Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6707 6708 [6709] 6710 6711 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9534749 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100620 on: January 10, 2016, 07:27:28 pm »

Meh I still feel sort of shitty about being rejected and I really want to talk about it but everything has sort of already been said and I know this is going to drag on for a while.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100621 on: January 10, 2016, 07:31:52 pm »

Bluh, I know that feel. Rule of thumb is that after six months the last traces are gone, and possibly even sooner.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100622 on: January 10, 2016, 07:34:15 pm »

Where to even begin....

More friends committing and almost committing suicide:
Well first the actors involved. Friend, friend's new husband, and friend's bother. Friend's brother fatally ODs on Heroin, and because they were close, she understandably doesn't take it well. Did I mention she has prior mental health problems. Her husband splits, just up and leaves her. All indications point to him just ... not coming back. This is far from a nice thing to do as an understatement on his part.... The timing alone, never-mind the deed.

All the freaking while, she goes to mutual friend's house down the street, (understandably freaked out and perhaps a danger to herself). Mutual friend calls me to come from a considerable distance away (thankfully offering me gas money but still). I spend two nights with friend, making sure all the knives and sharp objects are collected along with the pills. I'm not in a good position myself to even really consider dealing with this to say the least, but yeah. Mutual friend knows this but perhaps she's too freaked out to see it or accept that clearly. I don't quite know. All the same, not good, and she keeps insisting even after I say no to helping further (because I can't) after two damn days and part of a 3rd.... She later apologizes but wow.

Under normal circumstances, years ago when I was in a much more stable situation, I would have done this more and had done it quite regularly. It's just an incredible thing to go through and not easy when going through your own shit. She'll be fine and rather supported. I don't think I'd get that kinda support .... It's not a selfish thing, but rather it's self preservation. I did quite a lot of good and more than a lot of people would have, yet I feel like shit still, oddly.

It's quite a thing to strip a knife out of someone's hand when the blade is against their wrist without cutting them, and I've done it a couple times now. Fucked. Up. It's quite a thing to be speaking to somebody who really wants to kill themselves and have them look at you wide eyed in disbelief that you had it worse, and it fucks with your head reliving that for this purpose. They inevitably ask how I got through it, because they are searching for that answer themselves. I've done everything from pleading to screaming "USE IT! Don't let it turn inward." I have become a de facto by experience expert in this shit, but I currently do not have the wherewithal to really practice it/help others.

I am so very tired. I am not able to do this kind of shit anymore. Quite frankly I rather need to help myself.

So that's about the 6th and nearly 7th friend I lost to suicide in the last year.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:49:31 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100623 on: January 10, 2016, 07:43:43 pm »

I hope things get better, Truean.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #100624 on: January 10, 2016, 07:48:53 pm »

Sometimes you have to put yourself first. You seem to give a lot already Truean.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100625 on: January 10, 2016, 08:14:53 pm »

Bluh, I know that feel. Rule of thumb is that after six months the last traces are gone, and possibly even sooner.
meh, probably more like until i get a crush on somebody else i don't know again and get exactly the same result again
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:16:48 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100626 on: January 10, 2016, 08:26:12 pm »

Eh, it'll work out someday. Just this afternoon I learned of a mutual crush among my aquaintances, and they appear to be heading in the right direction~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100627 on: January 10, 2016, 08:41:18 pm »

It works out for most people - why not for us? It's a weird form of arrogance to think otherwise.
The Bay12 postcard club

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100628 on: January 10, 2016, 08:52:39 pm »

That's weird, thread was locked for a second...
Wrong thread.
That's the second time I've confused threads.  Yikes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100629 on: January 10, 2016, 09:02:26 pm »

Humans are arrogant by nature. And stupid.
Arrogance and idiocy do make a deadly combination. I am rather more afraid of talented but arrogant people who know they're talented; they have the skills needed to wreak true havoc with their talented idiocy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100630 on: January 10, 2016, 10:57:00 pm »

Humans are arrogant by nature. And stupid.
Untrue, please reexamine your basis of description. :)

My sad is seeing many begin to generalize others, or 'humans [in general]' not because they mean exactly what they say, but because of how repetitive experiences happen to them make others seem. Behavior and attitude is a diverse area to cover--please ensure your words convey the meaning you want it to.

*hugs to Truean*
As an unrelated tangent [as in, this part isn't being mentioned because of recent posts], I wish there were more services like these here in my place. Knowing the words they use, and how they proceed with these, makes communication a lot better.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100631 on: January 11, 2016, 12:54:00 am »

Those of you familiar with the girl I liked and ranted on about for so long ended up fucking my teacher (the one who has a girlfriend who isn't her)... And I'm pretty sure from what someone told me, she pretty much played me like a fool the whole time... I'm so fucking hurt right now that I feel naseuous... Can't sleep, and I have class in 9 hours.

And the worst part of it all is my broken heart wants to forgive her and try and be with her but I know that she doesn't even want me the way I did. I keep trying to justify reasons to just let it slide, but I can't... I don't even know if I should continue not talking to her after she hurt me before trying to tell me that she doesn't want to hurt me, that I shouldn't like her like I did, and etc. Or to just cut her off entirely.

My emotions me to wait it out because it seems that it's gonna explode into a disaster (and it seems that it already has) and when she has no one, she'll come to me. But my mind says if that happens, she'll hurt me again.

My mind says to leave, but my emotions and a part of my mind seem to think that though it would relieve me to let her go, that at some point, if she does need help and all is lost to her, because I offered to help her before but she declined, she might come to me for her emotional and mental problems (ie I suggested Brentwood and other places that I can help her with).

I'm not gonna look at the responses to this. If you got anything to say (be it a suggestion or saying how stupid I am), message me. I don't look at the sad thread often
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100632 on: January 11, 2016, 02:14:39 am »

what the fuck

david bowie is like the last person i ever thought could die

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100633 on: January 11, 2016, 03:07:51 am »

My left index finger has started hurting a couple days ago, and it hasn't stopped hurting since, for seemingly no reason. I just can't explain it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #100634 on: January 11, 2016, 04:01:00 am »

David Bowie died. I never felt very affected by celebrities or artist dying before, but now I feel like somehow a part of me is gone. I feel a bit ridiculous to feel this way over somebody I never met, but his music meant a lot to me.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 6707 6708 [6709] 6710 6711 ... 8169