Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6892 6893 [6894] 6895 6896 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422509 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103395 on: March 26, 2016, 04:08:01 am »

I'm feeling particularly antisocial today. I repeatedly find myself just sitting and sighing quietly and as people monologue in front of me. I don't have the heart to tell them off or look like I wasn't listening, but it makes me feel frustrated as they just go on and on and on with their pointless one-sided conversations.

E: Just realized they at least subconsciously see what's up: I'm being given more personal space than usual.
I'm guessing this isn't common occurrence for you? Everyone needs some time to, well, saying recharge would be cliched...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #103396 on: March 26, 2016, 04:33:55 am »

I'm never the most sociable person, but usually I can hold a conversation without an aura of loathing. I'm currently situated between two very stressful events with a few days to spare, so I guess wanting them for myself to rest would explain the feeling.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103397 on: March 26, 2016, 04:37:00 am »

I broke my Computer Chair... T_T

I am NOT that fat ffs...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #103398 on: March 26, 2016, 05:07:35 am »

I'm feeling particularly antisocial today. I repeatedly find myself just sitting and sighing quietly and as people monologue in front of me. I don't have the heart to tell them off or look like I wasn't listening, but it makes me feel frustrated as they just go on and on and on with their pointless one-sided conversations.

E: Just realized they at least subconsciously see what's up: I'm being given more personal space than usual.
I'm guessing this isn't common occurrence for you? Everyone needs some time to, well, saying recharge would be cliched...

Not everyone and clichés are fine when they communicate. I only get tired of having people around when my mouth hurts from talking. Obviously some people will need some though, not everyone's a social butterfly who has never met their limit like I am.

Which is why I'm in the sad thread. I wanna be popular. It's practically the reason for everything I do. I have many cague notions of inadequacy etc. If i seem bubbly, it's because I spent all day socializing anyway, which just energizea me like crazy. The problem is that all my friends are here, where I do not live. I'm only visiting. I'm not used to having this kind of energy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103399 on: March 26, 2016, 05:46:56 am »

My headphones hurt my ears. :( 
When I take them off, especially after a long time wearing them, it can be pure agony. I can't not wear them, though; having to live without music would be far worse than a few seconds of excruciating pain (followed by an indefinite amount of mild pain).
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103400 on: March 26, 2016, 06:06:59 am »

Not everyone and clichés are fine when they communicate. I only get tired of having people around when my mouth hurts from talking. Obviously some people will need some though, not everyone's a social butterfly who has never met their limit like I am.

Which is why I'm in the sad thread. I wanna be popular. It's practically the reason for everything I do. I have many cague notions of inadequacy etc. If i seem bubbly, it's because I spent all day socializing anyway, which just energizea me like crazy. The problem is that all my friends are here, where I do not live. I'm only visiting. I'm not used to having this kind of energy.
I love socializing too. I think the only reason I'm not a social butterfly isn't more so because of my low energy (since talking to people make me less tired), but it's more because of my low tolerance for inanity.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103401 on: March 26, 2016, 06:19:06 am »

My headphones hurt my ears. :( 
When I take them off, especially after a long time wearing them, it can be pure agony. I can't not wear them, though; having to live without music would be far worse than a few seconds of excruciating pain (followed by an indefinite amount of mild pain).

In spite of that, you may want to stagger that, get your ears checked and avoid losing your hearing for all eternity.

What's a day of no music compared to an eternity of "I really can't hear things anymore."

...but this mentality probably explains why I've spent probably USD$80.00 (converted) alone replacing my earpieces because the copper inside of them keeps dying to my abuse. And I take my bass really seriously.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103402 on: March 26, 2016, 06:22:34 am »

Nah, it's not my hearing-parts that are hurting, nor am I feeling temporarily deafer than usual.
It seems to be just the shape of the earphones, they're those ones that hook over the ear and plug in... annnnd maybe the fact that I wear earmuffs over the top of them because I am too poor/cheap to buy actual noise-cancelling headphones. >.>

If I felt like I was actually damaging my (already pretty bad) hearing I would stop. Probably.

Edit: I can definitely relate to spending ridiculous amounts of money on audio equipment, although my new setup is fairly cheap and effective, apart from the aforementioned pain. Just buy a pair of decent earmuffs from the safety equipment section of a hardware store, combine with a cheap-ish pair of earphones, and bam, you've got yourself a pair of noise-cancelling headphones without dropping a couple of hundred dollars on them.
They look pretty snazzy, too!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:25:33 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103403 on: March 26, 2016, 06:27:04 am »

The earmuffs would certainly do that. I have an okay pair of headphones I wear on my computer, but after a while my ears hurt from being pinched between them and my glasses.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103404 on: March 26, 2016, 07:01:55 am »

Some are just shaped badly for ears. I had some that really hurt my ears, then bought some new ones in a different shape that were much less bad.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103405 on: March 26, 2016, 07:06:37 am »

Been real busy these past few days. Stressy busy busy and having a lack of productivity onto things (along with receiving condescending P. messages here that really hurt a lot) .-.
Have done enough to create a nice draft for online projects though (but unfinished and SUPER late).

