Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Religious people, make yourselves known!  (Read 64140 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Religious people, make yourselves known!
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2009, 02:58:06 am »

I'm no good at subtle ones!

La Purga is a dark stain on this churches history. I'm not surprised this ghost has returned to haunt us in pretty good books and pretty good if nonsensical movies.

Our church has much to answer for.

Jack, so far we're up to Galileo. And that was John Paul II, who would have been pretty progressive if he hadn't been crippled by the influence of the other Bishops.

With Benedict the 16th I'm pretty sure we'll be taking a step backwards. :(
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2009, 03:02:54 am »

Shutupshutup Langdon is speaking.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2009, 03:22:04 am »

Actually, I've heard rumours that Roman Catholics are more... nazi than the other christian religions.

From what I've seen, as soon as any religion holds unquestionable power over anything, they could get quite nazi. It's not just with roman catholics :(

Personally, my own stance has been to confront those people at their own game, which was why I read up on theology. There's a loophole that allows people to make up anything on the spot, though, and I can't be bothered to disprove them. It's like fighting against someone pointing to something on Wikipedia, but I can't use the [citation needed] argument against them.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2009, 03:24:00 am »

Yes! Theology is very worthwhile.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2009, 03:29:52 am »

basically I quote russel's teapot at them and they start having seizures.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2009, 08:57:23 am »

Jack, so far we're up to Galileo. And that was John Paul II, who would have been pretty progressive if he hadn't been crippled by the influence of the other Bishops.

With Benedict the 16th I'm pretty sure we'll be taking a step backwards. :(

...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2009, 08:58:27 am »

Yes, exactly. He terrifies me with his intolerance.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2009, 09:04:03 am »

I forgot to mention another thing that happened on that retreat. After all the aforementioned things occurred, one of the counselors brought out all the boys and encouraged us all to join the Army.
!!&!!

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2009, 09:09:25 am »

Oh yeah.
I'm attempting to make an Islamic Inquisition plan.

If this work, INA will be phased out of the world map.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2009, 09:12:33 am »

I forgot to mention another thing that happened on that retreat. After all the aforementioned things occurred, one of the counselors brought out all the boys and encouraged us all to join the Army.

What.

Okay, seriously. Which country is this? That's horrible, what they put you guys through.

This sort of thing doesn't happen in the Philippines, which may be the reason our Catholics are so mellow. Heck, even our terrorists are mellow compared to everyone else's terrorists.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2009, 09:15:58 am »

I read your Terrorists as Tourists for a second, which I was inclined to agree to. This post is made in relation to DC tourists(And moreso tourists from Virgina) who are goddam crazy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:20:32 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:23 am »

Our tourists are also more mellow, yes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2009, 12:41:41 pm »

Goodness, what crazy crazy place that must have been.

I am kinda happy I was in one of those nicer places >.>

Though there was one kid who question the religion in school who I gave a hard time. Looking back at it I don't think that was the reason why I gave him a hard time (because where I lived Catholic Schools were so great, or public schools so bad, that we had a large number of non-catholic children and I didn't really care about them) was because he was a total Klepto who stole my things and somewhat of a jerk to boot.

I actually think he is a Kleptomaniac or just some sort of weird amoral person. He had no reason to steal my videogame and break it to peices later... (that was before I gave him a hard time)

I also heard (from him) that he takes people's unguarded paintball guns at paintball places.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2009, 01:58:27 pm »

So, since we're all focused on the catholics and how evil they are, I figure now is the best time to mention I'm Lutheran.  :-\

But honestly, I don't know why people hate Catholics. I go to a non-denominational Christian church, and even they hate Catholics. Our 10th grade history textbooks give a 4 page essay on why Catholics are wrong and have been corrupted by Satan, and why it is so sad that as long as the Pope is in power the poor people can not be shown the true path...

Our school doesn't even hate on Mormons this much!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2009, 02:00:19 pm »

^^^ I can't imagine Lutherans hating Catholics THAT much.  As far as I can tell, they share most of their traditions and only differ on a few somewhat obscure theological points, which kind of puts the whole Reformation thing in perspective.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:02:43 pm by Footkerchief »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20