Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Gobbos  (Read 988 times)

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding Gobbos
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:24:18 am »

I want to mod goblins to siege more often, be stronger, and attack in greater number. Any tips on what I should change? Just a hardcore siegeing goblin race, Kind of like orcs, but weaker and attack in huge swarms very often. I have to much FUN with orcs.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Gobbos
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:47:09 pm »

To make them 'stronger' add [DAMBLOCK:1] to [CREATURE:GOBLIN] in the creature_standard file. A higher number will cause them to take less damage. Increasing [SIZE:6] will cause them to do more damage. Adding [NOFEAR] will cause them to keep fighting when they'd normally flee.

Adding [SIEGER] to [ENTITY:EVIL] in the entity_default file may cause them to siege more. Adding [SIEGER] and removing [BABYSNATCHER] is alleged to cause them to seige earlier, possibly as soon as they would normally send snatchers. They may attack more often and/or with larger groups if you increase the values for [MAX_POP_NUMBER] and [MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER].

Most of the entity changes are guesses based the wiki info, but since nobody else responded I figured I'd give it a shot.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:25:58 pm »

Adding [SIEGER] to [ENTITY:EVIL] in the entity_default file may cause them to siege more. Adding [SIEGER] and removing [BABYSNATCHER] is alleged to cause them to seige earlier, possibly as soon as they would normally send snatchers...
This will actually cause them to not automatically wage war; to keep an attacker intrinsically hostile you either need to take away their speech or give them babysnatcher (itemsnatcher probably would work too, altho I've never tried that).  Otherwise Ziusudra's advice is right on the money; the only options I might also mention are to increase the speed (which is a matter of making the number in the creature raw file smaller) or to add [NO_PAIN] or [NO_FEAR].  If they start wiping out weaker races in worldgen, bump their [CHILD:] age up, in my experience that's the best and possibly only way to change their birthrate.

Need_More_War!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 07:41:11 pm »

Thanks for your help guys