Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6695 6696 [6697] 6698 6699 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9538932 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100440 on: January 03, 2016, 08:53:32 pm »

The epicenter was about 500km away, so there wasn't really much danger.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100441 on: January 03, 2016, 09:05:04 pm »

Aww, damn. For whatever it's worth, I'm ever so sorry for your loss, and I really mean that. Having lost people I cared about, I know it sucks, as a terrible understatement.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #100442 on: January 03, 2016, 09:12:26 pm »

Even though it's all shitties and I haven't spent more than a couple bucks on it (I think I've got one shitty purple?) my CSGO skin collection is starting to grow embarrassingly large.
Shoes...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100443 on: January 03, 2016, 09:34:22 pm »

I felt genuinely sad after I listened to The Man That Sold The World, and I'm not sure why.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #100444 on: January 03, 2016, 09:51:14 pm »

God, I hate when that happens. That's why I have a bunch of unread books everywhere.

Speaking of unread books, I just realized that I never read the book for my book club this month.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #100445 on: January 03, 2016, 10:02:36 pm »

Decided to check up on my old Bloodfist link to see if I need to update my signature.

404 Not Found

:-[

Make matters worse, I don't think I have much of anything from that thread backed up (and most of it was on an old hard drive that crapped out too, so I doubt there's much of anything to recover, besides the old map files). So much for the story of the Bloodfist.

EDIT:
No worries. Did a little searching and found it still intact. I think I need to update my linking, apparently.

Until I fix the link in at least my sig, this will do:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=36955.0

And a heads-up for whoever made the TVTropes link as well (Community Tropes/Military Mashup Machine. I tried it and it also 404'd), I suggest updating the link there as well. It's simple, just change the link's 'forum' to 'smf', and it should fix it in a jiffy.

EDIT EDIT:
Link repaired, and running correctly again. Back to happy.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:16:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100446 on: January 03, 2016, 10:06:08 pm »

Decided to check up on my old Bloodfist link to see if I need to update my signature.

404 Not Found

:-[

Make matters worse, I don't think I have much of anything from that thread backed up (and most of it was on an old hard drive that crapped out too, so I doubt there's much of anything to recover, besides the old map files). So much for the story of the Bloodfist.

Toady was talking about a server migration that would leave some server stuff down. Bug tracker is down, for example. Could be that Bloodfist is only temporarily 404'ing. Once Toady's done with server stuff and it's back up maybe the link will work.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100447 on: January 03, 2016, 10:08:33 pm »

@Itnetlolor:Known bug, you need to link to the forumd using the bay12forums URL, not bay12games.com/forum/etc
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100448 on: January 03, 2016, 10:29:29 pm »

Ugh that has been bothering me a lot recently, since my "updated topics" "link" (the thing what appears when I type "un" in the bar) is no longer valid.  So to check new replies I still type "un", but I have to find the bay12forums one.  Eventually Firefox will get the message...  Well, I hope, I have a SI shitload of hits on that page.  I might have to delete it from history, if that's even what the URL-bar suggestions are drawn from.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #100449 on: January 03, 2016, 10:59:11 pm »

Please do not quote:

Relative calls me, again, because lo and behold, arrested, again.... Not hello, how are you or anything. No contact at New Years or Christmas, but just more stupid....Because it appears I exist solely to bail out blood relatives who otherwise treat me like shit. Otherwise? It's pretty constant really....

I actually couldn't do it this time, and arguably shouldn't have done it all the other times. Guess who hung up after being insulted horribly and unjustly as a rule? Consider your answer carefully to win the nothing behind door number one....

I just can't with this one anymore, because I've practically lost count. Just shut up and get off the damn drugs, because I mean, they offered to put you through rehab repeatedly, and just.... It's lovely watching somebody you care about basically implode repeatedly. Just marvelous seeing them destroy their lives one dose at a time, you know? Somehow, I bet that didn't quite make the Christmas card I didn't get / was never sent, despite the repeat help I've given.

I'm not doing this. This person isn't my resposibility anymore after all these years of my support and their abuse.

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100450 on: January 04, 2016, 01:24:39 am »

I felt genuinely sad after I listened to The Man Who Sold The World, and I'm not sure why.
It is a pretty great song, I'm not surprised.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100451 on: January 04, 2016, 01:45:51 am »

@Tru

Hell yeah it ain't your problem anymore. Admittedly drugs are very addictive but Rehab's there for a reason and if you're not able to control it that's your own problem.

Furthermore, due to your profession/connections/whatever, they don't particularly deserve it. They'll end up abusing whatever good you do, just like how mein matriarch went insane with power and refuses to recognize those who disobey her (read: her own kids).

Now, look at you, disposing all of those millions of cash for your vainglorious addictions of shiny opals and golden rings.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #100452 on: January 04, 2016, 02:38:30 am »

Speaking of unread books, I just realized that I never read the book for my book club this month.
You should read "How to talk about books you haven't read". I haven't read it, so my recommendation is insincere, but...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #100453 on: January 04, 2016, 03:41:11 am »

My day was going fine until I accidentally saw myself in a reflection.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100454 on: January 04, 2016, 03:44:14 am »

You should read "How to talk about books you haven't read". I haven't read it, so my recommendation is insincere, but...
There were a couple of books I had to write essays on for highschool that I never read/only read parts thereof, and still managed to bullshit my way through to getting high marks. In other words, it's doable, just listen to what other people say first, and then twist words a little so it sounds like you've god new ideas when it reality it's just paraphrasing.

E: It occurs to me that the teacher probably realised that. The essays were pretty obviously bullshit, but for someone who hadn't studied the book, it would seem like a reasonable interpretation. Maybe she was trying to make me pursue a career in journalism or something.

My day was going fine until I accidentally saw myself in a reflection.
Dude you need to stop hating your appearance.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:47:26 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6695 6696 [6697] 6698 6699 ... 8169