Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 177

Author Topic: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Back to Fridays\Sundays)  (Read 88505 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Moar DnDs on the Interwebs (Next SUNDEI 20:00 GMT+0) (Suggest other days!)
« Reply #330 on: November 05, 2009, 09:12:57 pm »

I believe the next session is tomorrow, at 20:00 GMT. The usual time. Then again Neruz DID change the forum title...

Also... for our game tomorrow (or sundei), how about when everyone joins the session, you register your character name as the name you have on this forum? Then we can use /as to be in character, and it will be easy to figure out what's in character and what's not. Provided we can keep everyone's double-names straight (Shoruke=Shneeka, Neruz=game master, CJ1145 = DEADris, etc.)

This will be especially useful for people reading the chatlog. In my case, for example, people see Shneeka for in character or Shneeka for out of character (though it should be Shneeka and Shneeka respectively).

No, sorry, skill points completely refuse to co-operate. Previous classes don't contribute to what is a class skill. You cannot save skill points for use at later levels. You don't get more skill points from previous levels if you raise your intelligence. You don't get more skill points from temporary or magical bonuses to intelligence. Basically, if you can think of a way to get more or better skill points, then the answer will always be no...

Except for how class skills from all previous classes stay as class skills when multiclassing?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 05, 2009, 11:06:36 pm »

I change the forum title whenever i can be bothered.

Next game is Fryday, same as usual.

Games will be on Fryday and Sundei, 20:00 GMT, unless i specifically contradict this.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 05, 2009, 11:32:48 pm »

Excellent. See you all tomorrow pretty much as soon as I get home from University, then  :P

(level 3, your ass is MINE...)

Also, what are we going to do with Deadris in terms of character? We bring him back to life and then he turns super-evil, and presumably he will make an attempt to kill us all at some point?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 06, 2009, 12:57:37 am »

Sounds like his plan anyway.

Also: you could always have everyone change their nick to

"forumname32 (CharacterName)"
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 06, 2009, 12:57:58 am »

He's already made repeated attempts to kill you all, i would have thought you'd have gotten used to that by now.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 06, 2009, 07:03:26 am »

We shall see. My new dark master is Chaotic Evil, not Chaotic Stupid. I don't think he'd mind me having a few puppets around so I can cause more mayhem and destruction in the long run.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 06, 2009, 07:51:59 am »

Also... for our game tomorrow (or sundei), how about when everyone joins the session, you register your character name as the name you have on this forum? Then we can use /as to be in character, and it will be easy to figure out what's in character and what's not. Provided we can keep everyone's double-names straight (Shoruke=Shneeka, Neruz=game master, CJ1145 = DEADris, etc.)

This will be especially useful for people reading the chatlog. In my case, for example, people see Shneeka for in character or Shneeka for out of character (though it should be Shneeka and Shneeka respectively).

No, sorry, skill points completely refuse to co-operate. Previous classes don't contribute to what is a class skill. You cannot save skill points for use at later levels. You don't get more skill points from previous levels if you raise your intelligence. You don't get more skill points from temporary or magical bonuses to intelligence. Basically, if you can think of a way to get more or better skill points, then the answer will always be no...

Except for how class skills from all previous classes stay as class skills when multiclassing?
I am pretty sure that the class skills remaining class skills thing is a flaw in the character generation program, and that according to the rules your class skills are determined solely based upon the class you are immediately taking a level in.

And I prefer using /as for out of character discussion, it gives in-character speaking more momentum. But I guess we can try it your way, although I expect everyone to turn up with the same setup they have been using until now anyway...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 06, 2009, 07:54:07 am »

I am pretty sure that the class skills remaining class skills thing is a flaw in the character generation program, and that according to the rules your class skills are determined solely based upon the class you are immediately taking a level in.

Nope; if a skill is a class skill for any class you have, it's a class skill, regardless of what class you level.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 06, 2009, 10:40:41 am »

Nope; if a skill is a class skill for any class you have, it's a class skill, regardless of what class you level.

Hza! Tons of skill requirements for Arcane Trickster can bite my 8+4 skill points per rogue level and multiclassed skills!

And I prefer using /as for out of character discussion, it gives in-character speaking more momentum. But I guess we can try it your way, although I expect everyone to turn up with the same setup they have been using until now anyway...

I think that, since we use a lot more OOC talking than IC talking, we should have the more commonly-used one as the default.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 06, 2009, 02:20:14 pm »

Or set up an ooc irc.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2009, 02:47:16 pm »

Maybe. But on a more game-related note the time zones have me messed up again. Game in 15 minutes, right? Or is it an hour and 15 minutes?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 06, 2009, 02:52:42 pm »

10 minutes by my clock... and Neruz is listed as Online, so it shouldn't be long before the game is up.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 06, 2009, 02:54:50 pm »

Server is vertical, same details as usual.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 06, 2009, 04:23:49 pm »

Where's Vomu? I get a feeling we're going to need our healer. REALLY BAD.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 06, 2009, 08:53:54 pm »

Game, what, 6? I think it's 6. Is complete, unfortunately Word ate itself so there's no chat log this time. Just treshure.

Spoiler: Session 6 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:02:04 pm by Neruz »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 177