Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: What's Your First Post???  (Read 7627 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your First Post???
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 03:55:16 pm »

Reasonableman... Dare I say it...

That's unreasonable.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 04:14:42 pm »

It is perfectly reasonable, so I refute your claim to the lack of reason behind the reasonmans statement by pointing out that it was Reasonableman who said it.

But yeah, goddam. I also posted a demotivational! Without spoilers! What the hell is wrong with me?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2009, 04:29:39 pm »

Yeah!  I was BROKING BECK THEN./

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 06:44:04 pm »

My first post...

Abandon fortress, restart...

Whenever I start a new fortress, I always aim for about a year's supply of consumables. 60 units of food and 120 units of booze will support 7 dwarves for a little over a year.

Some other newbie had embarked without picks on a plant-less biome, no water, and had just run out of booze.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 08:31:35 pm »

Mine oldest...

This sounds like fun... does it matter if you aren't too good at the game? if not, i want to take a whack at it  ;D

Not the greatest post, but it's the attitude I take to all successions.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »

Just met a mayor called (first name) Punchmortal. He must be a nice fellow...

Huh. He does sound rather nice, doesn't he?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 08:47:05 pm »

What about extracts? can an animal extract be given any sort of temperature interaction other than "light on fire" ? if so then dumping "cold-spider-extract" into the water might have an effect...

the subject of temperature in DF led me here... the wiki did not help me riddle through exactly what interacts how temperaturewise.

..and was sadly dissapointed when I found out that the dumping dwarf would freeze before the extract left his hands. I still think we need more info on how to create subtl differences in temperature.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 09:58:41 am »

Yeah!  I was BROKING BECK THEN./

no way my post is the best of all, it was in tacticus

Technically, it wasn't my first post, but the 2007 forum move killed the real one so that one assumed the throne!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 10:41:43 am »

TACTICUS was like, "WOAH."  It's just like......read it.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2009, 03:54:09 pm »

Forums ate my first 200 posts. But this is the second to first one it still has:

Alright, I know a lot of people dream about DF because it's a very imagination-based game and you do a lot of planning about it. But this was ... weird.
The game was obviously a game still, but in actual 3D, with the concept of blocks conserved. So it wasn't HL2, it was DF, just in a 3D model. The dwarves, for example, were 3D dwarf faces

Second, it was multiplayer. I never got to see the other player's dwarves, though.

Third, I didn't build part of the play area - it was an underground space that I assumed was a mirror of the other player's premade space.

So the game revolved around military dwarves and civilian dwarves. There was a standard type of gameplay going on, but I would occasionally offer a dwarf to be evaluated by ... something. This something would decide if the dwarf should be military or civilian. After the decision, the offered dwarf went off to the play area that was static and that I didn't build. I could then no longer control him, just watch what was going on over there.

Over in the computer-controlled section, our dwarves were still separate. But the civilian dwarves were running around gathering supplies and stuff, like they normally do. And the military dwarves were jumping on a huge drum. If the drum beat enough, it would summon Armok and destroy the other player's dwarves.

I was restless all night, kept waking up, and kept coming back to the dream. Armok never showed up. I guess that's what I get for picking up a dream at v1.0 huh?

I totally forgot about this one.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2009, 05:03:28 pm »

I just thought I should share this thing, because I think this hasn't been done before and it is just fun, interesting, wacky and pretty damn useless and stupid.  :)

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-254-pluggingthevolcanowithbucketfulsofwater
Here we go, almost back 2 years, I think I snatched the third place in the old fogey contest.

I don't really feel dumb about this post, though it is rather short and wouldn't really merit for it's own thread nowadays (and probably not even back then). Also, checking the thread out earlier, I was happy to notice that Sean Mirrsen was one of my first contacts here.

I finished the plug and I'm still waiting for volcano gas pressure to be implemented. Also, I still don't know if the whole thing is a bug.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:04:15 am by LASD »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2009, 05:45:03 pm »

one of my engravers in my epic fort has decided to carve out a series of pictures depicting some guys life... possibly his. His personality tells me that he's a traditionalist with strong urges and short term satisfaction. His first picture was a dwarf and a cage. the dwarf was raising the cage. The next two were of a dwarf being surround by other dwarves. The one after that was the dwarf being refused by the surrounding dwarfs and him/her feeling dejected. The one after that was a dwarf still surrounded by other dwarfs making plaintive gestures... what are you guys takes on this? i find it really interesting. possibly him expressing his feelings through pictures? or is this to much detail for DF?

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=522.msg4874#msg4874

Edit: forgot to add a reason why i posted it.

Yeah, this was one of my first proper fortresses. And I think i was looking into it too much, and decided hey, interesting story. Might aswell let people see what it was about. It was a pretty crazy fort if i recall.

And this isn't super me dumb. But i enjoyed looking back through my old posts. Thanks toony for reminding me to do so.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 05:47:37 pm by Nilocy »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]