Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88797 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #840 on: December 21, 2009, 10:27:23 pm »

No, that's just for now. I didn't know the domains right off, and I don't remember where Neruz put them.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 21, 2009, 11:55:08 pm »

Renewal and Courage?

Renewal
The first time in any given day your hit points are between -1 and -9 you gain 1d8+charisma hit points.

Charm person
Lesser restoration
Remove disease
Reincarnate
Atonement

Courage
While conscious all allies within 10 feet get +4 morale to saves versus fear

Remove fear
Aid
Cloak of bravery:10minutes/level Emanate +level(10) morale to allies' saves versus fear.
Heroism
Valiant Fury:1round/level target get +1 attack, +2 morale fear, +4 morale strength and constitution.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 22, 2009, 12:04:44 am »

No, I'd want to go god shopping again. Well, two god shopping. He put up a list of the gods, somewhere.

EDIT: Seems he put up gods that ply in souls. In any case, What are the two good gods domains?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:11:51 am by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 22, 2009, 03:53:26 am »

If you're looking for domains, i suggest locating a copy of the Spell Compendium, it has almost every single 3.5 spell and domain in existence.

All the domains in there are represented by one God or another.

Also; which culture? You've run into about half a dozen different cultures now and they each have their own set of Gods.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 22, 2009, 05:41:22 am »

Do you know what you want?
Heroic god?
Strict god?
Healing god?
Fighting god?
protection god?
Involved god?
Powerful God?
Are there any specific domains you might want or any vague idea what sort of spells or effects you might want from a domain?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 24, 2009, 12:09:12 am »

Knowing what you want to do with your domain would be helpful. Our DM doesn't seem against homebrewing stuff as long as it's relatively balanced, so for example if you thought you might want to turn/rebuke merpeople, you could probably make a Mermaid domain, with spells like Breathe Water and such... Or just say what kind of enhancements and spells you you from a domain, at least three of us have access to LOTS of books and can post domains we think are relevant.

Oh and RAM, you were asking for a trope a few sessions back but we couldn't find it? I put it up for suggestion for you. (look for Missile Ride)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 24, 2009, 12:56:26 am »

Well, Hrrm. From what I can tell, it would be nice to have the sun and planning domain, sun domain overall just seems good, along with pride.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 24, 2009, 02:56:41 am »

Sun domain is a solid choice, great in an Undead heavy campaign, but alright under most other circumstances. Fate, Planning, Pride, Undeath and Pleasure are all better though :P

But yeah, if you want me to home brew some domains, i can absolutely do that. Domains are pretty easy.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 24, 2009, 04:29:16 am »

well, I'm not sure there's any gods within good that have undeath as a domain, though I'd never turn it down. Lol. Fate wouldn't be bad, or planning, since it free's up a feat for me.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 24, 2009, 04:35:04 am »

Actually i'm a fan of breaking the mould, and Undeath in and of itself is neither good nor evil, it's usually seen as distasteful certainly, and perhaps a little creepy, but that's not to say that everyone has the same opinion of it. Indeed i can easily imagine cultures that venerate Undeath and consider it an excellent way of preserving old knowledge.

I had an idea awhile back for a city-state that was led by a Lich; the founder of the state, who had carefully bound himself up in anti-decay spells and mechanisms to preserve his mind and body. Rather than drafting citizens into the military while they were alive, he made use of skeleton soldiers recruited from the ranks of the dead, thus solving the burial and military problems in one fell swoop. Adept and powerful citzens could also petition to have their souls bound to Undead bodies should they have skills or knowledge worth preserving.

Mindless animated Skeletons also served as the labour force and so forth, doing all the nasty things that no-one else wanted to do, considering they're just mindless animated bones.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 04:38:12 am by Neruz »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 24, 2009, 08:00:21 am »

Speaking of undead abominations, any chance of me coming back from the dead?

Suitably altered and leveled up, of course.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 24, 2009, 08:32:35 am »

I think i might tape that aforementioned city-state into the game, so the possibility definitely exists, especially since i need a good opposing force.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 24, 2009, 10:37:17 am »

Opposing force to what? Us? The Gods? My army that I know exists but you refuse to grant me?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 24, 2009, 10:51:30 am »

I think i might tape that aforementioned city-state into the game, so the possibility definitely exists, especially since i need a good opposing force.

So I might be rezzed as a Paladin?

Fun times.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 24, 2009, 02:04:44 pm »

hrrm. You are very planny!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 177