Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6732 6733 [6734] 6735 6736 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435267 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100995 on: January 20, 2016, 08:51:05 am »

Lets just say... intentionally killing civilians did happen...
Didn't you know before? There were videos released at the time of it happening.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #100996 on: January 20, 2016, 08:53:55 am »

@BHK

Not just a vent, but it's a good way to start. If they're going to work therapy magic on you, they've gotta have a baseline. I can't tell you what'll work for you, of course, everyone's different (!) but that's what worked for me and it sounds like you're in a similar spot to me.

And if you don't like the idea of a safe space, then they're like B12 except with a face and years of practice helping with issues. It's fundamentally the same, but better. Also if you need to you can shout at them, cry at them, whatever. It's actually quite relaxing, for me.

But like I said, everyone's different. If what I'm saying doesn't seem at all helpful, disregard it. No point in trying to solve problems in a way that doesn't make sense. Can't thin oil paints with water, and such.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #100997 on: January 20, 2016, 08:55:01 am »

How do you sum up a likely unlikely scenario in with one word?
'Plausible', if leaning more towards the likely, 'implausible' if towards the unlikely.

Plausibility is the chance that listeners won't immediately call you a liar if you tell them about some event.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100998 on: January 20, 2016, 09:08:49 am »

But like I said, everyone's different. If what I'm saying doesn't seem at all helpful, disregard it. No point in trying to solve problems in a way that doesn't make sense. Can't thin oil paints with water, and such.
Did I make you mad or something? Sorry about that.
Alright, thank you for the advice, then. I'll try.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100999 on: January 20, 2016, 09:39:17 am »

do you ever have the chance to talk to people? talk to them as though they were boys, whose interests you do not know

girls are not particularly special
Basically this. They're still humans after all, they just have like 4 or 5ish different parts.
Yes, but I get basically no chances to talk to them
Make some.
Yeah, I know, but I'm trying to be helpful. :/
Also, you don't really need to talk to them, I mean, man, there are tons of other people around, I guess.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #101000 on: January 20, 2016, 10:29:42 am »

Did I make you mad or something? Sorry about that.
Alright, thank you for the advice, then. I'll try.

Nah, just trying to make it clear that this is all coming from my experience, which is different to yours (because I'm not you). It's good to try things, though, so keep on!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #101001 on: January 20, 2016, 11:43:31 am »

-snip-

O no, no, no. It's even worse than that. No lawyer will be getting paid one single cent of that $8.5 Billion. That is money that state is giving up from the federal government, because it hates gays/doesn't want Supreme Court ruled marraige equality..... Same principle with laws about seat belts, 55 mph speed limits, and 21 year old drinking ages; states don't HAVE to have those laws, but the feds will cut off funding if they don't....

Now, this has the added wrinkle of not being one of those laws that can be opted out of if the state doesn't want the fed's money. That means this guy is peeing away $8.5 Billion for nothing, because it's doomed from the start. Your tax dollars at waste....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101002 on: January 20, 2016, 01:31:18 pm »

do you ever have the chance to talk to people? talk to them as though they were boys, whose interests you do not know

girls are not particularly special
Basically this. They're still humans after all, they just have like 4 or 5ish different parts.
Yes, but I get basically no chances to talk to them
Make some.
Yeah, I know, but I'm trying to be helpful. :/
Also, you don't really need to talk to them, I mean, man, there are tons of other people around, I guess.
i just ment girls in general i guess. and i don't really know how to make good chances >.>

talking to people i dont really know in a group of people they know is really hard and disappointing most of the time

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #101003 on: January 20, 2016, 02:07:08 pm »

Well, it's not like you will fall into friendship/love after first talk, shit like that happens very rarely and is usually very stupid in longer run. Also try to bring something into the group, because, well, they kind of have to accept you in and the group rarely does that on it's own because, well, they're in group and they're comfortable with it, they don't need you so it's up to you to get in and possibly make them need you. Or something. Dunno.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #101004 on: January 20, 2016, 03:59:50 pm »

Been given sleeping pills, apparently doctor thinks I've been dreaming too much so not getting the deep sleep, which has been hurting my general mental health. Sleeping on the pills feels weird. Everything is more..subdued. Memories of dreams are fuzzy flashes of images and sounds instead of vivid movie reels. Maybe I'm just too used to having bad dreams :S
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:06:59 pm by MorleyDev »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101005 on: January 20, 2016, 05:03:55 pm »

Don't you love it when you're nice and settled in and ready to work AND THEN YOU HAVE TO GET UP BECAUSE YOU FORGOT SOMETHING
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101006 on: January 20, 2016, 06:15:50 pm »

car troubles aaaaaaaaaaaaargh
I don't need another bill so soon T_T
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101007 on: January 20, 2016, 08:26:21 pm »

(Also could you please start using caps again? LW is bad enough on his own.)
This. So much this.
It's the most irritating forum trend I've seen in a while... when and why did it become cool a thing to disavow capitalization, anyway?
There are at least two people doing so on a regular basis.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #101008 on: January 20, 2016, 08:28:05 pm »

There are at least two people doing so on a regular basis.
I can think of four. (Not naming any names, mind :v)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101009 on: January 20, 2016, 08:40:13 pm »

I've never really noticed it, but I do see lots of people leaving off punctuation, especially in shorter posts. Maybe it's supposed to make it seem more conversational, but it kinda bothers me to see it. Not really enough to complain unprompted, but while we're talking about it...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 6732 6733 [6734] 6735 6736 ... 8167