Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Oh come on, a fish CANNOT do that...  (Read 5265 times)

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
Re: Oh come on, a fish CANNOT do that...
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 12:13:38 pm »

Wow. I think this thread just turned my carp joke into an idea which would be pretty awesome if implemented. Yogg-Saron HFS pits!  ;D
Effect: any dwarf entering the cavern instantly goes berserk.
It'd be interesting to see somebody build Ulduar on top of him.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Dante`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 09:05:58 pm »

You need to trap some carp in a glass cage, And set it in your entrance.  See if those damn sieges can get in now!!!

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 10:10:07 pm »

that picture is why we don't let armok get drunk and hang around carp

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 10:30:41 pm »

Speaking seriously, HFS pits with a significant volume of water would be extremely dangerous- I vote Urist has to kill a clown spawner that's 2 levels underwater.

Also: DF needs a lovecraft mod, now. NOW.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 11:00:09 pm »

Speaking seriously, HFS pits with a significant volume of water would be extremely dangerous- I vote Urist has to kill a clown spawner that's 2 levels underwater.

Also: DF needs a lovecraft mod, now. NOW.

Oh hell yes.
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 11:02:13 pm »

Anyone notice the Broken Chain in the very foreground, looks like someone or something broke something they weren't spos to...

Pretty much. Yogg-Saron was chained deep beneath the earth by the Titans because he and the other Old Gods had become symbiotic with the planet; killing them would also kill the planet. As such the Titans (after waging an extensive war and losing substantial forces despite outnumbering the Old Gods several thousand to one) imprisoned the Old Gods inside the planet and hoped really hard that nobody would every be stupid enough to dig down to their prisons and set them free.

Two Old Gods are confirmed to be free, or at least trying to be free, C'thun faked his own death and Yogg-Saron had his mind-controlled minions break his chains (you can see one fo the broken chains in the foreground), another Old God is suspected to be behind some serious fuckery going on in the Emerald Dream, and two more are unaccounted for, but are presumably free, considering how well the Titan's security plans have panned out so far (they havn't.)

Symbiotic in what way? Parasitic?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 11:15:10 pm »

Anyone notice the Broken Chain in the very foreground, looks like someone or something broke something they weren't spos to...

Pretty much. Yogg-Saron was chained deep beneath the earth by the Titans because he and the other Old Gods had become symbiotic with the planet; killing them would also kill the planet. As such the Titans (after waging an extensive war and losing substantial forces despite outnumbering the Old Gods several thousand to one) imprisoned the Old Gods inside the planet and hoped really hard that nobody would every be stupid enough to dig down to their prisons and set them free.

Two Old Gods are confirmed to be free, or at least trying to be free, C'thun faked his own death and Yogg-Saron had his mind-controlled minions break his chains (you can see one fo the broken chains in the foreground), another Old God is suspected to be behind some serious fuckery going on in the Emerald Dream, and two more are unaccounted for, but are presumably free, considering how well the Titan's security plans have panned out so far (they havn't.)

Symbiotic in what way? Parasitic?

Pretty much. In the early days of Azeroth's Ordering the Titans discovered that Azeroth had become infected by parasitic, necrophotic symbiotes, termed "Old Gods". When the Titans arrived to deal with the infection assessment revealed that Old God infestation had grown malignant. Excising parasites would result in loss of host. Without any other choice available to them the Titans neutralized parasitic threat and contained it within the host, chaining the Old Gods deep beneath the surface of the world.
Pages: 1 2 [3]