Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Parallel World Mafia - Alpha: It's all over!  (Read 26348 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Parallel World Mafia - Alpha: Day 4 They die anyway
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2009, 10:30:01 pm »

Hooray.

Provide evidence, please.

... Other than Webadict's cop results.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2009, 10:40:52 pm »

Also, Webadict:

I don't believe that you'd be relying that heavily on your role.  The first roleblock should have tipped you off and lead you to scumhunt... but instead, we're wasting our time.

Further, ExKirby needs to get out here.  Mod, consider a prod if he's gone for too much longer?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2009, 11:12:07 pm »

Also, Webadict:

I don't believe that you'd be relying that heavily on your role.  The first roleblock should have tipped you off and lead you to scumhunt... but instead, we're wasting our time.

Further, ExKirby needs to get out here.  Mod, consider a prod if he's gone for too much longer?

I told you. My result is, essentially, meaningless. I can't trust it, but I CAN trust what I'm feeling from people that are talking. I told you, you're scummy. Hence, I'm going after you. This whole thing is fairly straightforward and you're making it so roundabout that it's becoming overly stupid. Instead of being like that, try looking in front of you.

But, you're right. We should all claim.

Also, unvote. Either you're the stupidest townie I've ever seen or really good at making yourself confused scum.

ExKirby, what's up? Where have you been?

Pandarsenic, who's scum, and why do you trust my Cop claim?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2009, 11:18:56 pm »

Also, Webadict:

I told you. My result is, essentially, meaningless. I can't trust it, but I CAN trust what I'm feeling from people that are talking. I told you, you're scummy. Hence, I'm going after you. This whole thing is fairly straightforward and you're making it so roundabout that it's becoming overly stupid. Instead of being like that, try looking in front of you.

All right, I'll try to remove my head from the clouds.  Thanks for the advice.

This thing is fairly straightforward, except for the part where first you say "I'm not scum-hunting because I'm leaning too heavily on my role" and then you say "my role is meaningless."  That's rather contradictory.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2009, 11:30:50 pm »

Also, Webadict:

All right, I'll try to remove my head from the clouds.  Thanks for the advice.

This thing is fairly straightforward, except for the part where first you say "I'm not scum-hunting because I'm leaning too heavily on my role" and then you say "my role is meaningless."  That's rather contradictory.
Okay... let's slow down for you.

I am a Cop.

I got an inspect on you.

It said "Mafia."

I think "Mafia."

This gives me a person to vote for. That's the names in Red <-- This color.

I also think "Maybe wrong?"

I vote anyway.

I check to see if Vector town or not from response.

Vector act like dumb town. Vector probably is dumb town. (AKA Not doubting myself.)

My role isn't important. It only is a means of who to look for.

It could be right. That's why I check.

Or we could all be morons. That might work too. So does shooting ourselves. That also works.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2009, 11:36:24 pm »

GAH.

Okay.  I still think you're saying contradictory things, but I'm going to wait for the rest of the town/scum to show up so they can interpret your bloody commentary and see if I'm nuts or not.

UnvotePandarsenic, I still want to know what's up, and now I'm getting more impatient.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2009, 11:50:05 pm »

ExKirby has been prodded.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2009, 12:05:26 am »

GAH.

Okay.  I still think you're saying contradictory things, but I'm going to wait for the rest of the town/scum to show up so they can interpret your bloody commentary and see if I'm nuts or not.

UnvotePandarsenic, I still want to know what's up, and now I'm getting more impatient.
... This.

This will make you lose. Did you really just give up? Just like that? Friggin' breeze pushed you away? If you're going to back down from every person you vote for, you're not very useful. Come on. CONTINUE. You're not always going to have back up on your claims. Instead of trying to side with the majority (Ergo, making you look MORE scummy), try finding information on your own.

Otherwise, you're useless.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2009, 12:23:04 am »

Web, you're not off the hook yet. I still think that you are scum, and your tirade has yet to convince me otherwise.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2009, 12:43:19 am »

GAH.

... This.

This will make you lose. Did you really just give up? Just like that? Friggin' breeze pushed you away? If you're going to back down from every person you vote for, you're not very useful. Come on. CONTINUE. You're not always going to have back up on your claims. Instead of trying to side with the majority (Ergo, making you look MORE scummy), try finding information on your own.

Otherwise, you're useless.

If I tell you I still can't understand you, you're just going to get angry and call me stupid again, and give me a load of information I understand but doesn't address what I'm asking.  Starting a big fight just because I can't understand you isn't worth it.  I'd rather let other people's brains run the statement in question, and I'll look at the other ones.  There's no need to make both of us confused and angry--me because I can't understand how things fit together, you because you can't understand how I could possibly be so stupid.

No matter our alignment, such a fight is pointless.

If I attack Pandarsenic, I might actually get something out of it.  I've called him out a couple of times, and now it's time to vote for him.  I'm not saying I'm not watching you.  I'm saying that my voting for you at this juncture appears useless.  Pandarsenic got a free ride last time because I wasn't vigilant enough.  This time around, I intend to be more careful.

As I said, I think he's acting like scum, and he's the one of whom I am more certain.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2009, 12:44:51 am »

Fine.

This is my question: "Why have you been lurking so much?  It's clear that your role isn't exactly worth relying on."

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2009, 02:40:26 am »

Oh, I know I'm scummy and make no sense.  I'm just not scum.  Also, are you seriously voting me just because I piss you off and look too scummy?

This. This is why I'm voting for you. I don't buy "I'm too scummy to be scum" as a defense.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2009, 03:00:35 am »

Oh, I know I'm scummy and make no sense.  I'm just not scum.  Also, are you seriously voting me just because I piss you off and look too scummy?

This. This is why I'm voting for you. I don't buy "I'm too scummy to be scum" as a defense.

It's not "I'm too scummy to be scum."  That's ridiculous.  I'm saying "I know I look incredibly scummy, whether I'm town or scum, and yes, I know I say some things that sound absolutely ludicrous.  I happen to be town this time, for whatever my statement's worth."

I see that I need to clarify my statement--I meant "Are you seriously voting me just because I piss you off and I, as a player, consistently appear scummy."

If you think that I'm acting more scummy than usual, then vote me by all means.  If I'm just the same person I usually am, and you want to calibrate your Vector scum-dar... well, I think that's something that should have happened some other day, when the town could afford it, but I understand it.

If you think you've gotten a good read on me, but you're voting me just because you don't feel like finding a more elusive scumball... then get to work and find someone else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2009, 03:06:17 am »

Hmmm.

Unvote.

I'll need to compare you to in other games before I can solidly assess that, and by "compare" I mean "Play TF2 for a while, wake up late, and panic to get my Linguistics assignment finished."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2009, 11:02:44 am »

Web, you're not off the hook yet. I still think that you are scum, and your tirade has yet to convince me otherwise.
Ah. I see you're going to lurk and call me scum from the sidelines. Nice. I'm sure you could do a little more than that, can't you? Because that's simply active lurking. If you're going to accuse me, do it right.

eduren, why did NUKE9.13 suicide and you didn't?

Fine.

This is my question: "Why have you been lurking so much?  It's clear that your role isn't exactly worth relying on."
Well... because having a role like this might, in fact, come in handy were I to find a scum. Of course, it would've been more helpful the first two Days, when my inspection results could be tested. Now it's just good old-fashioned logic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17