Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 33996 times)

Vahan

Re: Dragon Age: Origins
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 06:00:45 pm »

I'd advise all European / British players to be wary of this, until EA confirms whether or not TSP DLC is in the retail box for us.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2009, 10:15:58 pm »

Wow, the reviews so far for dragon Age, have been genuinely good: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/dragonageorigins, I quite enjoyed reading the latest PC gamer review and believe it is going to be a great game despite all of this negativeness I have been seeing towards it. 1 Day till release, having pre-ordered, I am getting quite excited.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2009, 10:36:41 pm »

Of course it got good reviews from mainstream critics.  It's a Bioware game published by EA.  That doesn't really say much abuot the game's quality though.  Well except that since they liked it I probably won't...
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2009, 10:47:17 pm »

Considering it's a Bioware game you can be sure the game will be of excellent quality.

The question is not if it will be good quality (As an EA Bioware Triple A game, it will be), the question is will it be worth buying?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2009, 11:19:28 pm »

Of course it got good reviews from mainstream critics.  It's a Bioware game published by EA.  That doesn't really say much abuot the game's quality though.  Well except that since they liked it I probably won't...

Yes yes, the entire mainstream video game culture is under the thumb of EA. We get it.  :P
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2009, 11:32:30 pm »

Yes yes, the entire mainstream video game culture is under the thumb of EA. We get it.  :P

No no.  The entire mainstream video game media is under the thumb of the mainstream video game industry at worst, and totally incompetent at best.  That's why reviewers regularly completely ignore obvious flaws in big budget, big name games and give them 10/10 scores.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:35:10 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2009, 11:35:30 pm »

No no.  The entire mainstream video game media is under the thumb of the mainstream video game industry at worst, and totally incompetent at best.  That's why reviewers regularly completely ignore obvious flaws in big budget, big name games and give them 10/10 scores.
Yes yes, the entire mainstream video game culture is under the thumb of the mainstream video game industry. We get it.  :P

There, then.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2009, 11:41:14 pm »

Well, I saw some streaming of Dragon Age earlier, and I wasn't exactly awestruck by it, so I don't think it's going to be on the top of my to buy list anytime soon.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2009, 11:42:39 pm »

Yes yes, the entire mainstream video game culture is under the thumb of the mainstream video game industry. We get it.  :P

There, then.

There what?  You just made the same meaningless statement but replaced EA with mainstream video game industry. :-\

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2009, 11:45:00 pm »

Maybe because EA is a major part of the mainstream video game industry?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2009, 11:45:45 pm »

We're trying to make the point that we're tired about hearing people complain over the power Publishers wield, actual or imaginary.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2009, 11:47:00 pm »

Yes. Yes I did. Also I believe this is the second time we've had this same exact conversation, but on a different topic.  :P

What I'm saying is you are very paranoid.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2009, 11:51:52 pm »

If you've got a better explanation for why game reviewers refuse to mention the flaws of big budget mainstream games and give them 10 of 10 scores and get fired if they don't then I'm all ears.

And before you tell me that you've never heard of anything like that so it must not be true, consider that ignorance is not a solid argument.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2009, 11:55:05 pm »

I would have to see said reviews first. I don't watch many in my spare time. And besides, not everyone has no integrity. I'm sure some reviewers are just plain stupid. In fact I'm sure many are. Many people are stupid, after all.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2009, 11:58:55 pm »

Or it's possible that the reviewers are reviewing for a mainstream audience and mainstream audiences like the games?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23