Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6795 6796 [6797] 6798 6799 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426090 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101940 on: February 12, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »

yeah, fuck valentines day

at least it's on a sunday instead of a weekday

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #101941 on: February 12, 2016, 08:09:17 pm »

uhh

Isn't it saturday tomorrow, if we discount the whole post-midnight thing? :v (but yeah srs talk though, i wish you guys luck with your love-related sads, i can see how Valentine's Day would just be The Saltening for you)

@Truean: Good lord, that sounds like some grade A bullshit. I hope they somehow catch the dreaded Common Sense Syndrome, because they need it.

@Shook, miauw: *applies (platonic) hugs*
<3

Spoiler: sickness rambling (click to show/hide)

and now to pretend that i can fall asleep tonight
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #101942 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:35 pm »

It's actually worse, especially how it's end of two week winter-break period here so for some people it was like two week long Valentines day.
Just... argh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #101943 on: February 12, 2016, 09:35:23 pm »

I met my Great Aunt maybe two times before she got cancer, and once after that. On all three times she was very nice, and I genuinely liked her. We hadn't met much because of an old family row I didn't even know of until maybe last year, but that they were patching up. The doctors said good things about the treatment, and it went well. But then it came back, and I've now visited her three times in her house while she lies in her bed with barely any flesh on her, she refuses to eat and is almost literally wasting away. She'd always try to speak to us, and even smiled and spoke to me even though it was very hard to hear her speak. Today they thought she had stopped breathing, but she improved a bit. Now her breathing is very raspy and she won't wake up. So I'm lying in my bed while someone is dying, and earlier I didn't even really think about it but it's hitting home now and I just wish I'd know her better before all this, because she is a really nice person who always asked after me and seemed to care.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #101944 on: February 12, 2016, 10:30:44 pm »

You would think I wouldn't feel shitty about V-Day, but now I feel guilty that I have someone to enjoy V-Day with.

Siiiigh. Maybe it's time I start learning matchmaking from my mom. People need to be more open about dates. Dates are delicious when sun-dried. Wait.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101945 on: February 13, 2016, 12:44:11 am »

Apparently Eddy Wally died 6 days ago. RIP wow man.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #101946 on: February 13, 2016, 01:13:19 am »

Maybe it's time I start learning matchmaking from my mom. People need to be more open about dates. Dates are delicious when sun-dried. Wait.
I mean, okay, but where are you going to get enough phosphorous?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101947 on: February 13, 2016, 01:32:12 am »

I'm Sad that y'all are still thinking of tomorrow as Valentines Day, when it is in fact Free Taco Day. :-\
Spoiler: Spoilered for not-Sads (click to show/hide)
I think you guys should make tacos tomorrow, wherever you are. You can be at Free Taco Day in spirit!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101948 on: February 13, 2016, 05:29:12 am »

You would think I wouldn't feel shitty about V-Day, but now I feel guilty that I have someone to enjoy V-Day with.

Siiiigh. Maybe it's time I start learning matchmaking from my mom. People need to be more open about dates. Dates are delicious when sun-dried. Wait.
don't feel guilty man, this isn't really anybody's fault.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #101949 on: February 13, 2016, 07:03:45 am »

I met my Great Aunt maybe two times before she got cancer, and once after that. On all three times she was very nice, and I genuinely liked her. We hadn't met much because of an old family row I didn't even know of until maybe last year, but that they were patching up. The doctors said good things about the treatment, and it went well. But then it came back, and I've now visited her three times in her house while she lies in her bed with barely any flesh on her, she refuses to eat and is almost literally wasting away. She'd always try to speak to us, and even smiled and spoke to me even though it was very hard to hear her speak. Today they thought she had stopped breathing, but she improved a bit. Now her breathing is very raspy and she won't wake up. So I'm lying in my bed while someone is dying, and earlier I didn't even really think about it but it's hitting home now and I just wish I'd know her better before all this, because she is a really nice person who always asked after me and seemed to care.

She's dead.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101950 on: February 13, 2016, 07:32:46 am »

My condolences. How are you holding up?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #101951 on: February 13, 2016, 08:15:04 am »

I want, I must contact her so bloody hard, I can't even think, but...
No.
That's an bad idea.

I guess I should say something supportive or something but I can't even bring myself to do that.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101952 on: February 13, 2016, 08:26:31 am »

I just woke up from the most unsubtle nightmare...  I dared visit my hometown again, just for a couple nights, but then highway patrol pulled me over at the very last minute (conveniently) and declared my car illegal to drive.  Trapping me in my hometown.  How heavy handed is that?

Well yeah it wasn't a dream at all.  Completely my fault, but still.

(I *tried* to get my car inspected mid December but the state computers vaguely said "too early".  It expired Feb 1.  I guess the window was probably January!  And I forgot because I was freaking out *hard* over family stuff for most of it.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101953 on: February 13, 2016, 10:27:25 am »

*hugs everybody, especially Cinder, Th4DwArfY1, Rolan7, and Truean.*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #101954 on: February 13, 2016, 01:58:05 pm »

My girlfriend's cousin has had some terrible, terrible things done to her by her brother. I won't go into details, but it's not good. She has openly admitted she has a crush on me (Goddamnit...), and it's not helping anything. She's repeatedly asked my what I would do if she started cutting herself, overdosed on pills, jumped off a building, etc. On top of this, all the "friends" I've had in the past few years have started being angry at me for not hanging out with them, when they told me to go away and not come back. Fucking hipocrits...Anyway. Language arts is requiring us to write poems for a book of our choice, and I don't see the point. We also have to write a small book about ourselves and our pasts, which is difficult for me, considering I told counsiling will be useless for me, as I told the couneslor nothing of importance. This also brings up the bad memories of things like sudden, life-threatening seizures, people dying, being attacked, and a few other things. On top of this pile of shit, I keep realizing half of what I say is a lie, but I'm not sure what specifically is a lie. GF seems to be annoyed with me, and I'm kind of scared to ask. Oh, and I disappoint myself almost every time I do anything.

And that's just what I'll openly admit on the internet.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer
Pages: 1 ... 6795 6796 [6797] 6798 6799 ... 8167