Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88535 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next FRYDAY\SATDEI 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #390 on: November 14, 2009, 10:59:28 pm »

I'm pulling shit from all over the place; ages ago i made this huge-ass index of 'stuff that might come in handy while DMing' including templates, materials, magical weapon effects etc etc. I'm also heavily modifying things on the fly (the base Woodling template gives +7 natural AC, but no HP bonus, i dropped the AC bonus and gave you a HP bonus instead, since you needed the HP more than you needed the AC.)

As for the owners of the weapons; they're dead and i have no plans to revive them. It is possible you may run into similar parties in the future however, depending on what path you take.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 14, 2009, 11:54:41 pm »

Oh yes, definitely, those Hit points are very useful.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 15, 2009, 08:46:25 pm »

I know huh?!? I finally have more hitpoints than fingers!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 15, 2009, 11:29:21 pm »

Yeah, Calladskor i'm not too concerned about since he's pretty tough (although his offence is almost nonexistant, good thing you're fighting stupid enemies, for now.) But your HP in particular was worrying me a bit, since you kept running into melee, were extremely easy to hit and the current-level enemies could quite easily one-shot you by accident with an AoE spell.

Word of advice for future games; In 3.5, Con is never a dump stat. Always have at least a 10 (post racial adjustment) in Con, no exceptions. You can get away with an 8 Con in 4e (although it's considered pretty stupid there too), but trying to get away with less than 10 Con in 3.5 is just begging to get hit with something that bypasses normal defences, like Magic Missile.

And when you guys start running into more intelligent enemies and i start using tactics, that will happen.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 15, 2009, 11:36:52 pm »

YAY! 8D I only missed one game instead of two. 8D I'm happy. In any case, I am back, yay.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 16, 2009, 04:06:21 am »

Hi, I've always wanted to try DnD but I've never played before, would I be able to try and get in on all this?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 16, 2009, 09:21:13 am »

Probably, we only have 5 players. And that's IF AND ONLY IF the healer and the full-wizard show up.

Be a healer. Or for god's sake, a nonevil tank. Deadris would be so much easier to handle if he were replacable.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2009, 09:50:22 am »

Oh, suck it up. I do more than my share of the work, and I haven't done anything that negatively affected the party for more than 5 minutes.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2009, 10:14:04 am »

I could throw a character in here considering that the game I was in died so I've got 1 already to go.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs
« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2009, 04:16:29 pm »

Alright I've made a character, a Goblin Cleric.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2009, 04:26:28 pm »

Wouldn't the healer kit contain a sewing needle, and doesn't the climbing kit contain a grappling hook?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2009, 04:30:05 pm »

Heh I probably should have posted the link when I said I've got a character, here he is.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157617

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2009, 05:28:51 pm »

Oh, suck it up. I do more than my share of the work, and I haven't done anything that negatively affected the party for more than 5 minutes.

You did blow up the room and then gain a paralyzing phobia of mushrooms.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2009, 05:36:23 pm »

My point remains valid.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2009, 06:19:15 pm »

Hey, I should be able to make most games for now! Unless band starts up soon, I should be able to make friday games, for at least a month.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 177