Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6862 6863 [6864] 6865 6866 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434062 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102945 on: March 14, 2016, 07:22:46 am »

Welcome to Philippine politics, where critical and open-ended thinking is discouraged in favour of ramblings, unquestioning and unconditional loyalty where doing the opposite is going to get you death threats from FANS who don't really understand shit, and their desire to expel a student from a prestigious university for merely (and admittedly harshly) badmouthing the candidate.

Well, the point moreso really is on the sheep mentality most non-educated Filipinos possess, wherein if it isn't popular, you're ostracized and shit for stating something that should be stated, but no one wants to hear. And it becomes increasingly and distressingly evident that nobody really cares looking for the "other side" of a particular issue before stating their judgment, and thus everyone is cursing someone for their apparent arrogance when the media itself skewed the message of the student itself, making it seem much worse than it should be.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102946 on: March 14, 2016, 07:37:08 am »

Last time I ever toss a ceasar salad in public transport.
WELP, I sense an OOC coming along on this one.

Welcome to Philippine politics
It works pretty much the same in America, except no one admits to the people they've killed or literally anything they've done ever. Including the good things.
So you go in fully blind every time because everyone is lying out their assholes about everything.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:39:32 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102947 on: March 14, 2016, 11:24:10 am »

Welcome to Philippine politics
Mmh :/ Seeing the ensuing discussion go over in Facebook here--I'm glad there's a silent majority who defended the dude and spoke more onto CONTEXT (since this is a thing you see but not hear in between the lines).
Still sad that people jumped on him [as the video seemed cut off in how it was displayed to make the student look as if he's cutting into Duterte's words].
Well, the point moreso really is on the sheep mentality most non-educated Filipinos possess, wherein if it isn't popular, you're ostracized and shit for stating something that should be stated, but no one wants to hear. [...]
On the bright side, this is untrue in many ways :D
On the sad side, this is very true for those who are vocally like that :-\ (Which creates this stereotypical stigma...).

What's making me sad about all this is whenever corruption happens and then a blunt solution is raised to eradicate crime [usually via negative reinforcement], I hear people go 'Duterte for president'. x_X And that's me rather saying this because the primary discussion is towards corruption as if people in authority commonly, normally go for corruption. <_< {Not me speaking against or for any political candidate, but more towards the attitudes they face within political discussion in the eyes of the masses}

Anyway.

There are... people... who actually care about... me.... ? wut. ferreals?

Yeah, just... thank you. Thanks!!
True feelings shared here when people did the same for me :>
People care about you too there dude \o/ (and that goes for the quiet support many people here receive).

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #102948 on: March 14, 2016, 11:35:30 am »

I have determined that I have a serious crush on my best friend, which is amazing. Before it was just light crushes and stuff and more platonic than anything but no this is definitely romantic and cant really pass this off as platonic :(

I'm sad because they're currently in a relationship, which I don't know, may or may not last for a while yet. It looked like it was going to end for a little bit, but now it's been strengthened and it seems their relationship is deeper now. Hooray.

I want to scream, fuck, I don't know, I'm a really crappy person for wanting to be with them when they're already with someone else and just asdfghjkl;'

Anyways, my own silly sads aside,
who the fuck had that thing, and how

dudes, I'm not doing good. I am doin' bad. I set myself off again. And I'm upset about it, because every time I do it I feel really dumb. my entire mind is like huuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. and I just. I feel dumb and the world seems too loud and too stressful and too sensorily, like, overwhelming in the touch-sense. I get to feeling like "I'm not going to leave this room for any reason." not for food, not for water, not for work. and I used to have some friends who would like "collect" me when I was like this. They'd trip-sit. They'd check in on me every once in a while and be sure I ate something. And now I don't anymore. Because it's too much shit for other people to deal with and my friend-value is too low. Why be friends with me when you could be friends with someone not-fucked-up.

It's not that I need someone else to take responsibility for me. It's that I'm lonely. I wish that there was somebody other than me who cared about my getting better.

Maybe I do need to make a pact with myself to never talk about this stuff with anyone other than my therapist. I'd probably fuck myself up a lot less often.

