Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6831 6832 [6833] 6834 6835 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429329 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102480 on: February 26, 2016, 11:50:45 pm »

Ah, there's the ol' jealousy again. Blargh. It was nice when I thought I was past it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102481 on: February 27, 2016, 12:10:31 am »

So, I think our... *cough* new and better internet's arrived. Except the download speed is identical. The only difference is that the upload speed is now 1 megabit per second instead of 0.1 megabits.
Well, that is better.  Technically.

*applies (platonic) righteous apathy*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #102482 on: February 27, 2016, 01:52:06 am »

Feeling ill. I just can't seem to get enough water, and the thought of eating anything makes me queasy.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102483 on: February 27, 2016, 03:25:40 am »

Cheer up. Parties before university suck anyway.
most people seem to enjoy it. And that doesn't make me feel any less lonely for being the only person not to go

even if everything is going to magically get better at uni, it's still a really fucking long way off

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #102484 on: February 27, 2016, 03:27:00 am »

Well, my mom is a very religious person. She is Mormon.

She got banned from visiting the temple because she doesn't agree I'm an "abomination unto Nuggan" or whatever.
And so now she is sad, and my grandparents (who work in the temple) are sad, and my father is angry...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102485 on: February 27, 2016, 03:51:33 am »

She's standing up for you, which is cool.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #102486 on: February 27, 2016, 03:59:54 am »

The ostracism spreading to your family is a very bad omen. Something nasty might happen soon. There's not much I can do from where I am, but I hope for you to stay safe and your situation to improve with all my heart.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #102487 on: February 27, 2016, 04:15:39 am »

The ostracism spreading to your family is a very bad omen. Something nasty might happen soon. There's not much I can do from where I am, but I hope for you to stay safe and your situation to improve with all my heart.
I don't think it'll get much better inside the church. I stopped going a while ago, but my mother and siblings haven't.
Hopefully things work out soon, but it means lots of tension in my family currently.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #102488 on: February 27, 2016, 04:26:13 am »

Ew, that's not a healthy place to be. I suppose at this point I'm also morally obligated to try to convert you to Reformed Christianity, but vov.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #102489 on: February 27, 2016, 06:01:58 am »

jesus christ i've got it bad

unable to sleep due to intense feelings of jealousy? fuck!

well. it's either that or the usual tendency of getting drunk before sleeping to interrupt my sleep, but i suspect that it's a synergistic effect where the latter woke me up and the former is keeping me that way. still, i had a fun night beforehand - it was not a drinking alone, or to distract, situation
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102490 on: February 27, 2016, 06:33:09 am »

I suppose at this point I'm also morally obligated to try to convert you to Reformed Christianity, but vov.
Naah, become Catholic. The whole point of having a unified Church is that excesses like the ones in the Mormon church can be reigned in effectively when they occur.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #102492 on: February 27, 2016, 07:06:27 am »

Mormonism is pretty unified already. You can't really excommunicate people from a non-unified denomination. Some people might say the point of having a unified church is that "excesses" like Kal's family can be dealt with effectively.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102493 on: February 27, 2016, 07:09:02 am »

Eh, but a splinter being unified doesn't make it any less of a splinter. The argument only works on large scales - else it would apply to every totalitarian sect ever.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #102494 on: February 27, 2016, 07:15:51 am »

Okay, I know it's not Catholicism, but 15 million people is still a large scale. That's almost one Netherlands.
Pages: 1 ... 6831 6832 [6833] 6834 6835 ... 8167