Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88804 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #885 on: December 28, 2009, 11:41:39 pm »

The penalties stack, the bonuses don't. Venerable age is a total of -6 to physical stats, +3 to mental stats.

Unsurprisingly, outside of certain classes and races that don't suffer aging penalties, a venerable character is rarely a good idea.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 29, 2009, 12:01:49 am »

Okay. So is my character good to go? I simply rolled for my beginning (non-age-or-race-modified) stats, but ended up with an average lower than the point buy, so it's not like it's overpowered.

When are the game sessions, and who all plays?

If it's GMT 20:00 on Sunday, that means GMT+8 is... 4:AM Monday. Well, I guess I can just go to bed early on Sunday to wake up in time  ::)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 29, 2009, 03:13:05 am »

That time sounds right, good luck with the mornings...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 29, 2009, 03:52:10 am »

I've shifted my schedule by 8 hours to wake up at 4 AM every day. I find it a decently refreshing experience.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 29, 2009, 12:02:58 pm »

Well, it's not that bad. I wake up at 5:30 anyway.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 30, 2009, 12:12:02 am »

Who the hell are you people and what have you done with the population of Earth? I have trouble waking up before 7:00AM on most days...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 30, 2009, 12:13:17 am »

I've timeshifted about 6 hours out of synch so i'm now getting up at 1pm, the game on friday should rather effectively shift me back to normal.

Yes i am using this game as a way to regulate my sleep cycle.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 30, 2009, 12:07:06 pm »

Pardon me if I sound like the new guy trying to change everything, but wouldn't the sessions be easier to do on fridays and saturdays?

That way, people in GMT -X have them before 8 PM on Friday and Saturday, and GMT +X people have them early on Saturdays and Sundays or after 8PM on Friday and Saturday.

With the current way, GMT +X people have monday sessions, which are difficult to make.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 30, 2009, 04:09:02 pm »

We tried Fridays and Saturdays, but it just didn't work out.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 30, 2009, 06:35:43 pm »

I need the day of downtime between the two games to organise shit, otherwise i'm all burnt out by the second game.

The reason i went for monday sessions for me (i'm +11) is because i'm currently on holidays, so monday sessions aren't an issue. I may or may not be able to keep my mondays free when Uni rolls around again, we'll see. But since i think i was the only GMT positive person at the time when we started, it wasn't an issue.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 31, 2009, 12:12:04 pm »

So next game is tomorrow? That is, ~27 hours?

Also, I encountered a strange term: a racial class. I understand it's a way to generate a level 1 character using a race with a Level Adjustment... but it only seems to allow you to get up to class level 17 (I'm using the drow racial class at the back of Drow of the Underdark as an example). What's with that? The way I see it, you make a level 1 character with all of your race's weaknesses but you don't get all of your race's bonuses until level 4, and then you can't hit level 20 ever (unless you do an epic campaign)?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 31, 2009, 03:37:51 pm »

So, is anyone else REALLY looking forward to overthrowing the hobgoblin empire?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 31, 2009, 04:11:25 pm »

Well. I can tell you, I'm looking forward to some finally not giant statues out to crush us all. Now I'm looking forward to ranks upon ranks of spear wielding hobgoblins, and epic mage battles. Here's looking at you Jervous.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 31, 2009, 04:15:48 pm »

As long as I'm not trapped in a room with a pack of goblins we should have this in the bag.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 31, 2009, 04:39:23 pm »

You know, I want one battle where Jervous gets to just unleash all his magic missiles at once, preferably near the end of this campaign where we're all like level 20.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 177