Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88745 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)
« Reply #750 on: December 15, 2009, 09:13:00 pm »

Shoruke gains 33 experience for his second-last post.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:30 pm »

And once again I almost die, I also saw myself die, but I saw everyone else die first... The reaper that taunted me earlier died, again. There was a dead fungus. A dead statue. A dead dragon that probably killed some gargoyles. A dead room, with a dead gem. And an entire dead storyline...

Oh, I almost forgot a dead Deadris...

Did the dead dragon look like the dead dragon?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 15, 2009, 09:18:36 pm »

The dragon that took out the room was about a hundred feet long.

So no.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 15, 2009, 09:22:30 pm »

Shoruke gains 33 experience for his second-last post.

I'm totally counting those experience points! And also, I used skill tricks! I'm so badass I can do on-the-spot healing without magic or potions! Also I can increase my walk distance to 40 ft/round. Whee!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 15, 2009, 10:51:55 pm »

So how much xp did we get for the mushroom thing?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 16, 2009, 02:14:28 am »

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember 1800...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 16, 2009, 02:29:06 am »

Sounds about right. 1850 i think it was.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 16, 2009, 10:12:24 am »

Well looks like that levels me up then, I'll have to take car of it when I get back from my final though.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 16, 2009, 03:26:51 pm »

I leveled up again, so what do I get if I go for another level of Force Missile Mage?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 16, 2009, 03:37:49 pm »

Went for another level of wizard. My fighter bonuses are very nice, but right now I'd rather get some competent range bonuses. I have gained two new abilities:

* Summon Monster I - Calls forth a celestial badger to maul my foes. Great for kicks.

* Grease - Roll for Will save in a 5x5 template, DC 14+ Caster's INT bonus. On failure, target must spend 2 rounds re-enacting any musical number from the classic 50s-era movie Grease.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 16, 2009, 04:07:55 pm »

Since I already have two weapon fighting (not to mention oversized two weapon fighting) if I were to take the two weapon offense from the fighter fix does that mean I wouldn't have any penalties for dual wielding?.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 16, 2009, 09:04:37 pm »

Eldritch knight is one type of fighter/wizard prestige class, it has almost full spellcasting and full base attack bonus, but it still isn't all that powerful. Combat mages can be very effective but also very difficult to make and play, I suggest you ask Neruz about prestige classes if you intend on continuing with this.

I believe that you lose your fighter bonus feats, so you will need to have those feats from your normal feats at 1st, 3rd, 6th etc. levels. I am also pretty sure that Neruz said that two-weapon offence didn't stack with two-weapon fighting, but you can probably qualify for feats using it in place of two-weapon fighting, I imagine that would match the intent of it. So you can probably trade in two-weapon fighting, but youwill need to check with Neruz...

Spoiler: fighter-mage spells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:55:34 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 16, 2009, 10:45:13 pm »

Eldritch knight is one type of fighter/wizard prestige class, it has almost full spellcasting and full base attack bonus, but it still isn't all that powerful. Combat mages can be very effective but also very difficult to make and play, I suggest you ask Neruz about prestige classes if you intend on continuing with this.

I believe that you lose your fighter bonus feats, so you will need to have those feats from your normal feats at 1st, 3rd, 6th etc. levels. I am also pretty sure that Neruz said that two-weapon offence didn't stack with two-weapon fighting, but you can probably qualify for feats using it in place of two-weapon fighting, I imagine that would match the intent of it. So you can probably trade in two-weapon fighting, but youwill need to check with Neruz...
This is also why I'm asking in the first place since the two weapon of the fighter fix is better than the normal one.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 16, 2009, 11:00:11 pm »

This is also why I'm asking in the first place since the two weapon of the fighter fix is better than the normal one.

The Fighter Techniques do not stack with the feats from which they originate; they are treated as those feats for the purposes of requirements and soforth, but never stack with them. Which is why they're better than the normal feats, as only Fighters have access to them.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 16, 2009, 11:02:03 pm »

I leveled up again, so what do I get if I go for another level of Force Missile Mage?

+1 BAB (Up from +0), +3 Will Save (Up from +2), The Missile Damage Type ability, the Missile Penetration ability and +1 to your existing spellcasting level for the purposes of determining spells per day and spells known.

Damage Type (Ex): When casting Magic Missile, you can have its damage count as fire, cold, electric, acid or sonic damage.

Missile Penetration (Ex): You gain a bonus equal to one half your Force Missile Mage level on caster level checks made to overcome Spell Resistance when casting Magic Missile. This stacks with Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration. In addition, you can penetrate Shield spells and Brooches of Shielding with Magic Missile by making a caster level check (DC 11+Shield's caster level or DC 20 for the brooches). The bonus doesn't apply to these uses.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 177