Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Parallel World Mafia - Alpha: It's all over!  (Read 26343 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Parallel World Mafia - Alpha: Day 2 We're saved! Replacement found
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2009, 07:34:30 pm »

They are about to get some prods.

But for now, we have a replacement!  Eduren will be replacing for Servant Corps.

In response, the deadline will go back to the original time.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2009, 07:40:42 pm »

Just going through the posts, I'll give you my thoughts soon. (Also trying to get used to this crazy Parallel business)
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2009, 07:44:23 pm »

Going through it, it seems almost everyone has posted just about one post in at least one world.  Almost no one, though, is scumhunting.

So the game is live.  The town, though....
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2009, 07:50:37 pm »

Psh, we're scumhunting at a certain rate. Big baby...

ExKirby, what do you think happened?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2009, 07:59:02 pm »

You ain't searching for nothing.

Now NSBM can hunt the scum from a mansion cleaned by Ajax.

Vote Count:
Nuke9.13[1]: ExKirby

Not Voting: All else

Deadline: Friday, 16th 11am EST

Requests to Extend day will be accepted if 4 requests (from both worlds combined) are made with no objections
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2009, 08:01:22 pm »

Vote Count:
Nuke9.13[1]: ExKirby
Kirby has 2 votes on him.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2009, 08:02:29 pm »

Nevermind: He has one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2009, 08:15:28 pm »

:( ...

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2009, 08:55:49 pm »

Webadict, you are being uncharacteristically passive.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2009, 09:21:37 pm »

Yeah.  So, here's my suggestion.

I think we should scumhunt in beta, but we might want to NL for a while.  We've got one scum down over there, so power roles should focus on things in alpha.

Also:

What the hell, Webadict?  Are you going through a midlife crisis or something?  Wake up and smell the scum!  It's time to get hunting.

Leafsnail, why are you voting ExKirby?  It'd probably better to let his own silly self take care of things.  Let's look at this situation.

• Scum.  If he's left alive overnight, then we can know with more probability that he's scum.
  • Town PR - NK'd.  There's no point in lynching him, if the scum would get him anyway.
  • Town PR - left alive for WIFOM.  We get to have the results of an additional town PR, which is always useful.

Please let me know if I'm nuts.  In any case, I feel like he's not the best person to lynch at this juncture.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2009, 09:29:48 pm »

Webadict, you are being uncharacteristically passive.
Yeah, it's a new thing.

You were replacing Servant Corps, right? Meh.

I'm really kinda missing the whole debating thing we used to have here.

I guess I could make everyone angry by yelling at them.

Leafsnail, you came in here and voted and then left. How is that helpful?

Yeah.  So, here's my suggestion.

I think we should scumhunt in beta, but we might want to NL for a while.  We've got one scum down over there, so power roles should focus on things in alpha.

Also:

What the hell, Webadict?  Are you going through a midlife crisis or something?  Wake up and smell the scum!  It's time to get hunting.

Leafsnail, why are you voting ExKirby?  It'd probably better to let his own silly self take care of things.  Let's look at this situation.

• Scum.  If he's left alive overnight, then we can know with more probability that he's scum.
  • Town PR - NK'd.  There's no point in lynching him, if the scum would get him anyway.
  • Town PR - left alive for WIFOM.  We get to have the results of an additional town PR, which is always useful.

Please let me know if I'm nuts.  In any case, I feel like he's not the best person to lynch at this juncture.
... You friggin' ninja'd.

Also, why should we NL in the other world? You're obviously confirmed, so how does that help?

And no, you're right. Leafsnail voted for ExKirby after ExKirby said he was a Power Role, which means he has a reason to want the person gone for little reason. It's unlikely that ExKirby was scum, and so to lynch him on whatever reason he's going for is stupid.

I'll get back to it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2009, 09:34:27 pm »

Also, why should we NL in the other world? You're obviously confirmed, so how does that help?

And no, you're right. Leafsnail voted for ExKirby after ExKirby said he was a Power Role, which means he has a reason to want the person gone for little reason. It's unlikely that ExKirby was scum, and so to lynch him on whatever reason he's going for is stupid.

I'll get back to it.

First off, I'm not confirmed.  I can be town in one world but scum in another, remember?

... In any case, I'm town, but I figured I'd bring it up before someone else does.

My reasoning is that we don't want that game to end much faster than this one does.  If we can use our Beta roles to help us scumhunt in Alpha, we'd have a much better chance of winning.  Plus, it'll be easier to pick out scum in Beta if there are fewer of us over there, so I figure we should try to even the score in Alpha before killing our Beta-scum/town off.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2009, 09:39:30 pm »

I'll get back to it.

First off, I'm not confirmed.  I can be town in one world but scum in another, remember?

... In any case, I'm town, but I figured I'd bring it up before someone else does.

My reasoning is that we don't want that game to end much faster than this one does.  If we can use our Beta roles to help us scumhunt in Alpha, we'd have a much better chance of winning.  Plus, it'll be easier to pick out scum in Beta if there are fewer of us over there, so I figure we should try to even the score in Alpha before killing our Beta-scum/town off.
I meant in Beta... Why should we NL in Beta...? Duh. The World you're confirmed in. Because you're dead. And it shows your alignment on death...

Hmm... Perhaps.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2009, 12:57:38 am »

Going no lynch in Beta is definitely an interesting strategy. While we'd be sacrificing one of the towns greatest powers, it could be useful for Alpha. My gut tells me that lynching is a good thing, however with this unique situation, I'd be willing to go along with it.

Webadict, just seemed a departure from your normal behavior. However, I've seen you act across the spectrum, so I really don't know what to think. Unvote for now.

Leafsnail while what you did was scummy, I could see a town making the mistake. Please come and tell us more.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2009, 09:14:26 am »

Day extension.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17