, let alone Thrashers.

In other news, I have near infinite amounts of free time. If anyone wants to do something stupid for a few hours, I've got time.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:08:38 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 6957 6958 [6959] 6960 6961 ... 8167