Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6909 6910 [6911] 6912 6913 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9417272 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103650 on: March 30, 2016, 05:38:32 pm »

I'm getting really fucking sick of my parents telling me that all children these days are spoiled brats. If I argue back they just say that that's part of the problem.
Old people are good at generalising. My parents do the same.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #103651 on: March 30, 2016, 05:44:40 pm »

I'm getting really fucking sick of my parents telling me that all children these days are spoiled brats. If I argue back they just say that that's part of the problem.

As do mine. Though mine usually add "but you're not so bad, [name]" to take away the sting, hehe.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103652 on: March 30, 2016, 05:50:11 pm »

Old people are good at generalising.
I'm just gonna laugh at the irony of this for a while, if you don't mind.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103653 on: March 30, 2016, 05:53:39 pm »

Old people are good at generalising.
I'm just gonna laugh at the irony of this for a while, if you don't mind.

Of course you will.  Old people always belittle the plight of younger generations!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #103654 on: March 30, 2016, 06:09:21 pm »

And I can't shake of the feeling that all my problems are in my mind, and that I am only selfishly seeking attention.
Okay, so, dirty secret of the universe. That's where all problems are. They're only problems because they hurt, and that's something your soul does. Your problems are as real as anybody else's. They may be different problems, but they're still real problems. If you need help to deal with them, that's okay. You don't need to feel guilty for it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103655 on: March 30, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:24:35 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103656 on: March 30, 2016, 06:21:40 pm »

And I can't shake of the feeling that all my problems are in my mind, and that I am only selfishly seeking attention.
Okay, so, dirty secret of the universe. That's where all problems are. They're only problems because they hurt, and that's something your soul does. Your problems are as real as anybody else's. They may be different problems, but they're still real problems. If you need help to deal with them, that's okay. You don't need to feel guilty for it.
Spoiler: Obligatory (click to show/hide)
Nothing selfish about wanting help with problems, Caroline. Nobody's an island, and most humans function best with help from others. You deserve it just as much as the next person. *awkward shoulder pat*

Teaching does seem to take a certain type of personality, but it might be worth it to give it more than two days. At least it doesn't sound like anything is going horribly wrong! Kid sounds adorable =D
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103657 on: March 30, 2016, 08:41:12 pm »

Hey kettle? This is pot, how's your wife doing? Yeah, so I have something important to tell you about your paint color... :P

also i so badly want to believe that i could just hold a long-running fundraiser for myself where i stream and doodle things and then people would shower me with money but alas

That's what Patreon is all about.
i have a link squarely in my signature and literally one (VERY KIND AND AWESOME) patron

:v

Haven't really advertised it much, though. Problem is that i can't quite decide how to go about it. I don't want to lock any of my stuff behind a paywall, so basically i'd be entirely reliant on the goodwill of the people who actually want to support me. Still, i'd need to rack in like 600 dollars a month, which is QUITE A LOT OF GOODWILL. Still, i suppose i most certainly won't be getting anything if i don't DO anything.

Junk mailer.  ;P

Hey, you haven't tried it yet.
Well hey, someone's got to supply the junk mail. :v
Also yes, i haven't tried yet, so technically i don't know. Maybe??
I mean, I'd only do Patreon if the artist has a webcomic or something that gives me a stake in them working full time on drawing, tbh :V

I wouldn't give money to a random person who draws. I mean, I want to help everyone, but if I do that I might as well give money to everybody, which I can't.

oh god
waking up and then vomiting ughgggh

Being sick is awful, children. Let it be heard by all.
Everybody said what I'm gonna say already  :-X

I've spent a lot of time feeling terrible or feeling terrible about feeling terrible lately.

I really want to talk to someone, but I can't.
I stayed inside my head for too long, I tried to ignore everything for too long and now it's all a massive mess again.
And I'm really tired, and I really want to stop feeling trapped once and for all.

But right now it doesn't look well. I have two more years of this to look forward to if I'm extremely lucky. If I am not, then it's going to be more like something from ten years to the rest of my life.

Caroline, I'm sorry if we're pretty unhelpful here sometimes. Mostly for me it's because you literally have more life experience than me at this point, so there's nothing I can say that you haven't already thought of. All I can say is that I believe in you, and if you can live through this then nothing will be able to hold you back.

It's really an unfortunate fact that there's nothing I can offer you more than sympathy. Hell, I didn't even go through a turbulent childhood like Tiruin so I can't even offer mutual understanding.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103658 on: March 30, 2016, 08:55:29 pm »

I'm pretty much the archetypical spoiled brat. I might even have a little royal blood because apparently there's nothing like overkill when it comes to heaping the good things on people who don't deserve it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103659 on: March 30, 2016, 09:00:20 pm »

Peeps had some good things to say already. Just tacking on that there's no sense beating oneself up about not being something or someone else.

Just keep being the best you that you can be from day to day. That's precisely enough.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103660 on: March 30, 2016, 10:16:46 pm »

Peeps had some good things to say already. Just tacking on that there's no sense beating oneself up about not being something or someone else.

Just keep being the best you that you can be from day to day. That's precisely enough.
I need to start a self-help quotes thread...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #103661 on: March 30, 2016, 10:22:13 pm »

Depressed and shit. Stressed out, feel like screaming, life is pointless.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #103662 on: March 30, 2016, 10:23:15 pm »

Same old thing; social anxiety to the extreme over little things (dizzy, red-faced, heart beating in my ears, ect.). Usual crap from crappy friends. Normal levels of self-deprecation over little things. All in all, I've hit my normalish state of affairs today. [/sarcasm]
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103663 on: March 30, 2016, 10:28:46 pm »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103664 on: March 30, 2016, 10:29:08 pm »

Hey, it's not selfish to want to feel good. I mean, we all want to feel good. If you need an outlet, my inbox is open.

EPP: I bet it's an april fool's joke. I hope oh god
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:36:21 pm by Gentlefish »
Pages: 1 ... 6909 6910 [6911] 6912 6913 ... 8167