Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88523 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next FRYDAY\SATDEI 20:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2009, 10:23:08 pm »

From my DnD shelf.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2009, 11:12:56 pm »

I'm such a bad person. Sorry guys, something huge came up and I'm not just saying huge I mean massive.

I give you my word, for when it comes time for the next game, I shall go through fire, valleys, mountains and even death itself to make it there. I will fight for my right to play DnD! I shall swim through oceans! I will go through deadly jungles! I will take down the GODS themselves to be there.

You have my word.

And my AXE.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 14, 2009, 11:51:42 am »

That's great, but the next game isn't in 3 hours, it's in six days and three hours, since the DM is off to a party to get blitzed.

Also... my longswrod is mithril, finessable, can do 1d6 frost damage OR nullify an enemy's dex bonus to AC. Could you even use it though? And am I able to use your scimitar, due to size differences? The dagger should be fine for either of us though, so if we just keep passing it back and forth based on who needs it more at the moment, it should all work out fine.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 14, 2009, 11:58:56 am »

I'm not blind...I'm unreliable. :D

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 14, 2009, 01:22:35 pm »

So, let's see here...

We've got a deceased and now rezzed Evil Warrior who is now even more Evil than before, given the ability of flight and several other insane bonuses, and has immense power over the undead, and evil in general. This warrior happens to serve the God of War, who became a god by killing his predecessor. He mysteriously travels with a dog, the only creature he has not yet tried to kill/expressed an interest in killing. He is a murderous fiend; he would, and has in fact tried to kill his companions for the DnD equivalent of a Klondike bar. He is also confusingly genre-savvy, yet also a total imbecile who will most likely kill quest-giving NPCs, only to strike up a conversation with the next  random encounter he sees. Hates trees.

Then we've got a gnome rogue, who is now part tree; he enjoys jumping and tumbling around enemies and generally being no help whatsoever now that we've got a second rogue.

There's the self-centered and self-righteous wizard who has a history of being the most competent party member while at the same time doing absolutely nothing. Missed becoming part tree, however.

Then we've got a rogue/wizard with a disturbing extraplanar cat, whose interests primarily involve exposition that belongs in a single player campaign, unlocking things, and inflicting elemental pain on himself. Is currently sharing custody of a dagger with the other rogue.

And then, of course, are the two most developed characters in the campaign: Donkius Titanius and his clone, whose antics are so demented that their very presence determines whether a session shall be gritty and serious or laugh-out-loud hilarity.

(I am in no way attempting to be biased here; these are all the character traits I know of for each character; Deadris simply has a larger description because I know more about him since he's my character.)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 14, 2009, 01:36:20 pm »

You missed out the part about you apparently being DAVY FRICKING JONES.

And you conveniently (for you at any rate) seem to have forgotten that you owe me your dog's life. I saved it from a spider that was feasting on its unconscious body. I'm also the most tactful when dealing with noncombat NPCs.

I'd also like to mention the Calladskor is a better tank than Deadris, since he draws so damn much aggro with his antics but still manages to almost never get hit. (Major exception: Black magical well of concentrated negative energy)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 14, 2009, 01:38:31 pm »

Doing nothing? D=

It'd be cool if we could write bigger backstories here and get someone to go artisimo on our characters. I'd love custom character portraits ;3
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:43:03 pm by Jervous »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 14, 2009, 02:09:16 pm »

Hmm, yeah I suppose just using pog1 (literally, the first pog in the default GameTable archive was the best one) is kinda lame. Hey DM, what's that tool you have to just take a picture and pog-ify it?

As for backstories, I think those should be revealed in-game, for more RP. Perhaps we could all PM the DM, and tell him a situation that would be perfect for us to reveal our backstory, or something like that?

Much like the lead-up to Vaarsuvius' uber-contract in OotS, only set up on purpose  :P

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 14, 2009, 02:32:47 pm »

You missed out the part about you apparently being DAVY FRICKING JONES.

And you conveniently (for you at any rate) seem to have forgotten that you owe me your dog's life. I saved it from a spider that was feasting on its unconscious body. I'm also the most tactful when dealing with noncombat NPCs.

I'd also like to mention the Calladskor is a better tank than Deadris, since he draws so damn much aggro with his antics but still manages to almost never get hit. (Major exception: Black magical well of concentrated negative energy)

You do realize, however, I now have 25 AC, somehow? It's borderline disturbing how insanely hard to hit he is, now. In fact, the only times I'm usually hit are by ranged touch attacks, or by bosses that would have hit me not matter what my AC is.

And I do remember that you saved my dog, but my character's motives run very deep, moreso than you'd think from seeing him in action. Not to mention he's evil, so gratitude just isn't his thing to start with.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 14, 2009, 02:58:18 pm »

But I'm still able to lord it over you, because if I pull out this fact at a critical moment, it'll drive you batshit insane because

YOU. OWE. ME. And you know it.

(plus you can't activate the portal, but any of the rest of us can, even Calladskor)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 14, 2009, 03:05:45 pm »

Then I'll break your spine and brainwash you while you heal to become totally dependent on me. Even if you abandon me, it won't take me long to level up, at which point I can take a level in Wizard and use the portals myself.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 14, 2009, 04:03:02 pm »

Great, now everyone will be taking wizard levels and I'll be even more useless.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 14, 2009, 04:33:04 pm »

Don't feel too bad. I was serious when I said you were the most competent member of the party. You don't do a lot, but when you do things, they work; that's just something that doesn't usually happen in this campaign.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 14, 2009, 04:47:03 pm »

Says the half-devil who can't push someone off a ledge.

(Also, I'm immune to brainwashing)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 14, 2009, 06:02:03 pm »

Yeah, me too, all of a sudden my -1 will save isn't bothering me quite so much...

Magical weapons resize to match their wielder so anyone can use anything, and I have fighter levels so I can use any martial weapon, longsword included, but you probably can't use the scimitar, which has awesome damage capacity if it hits, I just wish I could use finesse with it...

I noticed Deadris' AC and could only find 24 AC: 10 + 2 natural + 1 dexterity + 9 +1 Full plate + 2 Earthforged.

I have 10 + 3 natural + 3 dexterity + 5 +1 chain shirt + 2 small large shield + 1 size = 24 AC. +1 dodge + 4 mobility + 6 total defence = 35 AC ...

I wonder if I could get the scimitar reforged into a rapier without losing its magic, although I hate to think what the dervish that they were made for could do with them...

That scimitar just solves all my problems, I have massive amounts of hit points and a severe lack of damage, but I can get +18 damage out of that thing for a petty 6 lost hitpoints...

Hmmm, did you actually make the characters that used to have this gear?
Dual scimitars just screams dervish, crossbows are almost always used by arcane spellcasters, although I think it came with the chainmail, which is a bit heavy for a mage unless they were doing something odd, but you can get by with a little spell fail if you are too squishy...

I don't suppose you know off-hand which books these special materials and the plant template came from, my library is somewhat limited and they sound really interesting, the dagger does sound kind of familiar though...

*attempts to stop rambling*
(4)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 177