Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Child snatched from group of armed guards, no one notices  (Read 948 times)

Kelsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d] Child snatched from group of armed guards, no one notices
« on: October 10, 2009, 05:03:18 pm »

Now I noticed a similar to post to this before... but nothing indicating any type of resolution.

Basically a snatcher managed to snatch a child who was sharing a tile with a powerful military dwarf (Very Strong, Agile, Unbelievably Tough, High Master Wrestler); standing next to at least two (possibly three) other dwarves (a Extremely Strong, Very Agile, Very Tough, Legendary Wrestler; a Agile, Very Tough, Skilled Axedwarf; and a Agile, Tough, Competent Axedwarf) all standing on a station right outside my front door.  And at lest two, probably four war dogs.

One of my military female dwarves is my most powerful fighter and now promoted to captain of the guard as well as being a champion.  She has been having children left and right.  She has given birth to 4 children since coming to my fort, all while on active military duty, and always carried them with her everywhere while they were babies.  Now, not once, but twice a baby has been snatched from her arms while she was on patrol.  Actually she was stationary the second time. 

Yes I know goblin snatchers are supposed to be sneaky... but sneaky enough to pull an infant out of the arms of the best wrestler my fortress has to offer?  Without her noticing?  While surrounded by 3 other military dwarves (at least one other champion) and war dogs?  That seems a little far fetched.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Child snatched from group of armed guards, no one notices
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 03:35:35 am »

It's possible there's a bug there, but also possible that the snatcher just got very lucky (which might still indicate a balance problem of some kind).  Anyway, the current stealth system is a placeholder, so it'll get replaced, though I can't say when.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 06:22:31 pm »

Obviously you need to employ a few cardinals in your defenses.

Kelsa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:15:44 pm »

Yes they seem to be much better at detecting those goblin sneaks then my military.  What am I paying them for any way?