Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6813 6814 [6815] 6816 6817 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434296 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #102210 on: February 19, 2016, 10:10:12 pm »

And there, indeed, is the rub.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102211 on: February 19, 2016, 10:10:36 pm »

Yep.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102213 on: February 19, 2016, 10:14:53 pm »

*sigh*
Incidentally, to continue our prior discussion, being silly =/= being an idiot. Of course, I usually do some of both, the latter unintentionally, but one does not require the other.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102214 on: February 19, 2016, 10:18:05 pm »

Yep.
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102215 on: February 19, 2016, 10:18:56 pm »

Honestly?

Depending on what you meant by that, "Yes, honestly", or "No, it wasn't meant as an insult".

Edit; Or, for that matter, "Yes, do tell us what's wrong." :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #102216 on: February 19, 2016, 10:59:51 pm »

I love having no friends I can have a conversation with on my intelligence level.[/sarcasm]

Maybe that's a side effect of teaching myself college-level stuff when some people still have problems with division. Oh well. Atleast I have people to laugh at...?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102217 on: February 19, 2016, 11:21:51 pm »

That's pretty lame, yes. Great when you find somebody, though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #102218 on: February 19, 2016, 11:24:32 pm »

Haven't had any sleep paralysis for a few months, but keep having repeating dreams that leave me feeling sad long after waking. Usually I am surrounded by old friends, I make some mistake, and they reject me and turn their backs. I miss them all greatly.

Also a rare headache strikes with enough force to get me taking pain killers. Every heartbeat like some damned drum. Lying down only makes it worse.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #102219 on: February 19, 2016, 11:24:51 pm »

the fact my suddenly popular game sputtered

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102220 on: February 19, 2016, 11:55:09 pm »

Mom drinks and gets meaner than usual.

I can't show her how to fix the technical aspects of a computer. She's pissed because she's really not computer literate. That's not my fault, but she'll sure threaten that if she can't fix it then nobody'll have it including me....

First, it's a machine, and you can't intimidate it.
Second, you were on the phone for over an hour with tech support. If it took professionals over an hour to fix it, then it'd take longer to explain and teach proficently.

I need to improve my ability to not take personal attacks personally. (sigh). She needs to stop being mean, but that's not going to happen.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:57:51 pm by Transcendant »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #102221 on: February 20, 2016, 12:02:31 am »

Don't worry about it. Family tends to expect too much of family, it seems. My family thinks because I know how to use Google Chrome I can diagnose and fix any problem to come up, whether it's on an iPad, or a mac, or a linux machine, or anything else.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102222 on: February 20, 2016, 12:12:47 am »

Thank you. I just find it hard to take when she's angry with me for "having a big secret!" I told her I can't "just tell her" how to "fix it."

That's like demanding a mechanic tell you how to fix your car. No matter what's wrong with it, no matter anything, and "don't need" the technical and diagnostic stuff but just need to know how to make it work. No idea if it's the same problem twice, etc.

Anything else besides the immediate unreasonable answer she wants is "bullshit!"

..... Really?

Like there's a magic make it work button and I'm just being a jackass and hiding it from you...?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102223 on: February 20, 2016, 12:18:08 am »

Intoxication + Abusive jerkass personality =/= Logical thought  :V

Seriously though, that's a pretty lame situation.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102224 on: February 20, 2016, 12:45:50 am »

Thank you. I just find it hard to take when she's angry with me for "having a big secret!" I told her I can't "just tell her" how to "fix it."
I can relate :/ Mom gets mad at me because she misinterprets my anxiety as MYSTERIOUS-MYSTERY D: (not helping that when I'm anxious--I tense up and cannot visually focus on the source...which is usually people's mouths because hooray good hearing <_>)

I need to improve my ability to not take personal attacks personally. (sigh).

She needs to stop being mean, but that's not going to happen.
This is something best done :3 In order of priority--when you cannot focus on the thing below, focus on yourself since you're the most malleable thing you can have \o/ (Also, imagine responding to every mean or angry thing like a polite and distinguished gentleman/lady. Gives a good idea of how to respond--you respond to anger or other such things, with politeness and acknowledgement, in a nice way. When people see this, they'll mostly calm down since they don't see [whatever supports their initial negative emotion])

I also lack videos of this because of lacking time, but that's a nice way to do things (may not work that much on first tries; practice with friends at first, maybe? Depending on the context)
Pages: 1 ... 6813 6814 [6815] 6816 6817 ... 8167