Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tweak  (Read 626 times)

Angellus

Tweak
« on: October 10, 2009, 04:43:10 pm »

Is there a version of Tweak available that works with 40d16?
I would like to have magma to get my fort off the ground but after 4 years of searching the guys still do not have the lower z-level cleared :( (I should have magma (pipe)).

Anyway, I'm searching for Tweak for 40d16, or something similar.
Anyone know something about this?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Tweak
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:23:18 pm »

If you're willing to use Tweak, then you shouldn't have a problem with running Reveal - just make a backup copy of your fort (just in case), run Reveal, note the location of the magma, Ctrl+Alt+Del and End Task the game, then restart the game and load your fortress (which should still be unrevealed).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 09:40:15 pm »

I think Dtil works with 40d.

Just copy your save game to the 40d folder, run it, use the tools, save it, copy it to your 40d16 folder again.

piesquared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 11:18:38 pm »

Clearing out the bottom level isn't the way to go about it. Each embark tile is 48x48 and if you have a magma pipe in an embark tile it will be in the center of that tile. Locate the center of each embark tile and sink a shaft of stairways down half a dozen levels or so at a time until one of them finds the top of the pipe.

Angellus

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 01:56:30 am »

Clearing out the bottom level isn't the way to go about it. Each embark tile is 48x48 and if you have a magma pipe in an embark tile it will be in the center of that tile. Locate the center of each embark tile and sink a shaft of stairways down half a dozen levels or so at a time until one of them finds the top of the pipe.
Smart one.

Thanks for the responses all!
I thought that reveal was only compatible with versions long ago? Is there a new version?