Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What's Your First Post???  (Read 7629 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
What's Your First Post???
« on: October 11, 2009, 02:36:50 am »

Quote your first post and explain what it's about.

My dwarves are so hardcore they all sleep on one bed,<B>at the same time!</B>         There's 3 dead dwarves on the bed too....<p>[ February 28, 2008: Message edited by: ToonyMan ]

Badass dwarves are badass.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your First Post???
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 02:40:14 am »

I had just started a new fortress and I saw the bed symbols while looking around. I hoped that I didn't end up next to some village or something and when I looked I saw this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think it's an incomplete bridge... The area to it's left is a waterfall, and it's ramps lead to another built section of it, as you can see.

I saw a bridge in the wild and was confused.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 02:44:23 am »

My first posts aren't in my profile. How odd.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 02:47:01 am »

Huh, tough choice.<P> Fire versus River.<P> Bah, who needs them? All I need is my mountains.

I really don't think this is my first post here. Whatever.
 Boy how our religious topics have devolved.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 02:50:03 am »

-insert RtD setup post here-

Um, yeah.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 02:53:24 am »

My post list only goes back to my second post.
I'll join, but I'm an Ausse so I probably won't be online at the same time as anyone else. Will that be a problem?
My first was probably signing up for some other mafia.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 03:00:16 am »

Looking back, it was a very plain post in a "how many DF installations do you have?" thread way back in January of this year.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 03:00:37 am »

The "List of Posts" link in my profile seems to segregate posts by section before date, making it very hard to navigate.  But I remember my first post very clearly.  It was a mistaken bug report about bag pricing.  I'm not going to quote it because it was stupid, but I'll quote this other post from three days later that I'm much more proud of.

"Hail Lord of these great halls, and thank you for the honor of allowing-"

"Yes, hail and all that.  What be your trade lad?"

"Have you any fish in need of dissection?"

"Bloody useless!  Well, I've got an eel what needs squeezing, but it's the halls for you.  Grab those boulders out the path and throw them to the pits."

"With pleasure, new Lord.  -HURK-  It... will... be... ...!  I MUST CRAFT!"

"Ere what?  Oi!  I told you to dump that stone!"

Days pass...

"Behold, new fellows, my awesome skill, and feast your eyes upon Worrieddipped the Mortifaction of Adventure, the greatest mug ye shall ever see!"

"Tis a fine cup lad, but the greatest mug I'll ever see is in me mirror.  Now get yer beard back in that workshop.  You'll rid us of stone one way or another."

Edited for updated forum software.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 03:25:42 am »

When playing the game, I found that something was missing. I couldn't really identify it at first, but then I caught it on my third adventure. There are no medusas or basilisks! Nothing that can turn you to stone. I want to have a creature, that when it fights anything in melee combat (with eyes), it turns that thing into a very high quality statue (with a description of what that thing really was). I want to have it set up so you can use said statues like any other, and that a character looking at a Stoned family member or friend will be sad or horrified. I want a medusa/basilisk to be able to trap itself by stoning characters surrounding it. I want it to be possible to trap/tame/train a medusa or basilisk. So if you put it in a zoo, anyone visiting will turn to stone, and you can unleash it upon monsters and traders (stoning a bunch of elves only to sell those really high quality statues to the human traders). How to defeat a medusa/basilisk would be to equip a mirror shield (incomplete immunity), blindfold, or use ranged attack. Having one's eyes gouged out by another monster would also make one immune.
  Obviously, the set up involving this is far more complicated than can be accomplished in a mod. So, I am hoping that the Toady One will look at this and see if it can be added. I need my medusas as much as one can need something in a video game!

I still want this.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 03:31:59 am »

Quote from: Grek
How do you die of thirst while drowning?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 03:44:40 am »

Awesome story.

Yup, that's it, just two words in Nist Akath.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 05:18:43 am »

I started DF because of Boatmurdered, but I joined these forums because of Nist Akath.

Thanks for the incredible dedication (30+ game years for goodness' sakes!) you've shown to finishing this ridiculously awesome community fort.

Yeah, just popped in to say that.

I, too, am a Nist Akath baby.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 06:13:52 am »

"8 regions rejected"<P>could you see "0 regions rejected" message?

My post list is missing 4 posts :/

This one is posted in a thread where we were posting the lowest possible number of rejects

Compared to ya'll I'm some sort of elder or something  ;D
I think only VIP's like Armok have been around longer.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 06:21:00 am »

Let's just say, I regret that my first post was made withut searching. It is however, fairly self explanatory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 07:17:02 am »

Mine was a retarded question.  Yay!

I have been playing for a (very) short while now, and on planting my first field I seem to have hit a snag.  I have planted it on subterranian clay, and my farmers had no problem building it.  However, now I can't seem to ask them to plant anything except for Dimple Cups (I have none).  This is why.

I press q.  I go to the farm.  I can press a, b, c or d to select a season, but when I press up or down to select the thing I want I find it instead moves the cursor around.  If I press enter, Dimple Cups are selected.  Pressing f seems to do nothing, and z just deselects Dimple Cups.

Thanks in advance for any help.
+ and - keys ftw.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4