Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88540 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next FRYDAY\SATDEI 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2009, 08:20:29 pm »

Hmm well maybe I can't join in this game then, fridays for me are fucked. Well heres my current avalibilites which may change in the next week or two if I manage to score a job.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2009, 09:50:35 pm »

Wouldn't the healer kit contain a sewing needle, and doesn't the climbing kit contain a grappling hook?
I'd like to point out that I'm a noobie And then again it doesnt hurt to have extra does it? :P
Worst case scenario I'll discard or sell things later on
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2009, 10:04:49 pm »

*I have included point costs after each stat
Alright I've made a character, a Goblin Cleric.

Strength    7   (-2) 1
Dexterity    14   (+2) 4
Constitution    11   (+0) 3
Intelligence    15   (+2) 8
Wisdom    16   (+3) 10
Charisma    11   (+0) 5
I count 31 points

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157617

Dwarf
Strength    17   (+3) 13
Dexterity    16   (+3) 10
Constitution    14   (+2) 4
Intelligence    15   (+2) 8
Wisdom    11   (+0) 3
Charisma    11   (+0) 5
And here I count 43...

Unfortunately for people with decent rolls we are not rolling our stats, we are buying them using the 28 point buy system(if I recall correctly) which works by giving you 28 points with which to buy your stats.
Racial modifiers are applied after the stats are bought and the stats cost the following:
08: 0
09: 1
10: 2
11: 3
12: 4
13: 5
14: 6
15: 8
16: 10
17: 13
18: 16

As you can see it favours values below 15 but you can buy a maximum or near-maximum value quite easily, also note that because racial modifiers are separate that a dwarf for example would get a 16 constitution for 6 points or a 6 charisma for 0 points and it is not possible to buy higher than an 18 or less than an 8.
I believe that it averages a touch lower than rolling but is completely guaranteed and gives much greater control.

If you don't want to bother figuring it out I have prepared a possible stat selection

Goblin:
Strength    8   (-1) 2
Dexterity    12   (+1) 2
Constitution    12   (+1) 4
Intelligence    14   (+2) 6
Wisdom    16   (+3) 10
Charisma    10   (+0) 4

Dwarf:
Strength    14   (+2) 6
Dexterity    16   (+3) 10
Constitution    14   (+2) 4
Intelligence    14   (+2) 6
Wisdom    8   (-1) 0
Charisma    8   (-1) 2

These are by no means perfect but I was making a flimsy effort to maintain their original feel...

Also note that you have 200 gp to spend on the following lists
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponDescriptions
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm#armorDescriptions
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm
The party could use rope and waterskins, and if you turn up with some hunks of cheese and bread we could have a party, but they will probably go mouldy...

Oh, and dibs on being the first plant-hybrid to drink the murky water-fertiliser stuff that makes plants sentient...

I have updated my character sheet...
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=162629
Spoiler: level 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: level 4 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:32:43 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2009, 10:41:24 pm »

Okay so minor tweaks are in order but does my avalibilites even work for the group? I don't want to cause the group to play less due to me not being there.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2009, 11:34:11 pm »

that stat suggestion seems fine for me, I was only off by 3 points anyways, but does this mean I need to redo the entire sheet or just edit the old one?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2009, 03:10:52 am »

Okay so minor tweaks are in order but does my avalibilites even work for the group? I don't want to cause the group to play less due to me not being there.
Your availability shouldn't be an issue for the group, which frequently plays with people absent, but I doubt that we will be changing our timetable in a hurry. So if you can't make it to any of the sessions it may be best to try to con someone else into starting a new one.
I am not certain what your timezone is but I suspect that you will be able to make the saturday session but not the friday session. I believe that the friday session is supposed to start in a little over 3 days and 13 hours from the posting time of this post, which should be visible at the top of it.

that stat suggestion seems fine for me, I was only off by 3 points anyways, but does this mean I need to redo the entire sheet or just edit the old one?

You should be fine just changing the old character sheet. The strength bonus went up by 1 to -1 which will affect your melee attack bonus, grapple checks, carrying capacities, and a few skills.
I lowered your dexterity to 12, which will make it difficult to get some feats, mostly dodge, which isn't common for clerics, but could be useful...
it will also lower your initiative, AC, touch AC, missile attack bonus, reflex save, and many skills by 1.
Finally the change in constitution should give you +1 to fortitude, hit points, and concentration.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2009, 09:24:50 am »

As a cleric, you should have at least one rank in Knowledge: Religion.

The rest of us have never even heard of Buddhism...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2009, 10:18:06 am »

I'm assuming the first level health is maxed?
edit: Also are we suppose to only use srd feats for this game? Theres a feat I want to bring in for dual wielding.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:33:32 am by userpay »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2009, 04:43:18 pm »

Nevermind,  fridays are once again closed for me. Bleh.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2009, 05:04:32 pm »

TvTropes can phrase my response better than I personally can. Which confirms the awesomeness of TvTropes, since I'm actually quite good with English. And yes; that sentence fragment WAS intentional.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2009, 05:23:26 pm »

Anything goes; i reccommend you don't go wild with crazy races and class combos if you are unfamiliar with the game, Human is always a good race to choose if you're unsure (in fact it's often the most optimised race as well!) but if you want to create something strange then go for it.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2009, 05:28:58 pm »

Well I suppose I should tell ye what it is so it can be decided on. Its ambidexterity, basiclly it cuts the penalty of wielding stuff in the off hand by 4 so if I'm dual wielding with that feat, two-weapon fighting, and the off hand weapon is a light weapon then I only take a -2 attack bonus penalty to both attacks.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2009, 05:39:48 pm »

The Two-Weapon fighting feat already cuts 2 off the main-hand penalty and 6 off the off-hand penalty, giving you -4 to both attacks with a normal weapon, and -2 to both attacks with a light weapon.

So that feat would, in fact, give you a +2 bonus to attacks with your off-hand weapon, which is silly.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2009, 06:15:54 pm »

The Two-Weapon fighting feat already cuts 2 off the main-hand penalty and 6 off the off-hand penalty, giving you -4 to both attacks with a normal weapon, and -2 to both attacks with a light weapon.

So that feat would, in fact, give you a +2 bonus to attacks with your off-hand weapon, which is silly.
Hmm let me go look the feat up again and I'll get back to ye on that.
Edit: I'm pretty sure what I said was right, if you look at two weapon fighting with a light weapon in the off hand the penalties are -2 for main weapon and -6 for off hand. Ambidexterity takes away the -4 penatly for using the off hand which means both main and off hand penalties are -2.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So without two weapon fighting dualwielding is -6/-10 respectivly, with two weapon with light weapon in off hand its -2/ -6, and with ambidexterity its -2/-2
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:23:49 pm by userpay »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2009, 07:25:08 pm »

TWF: -6 to MH, -10 to OH
TWF with Light Weapon: -(6-2=4) to MH, -(10-2=8) to OH
TWF with Feat: -(6-2=4) to MH, -(10-6=4) to OH
TWF with Feat and Light Weapon: -(6-2-2=2) to MH, -(10-6-2=2) to OH

The TWF Feat reduces the OH penalty by 6, not 2.

See This Page about TWF.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 177