Well, I'll probably come down soon enough, and this post will sound just crazy.
Veeeeeeeeectoooooooooooooor we all care about you and we're all rooting for you! If we could be there for you in person I'm sure you'd have all of us cramming into your home to make sure you're alright

You're not a bad person for liking someone. If anything, that makes you a normal, functioning human being. If your friend breaks up with whoever they're dating, I would recommend not immediately asking them, but still be there for help and support.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102949 on: March 14, 2016, 11:56:11 am »

So much for information dissemination.

We've been told to keep certificates for University, as part of graduation clearance ('cause yay I'm about to get there but i sure do hope i'll pass my undergrad thesis). They neglected to inform that ticket stubs and receipts should be kept. I have a torn receipt here for one of the picture-taking things, and a lot of missing ticket stubs that I threw to make space.

Because of that, I am forced to purchase a lot of items, as a set. A set includes the following.

• 1 plastic envelop (long)
• 1 brown envelop (long)
• 3pcs 50 leaves notebook
• 1 intermediate pad
• 1 box of crayons (8pcs)
• 2 pens
• 5 pencils
• 1 eraser
• 1 sharpener
• 1 ruler

Now that I don't have most of my presentable evidences because I threw them away because they never told us we'd need it, I'll probably have to buy something like 5 sets of those. I hope it won't cost me USD$42.90 estimate.

I really hate forced donations, especially when they try to exploit the fact that a lot of us would be missing a lot of these shit so that the University could squander on our money. Fuck them. The idea is noble, the means is not.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #102950 on: March 14, 2016, 12:14:55 pm »

Oh Kerbal Space Program you silly silly devil.

Been launching crazy rockets, and a few planes just fine.

Decide to gather science from around KSC.

Build Space Car 1, which is just a car with a tiny jet engine (because powered wheels are a fucking black box) and bunch of science stuff.

Hit ONE FUCKING BUMP, AT 10 M/S, KILL ONLY SCIENTIST.

No scientists available to recruit.

So silly.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #102951 on: March 14, 2016, 01:37:13 pm »

Last week my car broke down, today my computer monitor and phone stopped working.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #102952 on: March 14, 2016, 04:13:35 pm »

The guy keeps popping up more and more around (I very strongly suspect it's because she told him "I am getting over" it so it's now safe to appear) and I am pretty afraid that I will finally hook him (or someone else who gets in my way) in the face for no apparent reason. Anger management issues, eh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102953 on: March 14, 2016, 05:04:09 pm »

Fuuuuuck! My dad's stupid bitch of a girlfriend/ladyfriend (is that a suitable replacement for the word "girlfriend" when the person in question is old?) just washed my favourite jeans without my permission. You know, the ones I purposely hadn't washed for almost a year?
If I'd wanted them washed I would have put them in the fucking laundry basket.

As if my life wasn't bad enough already, people just keep shitting over anything that brings me joy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #102954 on: March 14, 2016, 05:05:32 pm »

Why would you deliberately not wash your jeans for a year? o _ o
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102955 on: March 14, 2016, 05:07:46 pm »

it's the principle of the thing, dammit

even if it's a baffling actual thing, the principle of "this is mine, don't fuck with it" is clear
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102956 on: March 14, 2016, 05:09:30 pm »

Because they had some really cool-looking stains on them that I wanted to preserve.
Also they were starting to look really awesome in general. Besides, I hate anyone who messes with my stuff without asking in any case, even when isn't devastating enough to rob me of my will to live the way this has.

Fakeedit: Yes, NinjaBauglir seems to understand.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102957 on: March 14, 2016, 06:39:51 pm »

So silly.
To be fair, if you did build a car from parts intended to be used in rockets and jets... I can't imagine that being very successful.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #102958 on: March 14, 2016, 06:42:48 pm »

De... pends on which parts? And what you consider successful. I know there's at least one motorcycle out there that's rocking a jet engine, ferex. Rides just fine, they just can't really gun it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #102959 on: March 14, 2016, 07:01:13 pm »

Fakeedit: Yes, NinjaBauglir seems to understand.

The word NinjaBauglir conjures images of cuddly toys into my mind for some reason. Perhaps the future brandname of a line of plush toys?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6862 6863 [6864] 6865 6866 ... 8167