Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6776 6777 [6778] 6779 6780 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429302 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101655 on: February 06, 2016, 09:58:31 pm »

Unfortunately I can't really give any better advice than that, only explain the rationale behind it. It's easy because I'm a good counter-example. I've been in my situation and blah blah blah problems and stuff for around a year, and in that time as my monofocus on my friend got greater I've taken to neglecting other potential time actually hanging out with people, which I probably could've arranged if I'd bothered to assign the effort, to focusing on my friend, which is okay but the extent of thought I end up devoting has long since gone past the point of diminishing returns. Essentially, I'm damaging my own life by focusing too much on the one thing.

So the idea is that if you instead focus on basically having a good life and enjoying what you do, you're more likely to run into a productive romantical situation because you're actually doing things rather than sitting around obsessing like my example of me. Obviously I can't say if it works from experience or anything, but the logic behind it seems sound.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #101656 on: February 06, 2016, 10:42:08 pm »

On too of being lonely and my entire body aching, I slipped in my supposedly non-slip shoes and twisted my wrist. So I can look forward to that being stiff and sore once the injury sets in.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101657 on: February 06, 2016, 10:45:23 pm »

Landed flat on my fucking back outside after shovelling around some ice. Owww.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #101658 on: February 07, 2016, 02:59:24 am »

And fuck Valentine's Day

Seconded. It's just another stupid pointless holiday invented by the greeting-card companies (in collusion with the chocolate companies in this case).

Furthermore, I prefer to spend that day commemmorating the anniversary of the area bombing of Dresden.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101659 on: February 07, 2016, 03:06:47 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101660 on: February 07, 2016, 03:14:15 am »

Dont be a grammer nazi, ow;
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #101661 on: February 07, 2016, 03:27:09 am »

lol
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101662 on: February 07, 2016, 03:56:43 am »

im sory guys
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101663 on: February 07, 2016, 04:52:40 am »

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #101664 on: February 07, 2016, 05:23:06 am »

Today I realized I relate with video game characters more so than with people I've met in real life, sheerly because they're actually similar to me, and that's rare. Also, I share similarities with a cartoon character who... isn't the greatest. In fact, they're the protagonist, but they're still a pretty shitty person.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101665 on: February 07, 2016, 06:11:41 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #101666 on: February 07, 2016, 06:52:11 am »

Just watched a TV broadcast on the murder of Breck Bednar. Jesus christ. The guy that did that to him is a fucking monster.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101667 on: February 07, 2016, 07:03:27 am »

"please, I'm very scared. I'm barely twenty. I don't want to die"

It did not end up well.

:-[
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #101668 on: February 07, 2016, 01:30:51 pm »

I don't understand my calculus homework. If I don't understand the homework, I probably will do poorly on the tests. If I do poorly on the tests, I'll either fail the class and sink my gpa or have to drop the class, also dropping engineering physics due to calculus II being a requirement, and take it again next semester. In either case I'd have to retake the classes and it would set me behind schedule at least 1 semester. This is assuming I'm able to understand the material in calculus 2 after two semesters, which I doubt because I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT AND IT'S REQUIRED FOR MY MAJOR DAMMIT WHY AM I SO STUPID.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101669 on: February 07, 2016, 02:33:09 pm »

I don't understand my calculus homework. If I don't understand the homework, I probably will do poorly on the tests. If I do poorly on the tests, I'll either fail the class and sink my gpa or have to drop the class, also dropping engineering physics due to calculus II being a requirement, and take it again next semester. In either case I'd have to retake the classes and it would set me behind schedule at least 1 semester. This is assuming I'm able to understand the material in calculus 2 after two semesters, which I doubt because I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT AND IT'S REQUIRED FOR MY MAJOR DAMMIT WHY AM I SO STUPID.

Calculus 2 is literally hell. I highly suggest you look into campus resources available to you. Office hours and the free tutoring available to students is the only way I was able to get a C (minimum for passing) in that course.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 6776 6777 [6778] 6779 6780 ... 8167