Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6703 6704 [6705] 6706 6707 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9535777 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100560 on: January 08, 2016, 10:24:35 am »

Oh yeah, I haven't seen him in forever. Did he leave for good, or just sorta fade out?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #100561 on: January 08, 2016, 10:32:45 am »

He has things going on in his life. I wouldn't judge him too harshly, however I don't think he's coming back anytime soon. (read as possibly years)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100562 on: January 08, 2016, 11:01:12 am »

Would you be the one making a scene? If you've cut ties (I can't remember all the details of what happened from that thread, but that was the impression I got) and don't plan on being wierd about it, chill, if she wants to make a scene, tell her to sod off and that you have no interest in creating drama and would appreciate it if she did the same.
Hahahahahaha it didin't even started and we already made a scene, I ran into her by accident and for some serene reason I asked her wether he is going to be there or not.
Also, I guess it was more my fault than hers since I went "at least that" when she said no but erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
EDIT:
Also, Miauw, I got the same thing with this girl too at first, but we met later on and it was cool so as long as nothing extraordinary happens you might totally get a chance one time or another, since she might really be busy. Just wait a bit, enjoy seeing her, maybe talk her when you're in class together a bit more or something - don't force it, just make her laugh and stuff, it should work.
eh i know what she picked and based on that and some expectations about which classes will be full and force people onto their second and third picks i don't think it's very likely. i could be wrong though :x

i'm more ok with this than i was yesterday, though. it's weekend, so i'll have an entire two days to decide to do nothing. i have therapy on monday but it's a new therapist and eeeghhh x.x

being frustrated for dumb reasons sucks because all being rational does for you is make you frustrated for no reason.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100563 on: January 08, 2016, 04:11:06 pm »

I made the incredibly stupid choice of uninstalling steam because it wasn't opening and I was feeling tired. I just uninstalled every game I had on there. F U C K .
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #100564 on: January 08, 2016, 04:14:55 pm »

I was this close to doing the same, and then the penny dropped before I did it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #100565 on: January 08, 2016, 05:39:21 pm »

Maybe more terror but...

I've gotten bronchitis twice now in the last couple of months. Normally I wouldn't be THAT concerned...if not for the fact that my parents are huge smokers, and I've taken in a TON of second-hand smoke accidentally over my lifetime. I'm a little bit scared that I'm developing *chronic* bronchitis. At fifteen.  :'(
Please get that checked out. :c
I think once you get out of the smoker house you'll be fine. My parents were heavy smokers when I was a kid and I'd end up with hella infections but as soon as they stopped they went away.

If it doesn't stop when you get out / they stop smoking you might want to see a doctor.

Go to a doctor anyway. Bronchitis might lead to pneumonia.
Been to a doctor. She prescribed a bronchodilator, along with some cough syrup. I just really hope it does turn out to be in passing.

I wish there was some convenient scapegoat to blame for my appearance, but there really isn't. Reality isn't sentient and so can't really be hekd responsible. Hell, it's not even MY fault that I'm so fucking ugly, so I don't get to take my anger out on myself either.
Dear, really. You do look fine; hell, more than fine. If you want to change your appearance, I'll support you and help however I can, but as it stands you really do look pretty good.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100566 on: January 08, 2016, 06:30:52 pm »

For no apparent reason UCAS declined my card. Details were correct, I have money... it just decided 'nah, not going to work these three times. Tried more than three times? Well fuck you no more tries ever at all until you ring us'. Which is going to make this process very irritating. Should have been nice and simple, but no, why be simple when it can fuck me over and make it difficult.
Well fuck, sorry you've got to go through that. I was applying to Oxford so my college made sure everything went smoothly so I can't really empathise but I can imagine that dealing with UCAS is a massive pain in the arse.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100567 on: January 08, 2016, 08:46:47 pm »

Stuff happened
And well
Stuff
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100568 on: January 08, 2016, 09:56:40 pm »

Stuff happened
And well
Stuff

Simon, jahbe.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100569 on: January 08, 2016, 09:57:54 pm »

Stuff happened
And well
Stuff
Hope said "stuff" wasn't too bad, whatever it was. And hopefully some good stuff is soon to follow!

My own sad: having a sprained ankle really, really sucks. I don't think I'll make it to the event I'd planned on going to tonight, an event I've been looking forward to for ages. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100571 on: January 08, 2016, 11:24:02 pm »

I always say something really stupid and mess things up...

*sigh*.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #100572 on: January 09, 2016, 12:36:37 am »

Medication side effects keeping me from sleeping soundly for the past few days (and pain. The pain didn't help with the sleeping either. [the pain's cleared up now but the side effects of the codeine I had been taking for it still haven't totally worn off yet])
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:39:25 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100573 on: January 09, 2016, 12:39:05 am »

You know, as of late I've found that I find it hard to search for other endings once I've gotten the most satisfying (to me. whatever) ending out of a game. Depends on the particular game of course. But I feel queasy about leaving the game with a bad mouthtaste after a satisfying ending...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #100574 on: January 09, 2016, 12:43:27 am »

My own sad: having a sprained ankle really, really sucks. I don't think I'll make it to the event I'd planned on going to tonight, an event I've been looking forward to for ages. :'(

In my experience sprained ankles aren't too bad, as injuries go.

Or is it just that the event is something you wouldn't be able to get to with crutches?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6703 6704 [6705] 6706 6707 ... 8169