Hopeful for the week/Easter. Also midterms from the 28th to 1st of April. Pretty stressy compilation of thesis work and finals-requirements (needed, fun, but it's not them--it's my doubts and low self-esteem!)

Having really bad memories come back to poke me and tell me exactly that I'm not going to succeed because of me being myself :I Glad my dreams aren't affected (or, they are, but I'm glad I'm able to control myself in my dreams despite the nightmares).

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #103406 on: March 26, 2016, 07:44:45 am »

I tried to clear my head.

I tried to take a nap. I couldn't sleep and just ended up crying against my pillow.

I tried to go for a walk. I felt nothing, even though the birdsongs were beautiful.

I tried to eat a meal. I wasn't alone and got into another one-sided conversation.

I tried to be creative. I found no inspiration and didn't make anything of note.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #103407 on: March 26, 2016, 08:36:56 am »

That sounds alarmingly depression-like. I hope it isn't. Too many people get afflicted by depression, including multiple friends/classmates, two childhood friends (who are siblings) with one of them trying and thankfully failing to kill himself (he's now in a psychiatric hospital), and waaaaaaaaaay too many good people on the internet. Good luck. :<

Hey, you two, I'm addressing you both since what I'm going to say would be pretty similar anyways, but you two are two of my idols. I guess I haven't said things much because I'm worried it'll be useless platitudes or whatever, and what I'm saying right now probably are platitudes, but it has to be said.

Vector, you're one of the most diligent, intelligent, and creative people I've known. I can't say that you're wrong to say that you're weak and useless, but I just have to point out that by that metric, so is everyone else in the world. And those metrics are just that, metrics. You can give yourself any unrealistic standard you want, just keep in mind that just by your courage to act despite your insecurity, and your self-criticism, you're already better than a lot of people. I'm not Tiruin, so I'm not going to say that there aren't any people who don't deserve to live, but you're not one of them.

Shook, I always want to say things about how your art inspire me, but I just personally feel faint praises are just as bad as silence. Literally everyone else already said your art is good, but just like Vector, you two are just beyond us when it comes to your standards, and that's not a bad thing. Famous artists are weird, creepy, crazy people with no shame, so don't worry about how others think of your art, because they're good and has so much potential. I'm kind of losing track of what I'm saying but basically you have both the talent and training to become a great artist. What you need now is courage. Which, in case I sound like I'm spouting platitudes again, I want to say I haven't succeeded in yet either. But the way is there and the way is clear.
aaaaaaaaaa

Thank you Cinder! I don't mind "useless" platitudes at all given how unstable my mood can be, but anyhoo, allow me to address a few things (disregarding the fact that i don't feel like i should be looked up to at all): I am, first of all, extremely grateful for all the support and kind words i've received, i'd probably have fizzled out long ago if not for that. Also, regarding standards, i guess there's some truth to that. It's not that i'm ashamed, i'm actually a fairly shameless guy (shame is just a tool employed by others to make you feel bad about yourself), but i am SCARED SHITLESS by the notion of being rejected and alienated for what i like. Considering everything, that's not an impossible event. I'm glad you think that i have the potential to be great; i'm not sure if i THINK so myself, but i sure HOPE so. There are SO MANY images in my minds eye that i want to draw (and in case you're wondering, yes, most of them are floating in a white void), but my confidence is generally too low to even try. Again, the Jonah complex strikes, so you're totally right in saying that i need courage. As with all other fears in my life, this one isn't going to just go away on its own. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103408 on: March 26, 2016, 08:40:47 am »

That sounds alarmingly depression-like. I hope it isn't. Too many people get afflicted by depression, including multiple friends/classmates, two childhood friends (who are siblings) with one of them trying and thankfully failing to kill himself (he's now in a psychiatric hospital), and waaaaaaaaaay too many good people on the internet. Good luck. :<
Well, judging from what they said earlier, I think it may just be extreme stress brought on by current circumstances/responsibilities. 
Still not a good thing, though!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103409 on: March 26, 2016, 09:08:23 am »

That was amazing Cinder wow

I'm doing pretty good recently, but the guy I mentioned who's pining over expensive figures is sounding really depressed ):
It's kinda hard being his friend after he strung me along for years, and I'm still attracted to him for bad reasons...  The same irresponsibility and vanity that are causing him problems now.

I've just known him for too long to just cut contact I guess, particularly when he's hurting like this.  Or rather I do it all the time, but always relent.  Partially out of worry, but also because flattery from a vain person is pretty sweet.
Even though it's empty.  He offers it to anyone willing to stick around.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6892 6893 [6894] 6895 6896 ... 8167