Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Religious people, make yourselves known!  (Read 64102 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Religious people, make yourselves known!
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2009, 05:02:16 pm »

Odd. I didn't know people still compared us to Hitler youth. But considering that the deprogrammers got to her(I have issues with them independent from the shenanigans of the 80's), I can see the hatred towards us. Anything else I have to say on the subject was made in the Sad thread.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Quixim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 29, 2009, 03:57:56 am »

Rinzai Zen Buddhist.

I spend a lot of time sitting around.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2009, 04:12:13 am »

Well, just plain christian really. Not catholic/protestant/lutheran/any of that stuff, just plain christian. Sure, there's a few beliefs i have that differ from some people like...

God has no 'physical' form per se, but he is a spirit-A unification of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. I also believe that redemption through god is possible, but you can't go to him on your deathbed, as it's not like that. I was at a service on sunday night about a week ago, and they asked the pastor about the people who hadn't heard of god, like people in Africa, or China. The answer disgruntled me. He said he believed they had gotten a chance-And have they all, really gotten a chance to even hear of god? No. I'm sure God has something worked out for them, though.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 29, 2009, 04:16:22 am »

Atheist.

I don't believe in god specifically because its what i want to believe.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 29, 2009, 09:57:11 pm »

Agnostic Theist, but Roman Catholic in culture.

Jualin

• Bay Watcher
  • What's that sound?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 29, 2009, 10:29:00 pm »

Deist, with a very loose interpretation of Judeo-Christian and Neo-Pagan beliefs.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 29, 2009, 11:10:33 pm »

Norse Pagan in a "whatever the hell I want Norse Pagan to mean" kinda way. The other day I performed a ritual to cleanse the evil spirit of a building (it was an evil building) and it worked. Was quite the battle, though, it fought back hard.

AND I'm not kidding. I performed a ritual against a spirit, and it attacked me and my attending clansman to try to protect itself. But we persevered and defeated it. 100% truth.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 30, 2009, 01:17:43 am »

Huh. Hardest fight I've ever had with an evil spirit was trying to find the sage in my spice cabinet.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 30, 2009, 03:21:09 am »

Some form of agnostic... I don't really bother with religion and I don't care a heck of a lot about the existence or nonexistence of a god. That said, I find it interesting to learn about all the different religions and their beliefs. Speculating is also fun... what if what some religion thinks of as god exists as a mathematical formula? Would they call it god?

Eventually you realize that it is most likely we are in a life simulator and everyone is worshiping beings that probably don't care about our well being.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 30, 2009, 03:26:42 am »

I don't believe in any religions, but I don't NOT believe in any religions.
Hooray for whatever that is.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #220 on: December 30, 2009, 04:53:13 am »

Catholic, born and raised.

Oh yeah, wall 'o' text warning BTW. Spoiler'd for convenience.

"I have no intention to convert anybody; I only want them to understand."

Reference(s): (until I can list more, this'll do for now)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrament

ADDITIONAL NOTE:
Oddly enough; as much into my faith I am; I am plenty observant to other faiths, seeing how they work; gaining a better outside observance and deeper respect and understanding of them. In a way, though I am raised to believe in the one true God, Father almighty, maker of Heaven and Earth... (and so on); I always have a feeling He isn't the only of His kind to exist. Though I am monotheist, I still consider the possibility other gods have existed, or still do as well (I just won't worship them; that's where it stays monotheism). Heck, I even try to consider that the Bible hasn't been fully understood from all angles as well. So, basically, I go with my gut in how I should believe. I mean, I am devout in my faith enough, but I also consider my own path to do His bidding. My faith may teach dependency on Him, but I try to prove that we can call for His help when we need him; not when it's convenient, despite what the Bible states. If He's our Father, then like one, He should be proud of our progress, but give us proper punishment when we're practically asking for it (Old Testament made a good point of that).

Just remember, not all Catholics are strippers in costume, nor lazy in our following, or taking up good parking spaces. We're just more laid back, but if challenged, can hit hard in response; mostly with non-violent prayer, albeit; however there are those more aggressive, they're just much harder to find and provoke. But yeah, to provoke one is like crossing a mama bear and her cub. You'll be lucky if you can still walk.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 03:07:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 30, 2009, 07:06:21 am »

Christian, but not the uptight sort.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #222 on: December 30, 2009, 08:32:01 am »

I don't believe in god specifically because its what i want to believe.

This.  I'd love to believe in a nice god, but I just can't reconcile theism with apparent reality.  I was raised in a very religious family, but have slowly lapsed into nihilistic atheism. 
You have struck Microcline!

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 30, 2009, 10:44:17 am »

I'm an acceptasist.  :P

I religiously believe that multi god-like forces created and currently control everything in multi time spacial existance and accepts the way everything and me the way it is.

Godlike forces dont need names so they dont have any.
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2009, 11:22:41 am »

I was brought up as a follower of Wingull, but my disappointment with established dogma eventually caused me to evolve as a practitioner of Pelipper.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20